• MC's #1 Mars Volta fan

It's A Small World

I've noticed that after the refurb IASW has some major believability problems. A lot of the nail heads are easily visible, the ceilings are blank, and you can even see some extension cords! I haven't been here long so excuse me if this has already been addressed.

• =)

Re: It's A Small World

That's one aspect of IASW that contributes to it not being a favorite of mine. I wish they'd corrected this during the overhaul instead of making tweaks that inflame a few guests and have little impact on most of the others; as far as I'm concerned, it's an honest-to-goodness flaw in the original show, and it shouldn't be left that way for 40 years.

• Minion

Ugh...All I can say is....

I will not be introducing my children to that ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by I.M. Loco View Post
    I've noticed that after the refurb IASW has some major believability problems. A lot of the nail heads are easily visible, the ceilings are blank, and you can even see some extension cords! I haven't been here long so excuse me if this has already been addressed.
    extension cords do bother me big time (the outlets and extension cords I can see at the end of pirates (near the "burning" logs) drive me nuts. Small World kinda hard to hide so I deal with it...but I'm sure they could throw down blue (look like water) fabric or something.

A few years ago during the HM party I addressed a few extension cords that I saw.
    They thanked me and the next day they were covered by a black piece of fabric.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Disneyland Connoisseur

I haven't been on IASW enough to actually notice these flaws. However, I have come to accept the fact that IASW isn't meant to be an extremely detailed dark ride like Pirates or HM. The scenery is very low budget (cardboard postcards?) but I think that it is meant to be that way. With all of the moving parts that control the "dolls" and how much they cost, they probably didn't want to spend any extra money on scenery or presentation. The ride is low-budget (excluding the moving parts, boats, animal topiaries, etc.) and I think that it has become known for its simple, child-like presentation.
    4th Trip To Disneyland: June 28th-June 30th!

• =)

I've only been on IASW once in the last five years, and probably once in the five years before that, but these flaws grabbed my attention without any attempt at discovering them on my part. =/

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I hate to sound like a turd but before I became a full-fledged Disney geek I never looked at the ceiling. There's too much going on in that ride to even notice IMO.

• =)

You don't sound like a turd, but it just goes to show that different people experience the park differently. I noticed these things before I became a "full-fledged Disney geek," before I cared about backstage, before I started intentionally looking for these sorts of details. I mean, I think behind-the-scenes stuff is cool and all, but only when it remains firmly behind the scenes, y'know?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    You don't sound like a turd, but it just goes to show that different people experience the park differently. I noticed these things before I became a "full-fledged Disney geek," before I cared about backstage, before I started intentionally looking for these sorts of details. I mean, I think behind-the-scenes stuff is cool and all, but only when it remains firmly behind the scenes, y'know?
    Ha!

The one thing I always noticed was the dreaded ladder below the flume. Some things just stick out like a sore thumb that's bleeding and swollen.

• Favorite movie ever

Blog Entries

Are you talking about the ceilings that are not themed to anything?

Well, the ceilings look like you are going to a generic Wal-Mart store or something, if that is what you are referencing. I Never thought about that until this was brought up, and I think that they should theme it to a sky or maybe cover it with some blue wrapping and use fiber-optics to reflect the sky.

BTW- What are you going to do about the wires that make Peter pan/ Tinkerbell fly?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra5drgntKOI

I'M LOOKING THROUGH YOU...WHERE DID YOU GO?

• Future theatre actress <3

Where the crypt doors creak and the tombstones quake

ive never really payed any attention to celiengs! the only time i looked at the celing in iasw is when i see jasmine and aladdin on the carpet. ill have to look next time.
    So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

• Light up the HALO!

I agree 100%. The tiles need to go.
    As we say to the animals, that's the end of the lion.

RACE THROUGH THE UNIVERSE, CAREEN THROUGH THE STARS.

Space Mountain