• Drunken Disneyland Master

Haunted Mansion Comic Book Series

I was wondering if anyone had any information about the Haunted Mansion Comic book that will be released this October? I understand it is a comic book related to the attraction, but is there anything else? Where can I buy it? Is it even Disney related?

The only information I've found is at the publisher's website http://www.slgpublishing.com/index2.html (Scroll down about 5 items). If anyone has any info, let me know.

Thank you.

• Banned User

Re: Haunted Mansion Comic Book Series

That link doesn't lead anywhere, there is no 5 times to scroll past. But I'm very interested and would love to know more!

There's an interview here.

http://www.newsarama.com/SLG/Disney/Vado_Disney.html

====
    from ICv2 news
    http://www.icv2.com/articles/home/6994.html

Haunted Mansion, which is due out in the fall, will be the first of the new SLG/Disney comics. The bi-monthly black-and-white comic anthology will feature stories about the various characters from the Haunted Mansion thrill rides at Disneyland and Disney World and will have a cover price of $2.95. A backstory that doesn't currently exist for the property will be will be developed as part of the creation of the comics.

All the SLG Disney titles will feature ISBNs and will be collected into graphic novel compilations. SLG has plans to sell both the comics and graphic novels at Disney parks and specialty retail chains as well as via the direct market, while making the graphic novel collections available to bookstores as well.

• Still lost in Neverland

I work at a comic book store on Wednesdays when the new shipments of comics come in to help them out. The first issue is due this month, the second issue is being solicited now for delivery in December 2005. Slave Labor Graphics is doing it and they plan 3 more comic titles based on attractions from Disney Theme Parks.

I know one will be based on Pirates (the ride, not the movie) but I can't remember what the other two will be. The HM comic will tell the story of each of the 999 ghosts that live in the Mansion.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

I know that SLG is going to publishing an "Alice" comic, but not a "dark Alice" comic as you'd expect. I'm pretty sure that it's a direct follow-up to Alice in Wonderland (or as I like to call it, Alice's Adventures Under Ground).

• The Unknown Princess

Dang I want them. Are they going to sell them nationally and I should be able to find them at any comic book store or will it be only in California?

Let me know please so I can figure out something if its not sold nation-wide.
    Always keep smiling because you never know who is falling in love with it.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Part of the Disney Ohana

--------------------------------------------------------

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy
    I work at a comic book store on Wednesdays when the new shipments of comics come in to help them out. The first issue is due this month, the second issue is being solicited now for delivery in December 2005. Slave Labor Graphics is doing it and they plan 3 more comic titles based on attractions from Disney Theme Parks.

I know one will be based on Pirates (the ride, not the movie) but I can't remember what the other two will be. The HM comic will tell the story of each of the 999 ghosts that live in the Mansion.
    If it's possible.. can you reserve a copy of the comic for me? I want to get it!

• Mousketeer

A buddy of mine is doing one of the stories for this. you can check out his art online at: http://dwf-art.com/

• Head Salesman

Ooo! There's a wicked wallpaper of the Hitchhiking Ghosts there!
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• Closet DLR fan

Any good comic store should be able to special order it for you, even if they aren't going to be carrying it on the racks. Just ask.

• Still lost in Neverland

Just to let you know, it came out today. I have posted 5 scans on another thread in the Disneyland Resort Thread and I thought I would bump this back up so those of you you might not see the new thread would get to see it through this original post.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples