• Banned User

Thumbs up Filming @ Disneyland on Friday

I was at Disneyland friday, and they were doing some filming around the Hub, and Castle area. I asked a CM, she said it was for a bonus feature on the Rapunzel DVD. I went back later, they were filming guests, and I asked a lady that seemed to be in upper management, she said it was for "marketing research to see what they would like to see as the next Disney princess. Does anyone have any legit confirmation on this?

• Minion

Re: Filming @ Disneyland on Friday

vary cool. wish I was there. Sorry I don't have any info for you.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

This was on Miceage

Editor's Note 8/8: The Muppets will invade Disneyland next week! On Tuesday several days of filming will begin all over the park with many of your favorites for commercials and publicity packages for the 2010 marketing blitz. It's shaping up to be a rather clever campaign, and it at least should ease up a bit on the last few years of schmaltz. - Al Lutz
    You can never run out of imagination. The more you use, the more you gain.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    This was on Miceage

Editor's Note 8/8: The Muppets will invade Disneyland next week! On Tuesday several days of filming will begin all over the park with many of your favorites for commercials and publicity packages for the 2010 marketing blitz. It's shaping up to be a rather clever campaign, and it at least should ease up a bit on the last few years of schmaltz. - Al Lutz
    But that is this coming Tuesday....not this past friday...and everyone I talked to was relating the filming to princess. There was no mention of muppets.

• I'm not really here

Marketing research seems incredibly unlikely. You don't pay a professional camera crew to come in and set up all their lights and their equipment and everything for marketing research.

Rapunzel DVD seems like a possibility, but a stretch. I can't think of what they could possibly be doing for it if very few people have seen it, and certainly not your average guests. So unless these were people associated with the film, this is probably out also.

Disney is in the business of disinformation fairly often.

It could be the Muppet thing and they just started filming early? No idea really. We will have to wait and see.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Last week when we were at the park, I want to say Monday...they were filming something at the Haunted Mansion, but I dont know what it was for.

• Not a Minion

Considering that the camera's are set up in front of the castle and filming in the hub, I want to guess that they are either filming something for a podcast or they're preparing for a video they may want to make for the 55th. I think my second guess would be a good possibility because of the time it takes for post production and what not, plus with the combination of halloween and christmas decor around the park, this is probably the best time to prep something for the 55th anniversary if they wanted to.

Of course, something as simple as a Rapunzel DVD would make sense, though I dont know why they would be doing those at Disneyland...

• AKA: Indyiluvu

Quote Originally Posted by oohykitten View Post
    Last week when we were at the park, I want to say Monday...they were filming something at the Haunted Mansion, but I dont know what it was for.
    Was it this shoot for the 40th anniversary?

Mintcrocodile posted several pics

Magic Eye
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by MainSreetJake View Post
    I was at Disneyland friday, and they were doing some filming around the Hub, and Castle area. I asked a CM, she said it was for a bonus feature on the Rapunzel DVD.

If I had to guess - the top two photos w/ the guys in chairs being filmed do resemble 'Rapunzel' co-directors Nathan Greno in grey & Byron Howard in the green shirt from the back...
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Shubisha

Rapunzal has been announced for a long while now, along with King of the Elves, both are to follow the Frog Princess