Thread: 5 year mission

• Oooh thats gotta hurt

5 year mission

Ok so you have been given a 5 year contract to run Disneyland and DCA, your mission should you choose to accept it is how would "fix" the resort?

Rules are as follows: 1 major renovation a year (think "Its a Small World" type, a year closed) 2 minor renovations (6 months at most) for rides. 1 counter service resturant a month and 1 sit down resturant a month.

2 stores in a 4 month period. If you do any renovations at night you must have the area back in service by morning (walkway/overhead things etc.)

The reason i am asking this is i have read many threads about how bad this or that is so how would you fix it? oh btw you have full control management wise and you do have a budget, so no ideas like rip out the whole *insert area/ride/land/park* and replace. So what would you do? oh and have fun. Dukenukem
    Oooogaoooga Divedivedive bring her to periscope depth WHAT!! what do you mean we can't dive the Disney subs argghh, can we launch torpedos? let me guess no torpedos right?

• We Go On.

Re: 5 year mission

One word:

Tomorrowland.

• Oooh thats gotta hurt

Ok so here are my ideas. First i would put out to bid the running of the counter service to someone who knows how to run a fast food place (Mcdonalds, Burger king and others) they would only get one resturant, the others would bid on whats left, the pizza place would get run by some one who knows how to run a pizza place, you would have a buffet line, a salad bar and be able to order a whole pizza if you like, you then would go to pay if you wanted more get in line again. Now i would stay with the same themes as they are now (names would stay also) with in small letters who was running it. The idea would be they serve there regular menu (kids menu, bargin menu and the like) you would then have some sort of choice on a burger as opposed to what they serve now. You could also include a place like Panda Express or some Mexican food resturants to run the other counter service that serve other food (choices, choices, choices) They would come in and revamp/make more effecent these places so you could get in make your choices and eat in a resonable time. I would leave the sit down places alone for now unless something was really wrong with them.

Next rides and btw screw the rip out and replace rule (my thread my rules heh)
    Oooogaoooga Divedivedive bring her to periscope depth WHAT!! what do you mean we can't dive the Disney subs argghh, can we launch torpedos? let me guess no torpedos right?

• Oooh thats gotta hurt

Rides: i would tear out the winne the pooh ride and do like someone else suggested and make a critter country mine ride, mine cars for ride vehicles and of course all of the critters! Next i would redo toon town if the pooh ride needs to stay put it there where the coaster is. Next i would renovate autotopia, i would combine the old boat ride into autotopia and make the cars amphibious it would be longer plus more futuristic. As for minor renovations i would add retractible awnings over ride waiting lines (POTC and the like)

What else hmmmm....... i will come up with more. Dukenukem

• Mouse at work

I agree: Tomorrowland. Put in a peoplemover with a maglev system that runs all over tomorrowland using monorail beams. Take out the cosmic waves fountain, put the escalator back. Also, within the concrete floor, put LED or OLED lighting around each piece of stamped concrete so that whenever someone walks on each tile, the tiles light up. Take out the current tracks and cars on the raceway in Tomorrowland. Redesign the cars, make the cars electric but faster than they currently are, and remove the guided rails so that the guests can actually control the cars. Make the theme about the future of cloning, cryogenics life extension, Star Wars, flying cars, make Space Mountain more enjoyable by having each row have 2 people instead of one, make the track more smoothe and make the blackness seem more... BLACK. Make the food seem more futuristic and have a lot of dippin dots ice cream and freeze-dried food featured more prominently in Tomorrowland. Freeze dried food is actually tastier than you think! For food, I would take out the current counter service food next to the Tomorrowland Terrace and make it into Pizza Planet like in DHS in WDW in Florida, but still keep the quick service for the people who are always in a hurry, except I would take out all that craptastic greasy food and put in more health conscious, BUT TASTY food! As for the rest of DL, I would make the Pooh ride more interactive, make the doom buggies in HM bigger with more tricks IN the doom buggie itself to make the experience all the more frightening! I would actually EXPAND Toon Town by making it more realistic, as in making Donald's boat his real house and a meet n' greet. Same with Minnie's house, Mickey's house, Pluto's doghouse, Goofy's House, and Daisy's house, and Chip and Dale's house. I would also build a town hall and have an interactive attraction where kids/adults can call a meeting and the Fab Five will actually show up and everyone would listen to what the people have to say and it would be an interactive experience with the people and the characters where the characters would actually be able to talk for once! And Max would also have a room in Goofy's house. The houses would be 2 story houses(Max and Goofy's house). In DCA, I would keep the California theme, except expand on the Route 66 theme throughout the ENTIRE park, and The Fab Five and all other Disney characters would show up dressed like they are along route 66 and act as if theya re in route 66... IF that makes sense.
    "Ian, in life, whatever you do, DO NOT give up your dreams and goals of the past, present, and future and only then will you be successful!" - Walter Elias Disney