Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Fantasyland Attractions

They should definately add the Beauty and the Beast dark ride, i just think classic like this are automatics on the drawing board and we should finally get the greenlight for this. Maybe, in the PFF with a tie in tavern to the ride.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

If there was more space in the courtyard, I think that they should have given each princess a meeting location in front of their own respective attraction. Then, they could have expand the darkrides, adding the other princesses into new rides at PFF, to the left of the Circus train, and maybe near the Moterboat lagoon.

What the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks kind of crack rock are you people on here smoking?!?!

First it's "Get rid of Fantasmic!"

Then it's "Let's change the Tiki Room songs"

Now it's "Let's get rid of Mr. Toads"

?!?!?!?! What's going on here?! I can't think of any rides in Fantasyland that should go! Mr. Toad's always has a long line, so does Pinocchio. And while I don't usually ride Dumbo or Casey Jr., I know that my nieces and nephews LOVE those rides and usually ride them a few times a day when they're there.

I think either too many people go to the park and don't become a 6 year old kid again.. or they do become a 6 year old, but only for certain rides and attractions, so then they think that all the things they never ride ... are things that no one ever rides ... and Disney should get rid of them in lieu of something "better".

Yes.. Disneyland should be forever growing and changing... but slowly, over the years and decades. And things should never change just for the sake of change. Attractions should only ever be replaced either if they are constantly breaking down and just don't work ... or if something is old and outdated and very very few people ride it/attend the show/etc.
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by hawk671 View Post
    I was thinking disneyland could use some new fantasyland attractions. Some attractions barely have any lines at all and have become unpopular. Some that could be possibly be removed and replaced are Pinnochio or Mr. Toads. My top ideas for a possible replacement is a beauty and the beast attraction. Guests would board vehicles and travel through the prologue scene, the town, the beast's castle, be our guest, gaston's tavern, the west wing and more. What do you guys think?? I will post a sketch of the facade soon.
    And somehow a Beauty and the Beast ride will be more popular? I know at least one 11 year old boy (my son) that wouldn't go on a ride like that for a million dollars.

• De la Terre la Luke

I don't think ANY of the Fantasyland rides in DL should be replaced, they're all classics! When I went to DL in 2007 I was so looking forward to the Fantasyland attractions that we don't have at Disneyland Paris, Mr. Toad's and Alice were at the top of my list!

I'm all for additions to Disney parks, but too often classic attractions are ripped out and replaced with inferior examples of mass marketing.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by JamesDusenberry View Post
    What the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks kind of crack rock are you people on here smoking?!?!

First it's "Get rid of Fantasmic!"

Then it's "Let's change the Tiki Room songs"

Now it's "Let's get rid of Mr. Toads"

?!?!?!?! What's going on here?! I can't think of any rides in Fantasyland that should go! Mr. Toad's always has a long line, so does Pinocchio. And while I don't usually ride Dumbo or Casey Jr., I know that my nieces and nephews LOVE those rides and usually ride them a few times a day when they're there.

I think either too many people go to the park and don't become a 6 year old kid again.. or they do become a 6 year old, but only for certain rides and attractions, so then they think that all the things they never ride ... are things that no one ever rides ... and Disney should get rid of them in lieu of something "better".

Yes.. Disneyland should be forever growing and changing... but slowly, over the years and decades. And things should never change just for the sake of change. Attractions should only ever be replaced either if they are constantly breaking down and just don't work ... or if something is old and outdated and very very few people ride it/attend the show/etc.
    Disneyland is not about becoming a kid again. Disneyland is about escaping reality and entering a world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy. If that means becoming a kid again for yorself, that's fine. But for me I'd rather forget my childhood and just escape into a world of fantasy.

Sorry if that was depressing. But I just want to point out that to some people Disneyland is not just about becoming a kid again. For me it's simply about escaping the stress and reality of everyday life.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Disneyland is not about becoming a kid again. Disneyland is about escaping reality and entering a world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy. If that means becoming a kid again for yorself, that's fine. But for me I'd rather forget my childhood and just escape into a world of fantasy.

Sorry if that was depressing. But I just want to point out that to some people Disneyland is not just about becoming a kid again. For me it's simply about escaping the stress and reality of everyday life.
    yep..i agree..now that dont mean that things cant be fresh and vibrant and new..on occasion,we all have rides and shows we miss due to progress, (people movers, country bears)but not to say i havent done my share of complaining, but i really dont see it as disney kicking my childhood in the kidneys because certain things are gone or i think certain rides are beneath me, do i think certain rides are stupid you bet, do i think they should go? you bet..but that dont mean that they should so many people love them just as they are..and thats what its about.. to coin a phrase from star trek...the needs of the many out weigh the needs of a few...if you think mr toad isnt popular maybe you are hitting the line wrong(or right if you want to ride it real quick)ive always seen it long..and on those rare occasions it isnt i do not hesitate to ride the classic as a walk on. because useeualy when i got off the line is huge again

• Planning my next trip...

I would love it if Disneyland would make use of the area where the Fantasyland Skyway Station is sitting neglected. I know it's a small space, but seems like such a waste.

• Banned User

I agree that both PFF and the Skyway shack could be replaced in favor of more rides. PFF with the backstage area has ample enough room for a themed area + one or two dark rides and the Skyway shack could serve as the marquee for a large dark ride if you can utilize all the event space behind BTRBBQ.

• Disneyland History Lover

Quote Originally Posted by SpcMtn77 View Post
    I would love it if Disneyland would make use of the area where the Fantasyland Skyway Station is sitting neglected. I know it's a small space, but seems like such a waste.
    Yeah... that'd be a great place for SOMETHING. A dark ride even if there's enough room. I doubt it's large enough though. And as it stands the lower level under the hill is used by CMs. I'm not sure if it still is in use by them, but at least we know it was at one point. Anyone know if it's still being used?

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
    I agree that both PFF and the Skyway shack could be replaced in favor of more rides. PFF with the backstage area has ample enough room for a themed area + one or two dark rides ....
    That area has enough room for almost the whole castle, ALL the darkrides and the couryard. The old stage is in a big area.
    Last edited by Trevor; 08-11-2009 at 09:53 PM.

• Cherry Tart

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    Yeah... that'd be a great place for SOMETHING. A dark ride even if there's enough room. I doubt it's large enough though. And as it stands the lower level under the hill is used by CMs. I'm not sure if it still is in use by them, but at least we know it was at one point. Anyone know if it's still being used?
    The Skyway area is used as an additional break area once in a while for Fantasyland CMs. They have potlucks up there, during special events like the Matterhorn's birthday they'll have cake and ice cream, and during the holidays a whole snack buffet is sometimes laid out with a Christmas tree. =) It's nice for the cast members to be able to escape up there from time to time.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    i understand the need for some new fantasy land blood. i think mickey need a fantasy land ride.. all he gets is a rubber stamped couple of carny rides 50 + years later? mickey is an i con and deserves more credit... how about a mickey and the beanstalk or brave little taylor ride..or a cool photo op with mickey donald and goofy as the musketeers?
    Those are some excellent ideas.

I think one wish would be to make an E-ticket for Fantasyland. I keep daydreaming of a Sleeping Beauty rollercoaster where your car is Prince Philip and you're escaping Forbidden Mountain. It's difficult to give a visual because finding a drawing of Forbidden Mountain (which would be the name of the ride as well) in it's entirety isn't something I can find on the net.

The line would have you enter from the dungeon and wind its way around as you escaped the mountain and it's pitfalls to Aurora's castle. Once you get to the coaster cars you will be in a loading bay that is a room of the forest of thorns.

It's kinda like Space Mountain with a mist screen at the beginning like Davey Jones in POTC but with Maleficent popping in front of you saying "Now you will deal with me and all the forces of Hell!" (direct quote from the movie) and then as you go up the lift you see the metamorphosing/stretching scene (the scariest 4 seconds of animation I've ever seen).

Along the ride you feel "swipes", hear jaws snapping, and loop around the head with eyes aglow, at the last room/break room you see the dragon in full glory and a laser comes out of the car and "kills" the dragon.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• JMickey

Maybe Hawk671 is right maybe it is time for a change. Disney is known for discontinuing or adding rides. I love the Beauty and the Beast Idea. But then again I am a huge Beauty and the Beast fan. I can't wait to see the design.

But you know what would be cool is just to resurrect and make a new Disneyland Called Disneyland Classic where the Rides of yesterday return. Kinda like a final resting place. That's is a concept.

Either way Disney will change with time and Rides will come and go.

JMickey

• hunter of Hidden Mickeys

Its a shame the theater over by PFF isn't being used for its full potential - I loved the Pocahontas show they had playing there, along with another show I think was called AniMagic (can't remember the exact name of the show). The Snow White musical I believe was the last show that was held there (is it still playing?).
    I would love to see a dark ride for Beauty & The Beast, but not at the expense of ripping out classics like Mr. Toad and Peter Pan.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast