Tucson, Arizona, but I wish I was in Philly, PA

Cool Does anyone have original concept art?

I was just wondering, does anyone have original concept art of California Adventures. Not pictures of when it first opened, but the concept art that they used to show what California Adventures would look like. Also, if you have any photos of the construction of California Adventures, Downtown Disney, and The Grand Californian Hotel, it would be great to show those. Thanks.

I will be at DisneyWorld on April 29, 2011-May 4, 2011. If You Are Going The Same Time Message Me

• Future Imagineer! =D

Re: Does anyone have original concept art?

Hmm, come to think of it, I've never seen the original concept art of California Adventures
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleImagineer View Post
    Hmm, come to think of it, I've never seen the original concept art of California Adventures
    Exactly, that is why I started this thread. If I find anything, i'll post it.

I will be at DisneyWorld on April 29, 2011-May 4, 2011. If You Are Going The Same Time Message Me

Found A Poster From I Believe 1996. I Am Going To Try To Find The Preiew That They Had Of The Park On All The Disney DVDs That Were Released In 2000 And 2001.

Found The Promo That They Had On The Disney DVD's In 2000. There Was A Different Promo In 2001 That I Will Try To Find.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zEDwREX8X0]YouTube - Disney California Adventure Promo from 2001[/ame]

Found The Second Preview Video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXwgPypdOiM]YouTube - DCA Preview Commercial #2[/ame]

^ cool comercials.
    It's interesting that they made a big deal about the bear mountain, and didn't really talk about much of hollywood or paradise pier. hmmm....

Oh how I love smiles!

• Californian Fox-Wolf

*Looks at the logo at the end of both commercials*
    Disney's California Adventure (in California).

haha, was stating the location even necessary?
    Please...don't call me simmer, call me Mike Folf.
    I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanis Califius, otherwise known as a Californian Folf.

"Cool shades, Mike!"

Art Tweet Comic Tube

• MC's #1 Mars Volta fan

I remember there was a different preview at the beginning of one of my Pixar tapes in '99 or 2000 when I was about 4...I'm pretty sure it was Toy Story 2 (I watched that the most it's burned into my memories) or A Bug's Life. I'll get back to you.

• Banned User

They had a preview center set up outside the park full of art. I remember not being wowed back then looking at it all.

• Addicted to MC since '08

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    Great Find, But Out Of All The Pictures/Concept Art, The One That Hits The Hardest Is This Photo.

I Never Realized How Small California Adventures Was Before The Additions Of A Bugs Land And Tower Of Terror. Now I See Why It Was Built So Cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFreak1 View Post
    Found The Promo That They Had On The Disney DVD's In 2000. There Was A Different Promo In 2001 That I Will Try To Find.

YouTube - Disney California Adventure Promo from 2001
    Goofy - "Disneyland's flat"

im not sure why but that made me laugh.
    DL Trips: '86, '87, '88, '89, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13...

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit View Post
    Goofy - "Disneyland's flat"

im not sure why but that made me laugh.
    Hey Goofy- I think you need to have a little talk wiuth Walt considering there's a mountain in the middle of your park.

He was right if he said the area outside of Disneyland is flat cause it's a parking lot... Honestly I liked it better as one too
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Yeah... looking at all this concept stuff... I dunno, but does it seem to anyone else that this is just a bad concept in general to have at Disneyland?
    I mean ... a park featuring things in California.... IN California? I mean.. I could understand if they put this park in Paris or Tokyo ... you know, where they don't have all these things to go see for real..
    But I mean, half the things in the park are stuff you can find in just a short 30 minute drive from Disneyland... the beach, piers, Hollywood, etc. I mean .. sure it's kinda cool, and I gotta get some CA pride for being the only state great enough to have a whole theme park based around it, but don't you think this would've been better suited to be placed in a foreign park, for people who couldn't afford a trip out to California to see all these things?

I mean, of course there's nothing to do about it now, and the park is slowly improving ... but I just wonder what the blue sky meetings were like when whoever first came up with this idea thought it would be good and tried to convince everyone else that it would be good too...

"Okay guys.. how about this? ... we build a second park on the Disneyland, CA parking lot .. themed after ... wait for it...... California!"

"A California themed park in Southern California? Why would people pay to go experience artificial California in a theme park, when they live in the state and probably either live at these places or can easily and frequently visit them?"

"Because we'll build up a lot of hype about it years and years in advance, then use the least amount of money and effort to get it done, and jack up the prices for tickets for people to visit both parks! .... *cough* and then probably have to spend over a billion dollars and more later on to bring it up to par with our other parks *cough*"

"What was that last part?"

"Oh, nothing...."

"Well, Johnson, you've done it again! Let's get building! Champagne for everyone! YAY!"

I assume it went something like that..
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney