Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• sleepy lagoon

Re: Fantasyland Attractions

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post

Lets just leave Great enough alone and instead focus our attentions on empty motorboat lagoons, empty peoplemover tracks, empty starcade floors, empty forts, empty sky-ways and empty restaurants
    Absolutely correct...

• aka the scorpion eater!

NOOO!!! Dont ever touch Pinnochio, Snow White, Peter Pan, Alice, or Toad.... those should be kept
    Add me... I dont bite LOL!
    http://tamasurvivor.tumblr.com/

http://www.youtube.com/tamasurvivor
    http://www.facebook.com/TAMAsurvivor

Commence Dragulation... Dragulation complete!!

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    While we're at it, lets replace the Country Bear Jamboree with something .....Winnie the Pooh perhaps.......

"They already did that" you want to tell me?

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it

Lets just leave Great enough alone and instead focus our attentions on empty motorboat lagoons, empty peoplemover tracks, empty starcade floors, empty forts, empty sky-ways and empty restaurants
    This is the "post of the month."

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_M View Post
    I'm not quite sure how you determined that Mr. Toad and Pinnochio are unpopular and have no lines. I've seen shorter lines on POTC (Granted it was during Fantasmic) and HM and those are definetly popular rides.

How about ripping our the Princess fair theatre instead and putting a couple rides in there. Better to add rides where none exist instead of replacing exiting ones simply for the sake of change.
    yes rip out princess fantasy fair.the whole rhing reeks of salt lick meet &greet to pimp princess toys im not surprised the didnt have mattel help sponser it..i understand the need for meet & greets for charecters but how much is to much? princess fantasy fair is to much.....you could put something in there fairly easy , and as another micechatter has posted, lets focus on the empty items first befor we go ripping anything else out fix whats broken fill whats empty and look at what dont work as a crowed pleaser and then fix that ...

• Im Monsters Incorporated!

priority number 1. tommorowland! fantasyland is fine as it is.. its timeless

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by hawk671 View Post
    I was thinking disneyland could use some new fantasyland attractions. Some attractions barely have any lines at all and have become unpopular. Some that could be possibly be removed and replaced are Pinnochio or Mr. Toads. My top ideas for a possible replacement is a beauty and the beast attraction. Guests would board vehicles and travel through the prologue scene, the town, the beast's castle, be our guest, gaston's tavern, the west wing and more. What do you guys think?? I will post a sketch of the facade soon.
    Ok, please don't take this the wrong way, but when have you gone to the park, and for lack of a better or kinder phrase, but what are you smokin?

I'm sorry but the Fantasyland rides are not having any trouble attracting guests and are all having significant lines and wait times. Especially Peter Pan's Flight. Everytime I've gone there are always lines on all the rides, and the shortest, if at all, is probably Casey Jr or the Carousel. I am not sure if you have read any of Al's recent articles or read a couple of threads regarding the crowd levels, or the increase in ticket prices, but Disneyland has experienced higher than normal crowd levels for the better part of this year. Mainly because a good chunk of those numbers are annual passholders, because of the implement of monthly payments on all annual passes. And we all know who makes up those annual passholders. Beloved Disney fans and enthusiasts, that love to go see attractions and shows, such as those cherished Fantasyland dark rides that have been around for so long. So changing any of those, or removing them, would most likely upset a lot of people. Not everyone likes change, or just don't like it when someone messes with a good thing. It's better to leave those rides the way they are.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AidensDaddy View Post
    Ok, please don't take this the wrong way, but when have you gone to the park, and for lack of a better or kinder phrase, but what are you smokin?

I'm sorry but the Fantasyland rides are not having any trouble attracting guests and are all having significant lines and wait times. Especially Peter Pan's Flight. Everytime I've gone there are always lines on all the rides, and the shortest, if at all, is probably Casey Jr or the Carousel. I am not sure if you have read any of Al's recent articles or read a couple of threads regarding the crowd levels, or the increase in ticket prices, but Disneyland has experienced higher than normal crowd levels for the better part of this year. Mainly because a good chunk of those numbers are annual passholders, because of the implement of monthly payments on all annual passes. And we all know who makes up those annual passholders. Beloved Disney fans and enthusiasts, that love to go see attractions and shows, such as those cherished Fantasyland dark rides that have been around for so long. So changing any of those, or removing them, would most likely upset a lot of people. Not everyone likes change, or just don't like it when someone messes with a good thing. It's better to leave those rides the way they are.
    Good post. I agree. All of the Fantasyland attractions have steady crowds all day long. Fantasyland attractions are awesome. None of them will ever go away. If Fantasyland ever added attractions, no old attarctions would be removed. The space where the Motorboats and SW plaza and Fantasyland Theater could be used for expansion.

• Senior Minion

I was thinking disneyland could use some new fantasyland attractions. Some attractions barely have any lines at all and have become unpopular. Some that could be possibly be removed and replaced are Pinnochio or Mr. Toads. My top ideas for a possible replacement is a beauty and the beast attraction. Guests would board vehicles and travel through the prologue scene, the town, the beast's castle, be our guest, gaston's tavern, the west wing and more. What do you guys think?? I will post a sketch of the facade soon.
    That sounds like a fun idea for a new Fantasyland ride! But I would not want to see any of the old Fantasyland rides removed.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Beauty and the beast ride should be made but not by tearing down any attractions already up maybe the restaurant next to pinocchio..or in DCA

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfito View Post
    Beauty and the beast ride should be made but not by tearing down any attractions already up maybe the restaurant next to pinocchio..or in DCA
    If they do the B&B tikiesque type attraction it could easily fit on the NW corner of the Circlevision/Buzz building.....
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Sha-lalalalala my oh my

No one better touch any of the current Fantasyland attractions. Park guests will never tire of them... it is timeless Disneyland....like Main Street. The current attractions(Snow White, Peter Pan, Pinochio, etc) should never be changed, just beautifully upkept. Now, this does not mean that they can not add things...but it must be done with careful planning so it seamlessly fits into Fantasyland like it has always been there.

I don't think that Fantasyland should be at the top of their agenda. Tomorrowland needs a comprehensive facelift, ToonTown and Critter Country also need a little TLC. I know most people won't agree with me, but I think that The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh in Critter Country is cute and they should continue with that idea. I would like to see an Hundred Acre Wood put into Critter Country...It would be similar to Pixie Hollow but with Pooh and Friends. Children would love it and it would detract some of the heavy traffic from Fantasyland into Critter Country. Not to mention is would be beautiful during Christmas time...

It is just a thought!
    Last edited by Lolo; 08-08-2009 at 02:52 PM.

Yaaay , my first post ever . ( Which is pretty weird seeinq as I've been followinq the board for a while now . )

Anyways ;;Removal of anythinq in Fantasyland , in my opinion , like others have stated , really wouldn't be a qood idea . It'd result in a lot of unhappy Disney fans who ( like me ) love everythinq about the classics . Additions & tweaks here in there CAN be made , but I still don't think the rides have ANY problem atractinq quests , not even for those who've probably riden the rides hundreds of times .

But , I do have to say that for a while now - Fantasyland (IMO) isn't what it CAN be . Yess , Tomorrowland is one of the lands that needs more attention towards it but I also think that Fantasyland shouldn't be overlooked either .

Althouqh FL has qreat & enjoyabele attractions , I've always felt it wasn't enouqh (for me at least) . Disneyland is obviously all about the maqic & fantasy (etc.) & to me , Fantasyland has always been a tad small ? I know this is probably just me but when I think Disney , I obviously think Magic, Fantasy, etc.I'd loveee to see more rides about the classics . Beauty & the Beast , Cinderella , Sleepinq Beauty , Aladdin , etc. Nevertheless , I love Fantasy land . I would despise any removal of anythinq , but additions would be qreat .
    Ok. I'm done ramblinq.[:
    Last edited by jessebby; 08-08-2009 at 03:31 PM.

• Storyteller

Some that could be possibly be removed and replaced are Pinnochio or Mr. Toads.

What?!

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Snow White is the worse ride in Fantasyland so atleast rebuilding that is a given.

WHAT!?!?!

• Kawasaki Kreep

Uh...NO FRIGGEN WAY! Lose that stupid theater and bbq!
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Jenny1987 View Post
    Oh dear sweet zombie jesus on a stick no.

• Future theatre actress <3

Where the crypt doors creak and the tombstones quake

i think they should do something about snow white and make it less creepy. nothing should be removed but Fantasyland needs more space.
    So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast