Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• I'm a fiddle player......

Disneyland Survey (Merged)

Did anyone else get called today about a DLR survey? They asked me to come to the Resort and experince some attractions and take some pictures. They're also going to pay $75. What do you think they are trying to find out?
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 08-14-2009 at 11:50 AM.

• A Weather Eye Open

Re: Disneyland Survey

someone's paying you to go to disneyland? that's pretty cool.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

You got an unsolicited call from someone from the DLR asking you to come ride things and take pictures and that they'll pay you for it???

Hmm... that does sound pretty amazing... but that also sounds a little fishy to me. I've never heard of Disney doing anything like that. Maybe they do something similar with some people who go as like theme park testers or like a focus group to experience it, do certain things, and report back so Disney can know what to change and what not to... but you usually have to sign up for things like that.

Who did they say they were exactly? How did they get your name/number?

Sounds awesome if it's real, but it sounds too good to be true.
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

• Stop That!

Hmm, you didn't give them your social security number did you?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by napamaninsocal View Post
    Did anyone else get called today about a DLR survey? They asked me to come to the Resort and experince some attractions and take some pictures. They're also going to pay $75.
    Happens all the time. Tens of thousands of guests pack the Park every day... the email addresses of millions more are in Disney's databanks... but instead of using any of them for surveys, those generous Disney marketing folks insist on calling people at home and offering to pay more than the price of a Disneyland day ticket to take a survey. Yup.

What do you think they are trying to find out?
    I think this is another gullibility test.

The question is... who is being tested?

EDIT: I have a $5 bet with a couple of friends on what the content of the OP's followup posts will be. Pleeease don't make me a loser!

Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 08-08-2009 at 02:20 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Sorry forgot a tidbit of info, got an email on Aug. 4th about the survey and you follow the link and do a little survey. Asked what kind of pass I have, what attractions I wouldnt do, and what days would be the best for me. They had thur-monday until the end of september. Today I got called from someone from the DLR saying I was selected to do the survey and asked again if there was any attractions I wouldnt do. Some included hm, iasw, magaical, celebrate a street party, ect. They gave me a 515 time on Thursday the 13th. Here's the contents of the email:
    Dear Disneyland® Resort Annual Passholder,

As one of our most valued Guests, we would like to invite you to participate in a very exciting opportunity to help us better understand the experiences that Guests like you have at Disneyland® Park.

What: Disneyland® Park Visit Research

When: Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays between August 13th and September 7th

Where: Disneyland® Park

Why: $75 cash gift per visiting party (paid at the end of the day)

If you’re interested, click the link below to fill out a short form that includes your contact information and availability. We’ll try to accommodate as many of you as we can, but remember that space is limited!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    I have a $5 bet with a couple of friends on what the content of the OP's followup posts will be. Pleeease don't make me a loser!
    Rats! I lost this round.

Okay, Sean & Liz, I know you're lurking... $5 says there's no confirmation from an authoritative source (e.g. MiceChat staff) within 48 hours.

...Okay, 96 hours, it's a weekend.

(And let's make it $2, there's a recession on.)

- Neil Gabler

No one else got this email?

• Senior Minion

*sound of crickets*

- Neil Gabler

• Mortals pay a token fee.

No one else got this email?
    Were you in the park recently and gave your e-mail to a CM in a red shirt as you exited the park? If so, this would sounds reasonable. Heck, I've done it, and gotten a very nice reward before!

If all they're doing is confirming an appointment, and not asking for personal information, I don't understand how this could be fake, and would encourage it! Sounds like fun, and you're helping an organization you love improve

• Curiouser and Curiouser

I did get this email and filled out the survey. I was called at work yesterday and missed it. They left a message, but did not leave a call back number. I called back at the general number that was listed on my phone as the missed call and had the operator connect me to guest services. I left a message with my name, number, and email. I got another call this morning. I am scheduled on August 22nd at 10:30 am to pick up an itinerary at the guest tours kiosk and take pictures. Afterward, I get to do a survey and get paid 75 bucks.

They got my email address because I gave it to them when I did a survey as I was leaving the park. I've left them my email several times, but this is the first time I've been invited to participate in anything.
    ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦
    Yana
    ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦

• Im the fun mommy :)

a friend of mine also got this servy she will be doing it today. she did not fill anything out in the parks etc, she is an Ap and there doing just a few Aps here and there.
    -------------------------------------------
    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Wow... this sounds really neat! Hope you guys will let us know how it goes and what kind of research they are doing!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Thumbs up Re: Disneyland Survey

Quote Originally Posted by BoogaFrito View Post
    Hmm, you didn't give them your social security number did you?
    that was a very touching video!

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Yes, I got this email on Wednesday. I am currently blocked out as I have a So Cal Select Pass. I immediately followed the link and filled out the information. In that survey they say if you are blocked out on the day they give, they will let you in anyway. I have heard nothing back. Two of the questions were male or female and age bracket. I figured because I'm 60 years old they didn't want some old woman doing this, that I don't fit their demographic. But now that I hear some of you were called on Saturday, maybe there is still hope. I also noticed on the list of attractions they want you to check if you can't do them (by the way I checked that I could do them all) they list shows too - like Billy Hill , Celebrate, and Magical Fireworks.

I'm going out of town tomorrow for two days. Watch, with my luck they'll call. Hopefully if they do they will be OK with giving the information to my husband.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast