Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Fantasyland Attractions

Oh no way! Fantasyland rides are a huge part of what makes DL special. They are classic, and I wouldn't want a single thing changed.

Sure I'd love to see more dark rides (I think The Little Mermaid will be awesome over at DCA). But I don't want them to replace anything classic in the park!

For example I do like the Pooh ride, but it should have NEVER replaced the Country Bears. That place always had a packed house, there way no reason to take it away. That was also a true classic, now gone.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by evmo View Post
    Uh...NO FRIGGEN WAY! Lose that stupid theater and bbq!
    That's actually part of Frontierland.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    They could always add one where PFF is... there's plenty of room.
    If they're just going to use that amount of space for a merchandising ploy and not put a decent show there, then bulldoze that sucker and give us another dark ride.

Quote Originally Posted by PerformerInWaiting View Post
    i think they should do something about snow white and make it less creepy. nothing should be removed but Fantasyland needs more space.
    I'm all for giving Snow White a proper ending a little bit more than making it less creepy. It already got a little less creepy from what I've read in another thread... It's fine where it is now (minus the ending!)

Seeing as how WDW no longer has their Mr. Toad, tearing out ours would raise quite a stir among many, MANY people. Not a very good idea, if ya ask me.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    They could always add one where PFF is... there's plenty of room.
    And get rid of the most popular of the Fantasyland castle dark rides?!?!

Do you have any idea how many people that will piss off?!

Of all the dark rides in Fantasyland that is the longest line in that land, in that area at least, not counting the Matterhorn. (Cause Small World, also a dark ride, can get long at times, at least during xmas.)

During the day, that ride gets to about 30 minutes +!! And there's two ways to get on that ride when it's a short line:

1.) Head there first when the park first opens, without Magic Morning early entry, unless you have that.

2.) This one takes a little bit of timing, and a little sacrifice. On nights when the fireworks are scheduled, (whether they actually show or not, just as long as they're scheduled) the park closes all areas immediately around the castle. Which includes the drawbridge into the castle, the castle square where all the entrances are to the 4 dark rides there (Peter Pan, Snow White, Pinocchio, Mr. Toad, and King Arthur's Carousel - which are all closed until after the fireworks) as well as Alice In Wonderland, and the street between the Matterhorn and the castle. Now if you want to get on Peter Pan without waiting in a really long line, then here's what you do. You must get to this area by the entrance to the Mad Hatter shop just before they start to close off the castle square and those 4 dark rides. If you're in front of this hat shop, across from Monstro the whale in Storybookland, look up and you'll see a lamp post and you're in the right place. The railing sort of ends here, or curves towards Mr. Toads. Right at this very spot, where they will rope off the castle square from here all the way to the Carousel, is where they have the line form for Peter Pan's Flight. You must wait here to get on this ride AFTER the fireworks are over, and Disney has gotten the all clear to reopen the area. Usually around 10pm. They will keep the rope up, and let this line in FIRST to Peter Pan before completely opening this area. The cast members know about this line, they're the ones that set it up, and so do many seasoned or veteran guests who go there quite frequently. Others find out about it simply by going to the rope and asking. But believe me, the line is fully formed, and down by the teacups long before the fireworks end, or even start. If you get to that lamppost just before they rope the area off, you're at the head of the line and you'll be walked in first.

I mentioned some sacrifices. You may end up waiting here for about 30 to 45 minutes, maybe an hour depending on when you show up. Which means good ride time for other attractions. But the PFF is worth it. Nothing like feeling like you're flying amongst the stars above London and Never Land. Also, with the current Magical Fireworks, you can see Tinkerbell pretty well from this spot. You can also see Dumbo when he flies overhead. But....you'll be looking at his butt the entire time. For he does not turn around. Not a pleasant site. Been there, done that.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

AidensDaddy... PFF stands for Princess Fantasy Faire which isn't a dark ride.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    AidensDaddy... PFF stands for Princess Fantasy Faire which isn't a dark ride.
    LMAO! I'm an idiot!

I guess I mistakenly read it as PPF. Oops! My bad.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

^Bad time for that mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
    You touch Pinocchio and I break your legs!!

Have a nice day!!
    You take the legs, I'll take the arms.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PerformerInWaiting View Post
    i think they should do something about snow white and make it less creepy. nothing should be removed but Fantasyland needs more space.
    actually its just the right amount of creepy it wouldnt be called snow whites scary adventure if it wasnt....they could make it have a more spectacular ending..be cool if they could do the ol indiana jones boulder trick where you swerve right by the witch and hear her scream right befor she gets crushed...

• Fancy that...

I'm not a Disney purist type, but replacing any Fantasyland dark ride would be a terrible idea if you're just switching movie tie-ins to a more recent Disney film. Instead, what about they fix the problems with the existing attractions and find room for other dark rides elsewhere in fantasyland around the IASW mall, it's pretty barren out there.

• Minion

i understand the need for some new fantasy land blood. i think mickey need a fantasy land ride.. all he gets is a rubber stamped couple of carny rides 50 + years later? mickey is an i con and deserves more credit... how about a mickey and the beanstalk or brave little taylor ride..or a cool photo op with mickey donald and goofy as the musketeers?

• Member; Mousketeer

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    Instead, what about they fix the problems with the existing attractions and find room for other dark rides elsewhere in fantasyland around the IASW mall, it's pretty barren out there.
    I agree.

• Light up the HALO!

As an attraction gets older it gets harder to rip out. If you want a Beauty and the Beast dark ride, put it in the PFF. It could have a beautiful facade and a french resteraunt.
    As we say to the animals, that's the end of the lion.

RACE THROUGH THE UNIVERSE, CAREEN THROUGH THE STARS.

Space Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    i understand the need for some new fantasy land blood. i think mickey need a fantasy land ride.. all he gets is a rubber stamped couple of carny rides 50 + years later? mickey is an i con and deserves more credit... how about a mickey and the beanstalk or brave little taylor ride..or a cool photo op with mickey donald and goofy as the musketeers?
    I completely agree, that would make an awesome ride! We need more Mickey! But just somewhere other then where the orginal FL rides are. LOL

• Swish and Flicker

They should not remove any but they should add some.
    "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you." -Winnie the Pooh

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

The problem with Fantasyland is that there are no large problems in Fantasyland. Nothing will come or go for years aside from those items which require no removal or modification.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast