Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Seeker of Fun

Little Mermaid Dark Ride

Does anyone have any idea about what type of ride The Little Mermaid will be? I've heard it will be in "shells" and include some of the obvious stuff from the movie. What I'm wondering, is if it will be a "slow" ride, or something that moves quickly, or a combination of both? Any comparison rides? Thanks!

• MC's #1 Mars Volta fan

Re: Little Mermaid Dark Ride

Most likely it's going to be a standard dark ride, look to the Fantasyland rides (sans Mr. Toad) for speed comparison.

• Minion

The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure will use the exact same ride system as the Haunted Mansion, just the "Pods" will be in the shape of a seashell. It will most likely be slow so we can take in all the details they are adding into the attraction. According to the concept art, it looks like the ride will be a tour through all the songs of the movie with many many Audio-Animatronics and effects

Hope that helps!!!

• Disney Trivia Queen

I have a feeling it will be similar to the Nemo ride in Disneyworld... but with Little Mermaid Characters

• Koubu Pilot

The Little Mermaid Ride Through from the DVD shows a digital mock up of the dark ride that was originally planned for Disneyland Paris. Search you tube and you'll probably find it. That may give you an idea of what kind of show scenes to expect, but keep in mind that ride through is from a Peter Pan like ride vehicle instead of the omnimover ride system. The version we're getting is supposed to be on the size and scale of Haunted Mansion. Seem like it's supposed to be a grade changing track like the Mansion instead of flat like Buzz. The environment should be "dry for wet".

• Seeker of Fun

Thumbs up Re: Little Mermaid Dark Ride

Thanks for all the info!!

• Infinitized!

Here's the ride through on Youtube from the DVD:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBUMRk-nkdA"]YouTube - The Little Mermaid - The Ride That Almost Was![/ame]

I see the conceptual design had an overhead track like Peter Pan. What did they decide on the final ride vehicle? Omnimover like Haunted Mansion? It would've been interesting if it was a boat/flume ride, or some sort of combination.

• Future theatre actress <3

Where the crypt doors creak and the tombstones quake

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    the little mermaid: Ariel's undersea adventure will use the exact same ride system as the haunted mansion, just the "pods" will be in the shape of a seashell. It will most likely be slow so we can take in all the details they are adding into the attraction. According to the concept art, it looks like the ride will be a tour through all the songs of the movie with many many audio-animatronics and effects

hope that helps!!!

wait!!!! So is it going to repeat songs!!!!! Because its bad enough they made the small world song repeat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Here's the ride through on Youtube from the DVD:
    YouTube - The Little Mermaid - The Ride That Almost Was!

I see the conceptual design had an overhead track like Peter Pan. What did they decide on the final ride vehicle? Omnimover like Haunted Mansion? It would've been interesting if it was a boat/flume ride, or some sort of combination.
    The concept art Disney released relating to attraction DCA is getting shows the omnimover themed as clam shells. The attraction is expected to see large crowds, so it's better to use a ride system that can handle the crowds.

• sleepy lagoon

OK, this might be weird, but I LOVE the Omnimover ride vehicles!! Can't wait for this ride...

Tucson, Arizona, but I wish I was in Philly, PA

wait till world of color comes out, that is when the new blue sky cellar will come out.

I will be at DisneyWorld on April 29, 2011-May 4, 2011. If You Are Going The Same Time Message Me

I'd actually never seen that video before...I really hope they don't shy away from making the Ursula scenes that creepy! I don't trust Disney after what they did to Alien Encounter, and recently did to the Mary Poppins musical (essentially neutering one creepy scene so that it is now completely pointless and boring).

• Minion

at the end of the you tube video i was getting scarred and saying "dont hit the one in front of us dont hit it dont hit that shell...it got pretty close!"

Looks cool but i wonder how they will make use feel under the ocean when psychologically we know we just entered a building for this ride.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyNEWdad View Post
    at the end of the you tube video i was getting scarred and saying "dont hit the one in front of us dont hit it dont hit that shell...it got pretty close!"

Looks cool but i wonder how they will make use feel under the ocean when psychologically we know we just entered a building for this ride.

lol....the same way they make us feel we're in a haunted mansion, or sailing the Caribbean, or adventuring with Indy. Disney is very good at it! Even us Disney nerds that have seen the big, boxy show buildings outside the berm get into the rides.

Lighting could do a lot, and I noticed you drop and there is a sound effect of a 'splash.'

I'm really, really looking forward to the new ride. My bff and I are both Mermaid fans, and we plan to be there opening day!
    "Once upon a time there was a Magic Kingdom
    made of hopes and childhood fantasies
    A timeless place where every land was filled with wonder
    A place where everyone who enters its gates will be given the gift of the
    Young at Heart"

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

My idea I don't think is even possible, technology or saftey or whatever. But I think a hybrid system would be cool.... a regular omnimover except during the Under the Sea part where it would go of the track and be like Peter Pan - where you "float" through the sea, making several turns to see the whole scene, then you go back down on the omnimovers for the rest of the ride.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast