Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Gateway Fantasmic!

Idea for Paradise Pier.

I was thinking earlier today about the new PP. And it seems that even with the new makeover it still lacks a real theme. So that got me thinking that what if PP became a Victorian-esque Toontown? You could add homes all around the bay and you could add a building in the current location of the Maliboomer. Most of the rides there are already themed like a carton. The others could be easily changed. This also means that the TT in DL should be demolished and leave some room for a Fantasyland expansion. Beauty and the Beast dark ride?
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
    (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

Re: Idea for Paradise Pier.

I'd rather it become a victorian style boardwalk rather than a Toontown...

^ Agreed, paradise pier is confused enough.

The biggest problem I see with the Paradise Pier theme is the lack of an actual pier! I like the 'beachy' feel, but the powers that be should call it Paradise Boardwalk or something.

Sorry, no disrespect but what is up with all the bad ideas! I really enjoy this site and all the info and trip reports, but lets leave the Imagineering to the Imagineers. Lol. All the ideas I see are people involving demolishing and getting rid of something, I know they are just ideas but wheres the value and appriciation of Disneyland and the attractions.

• =)

Yeah...why should Disney fans have any ideas of their own?! Come on! And why replace a poor attraction or land when you could just build a new one on property that Disney doesn't own?

Sorry, Mr. Sullivan, but needlessly pooh-poohing on others' interests and ideas with blanket statements like that won't get you far here. Consider this a friendlier word of caution than you might get from other members. And if you don't like armchair Imagineering, this may be the wrong site for your tastes.

As to your original idea, dogtherock, I think it'd work perfectly...if not for the overarching California theme of the park. It's a more solid concept than the real Paradise Pier, with more opportunities for truly immersive environments and far zanier attractions, but it just wouldn't fit the California theme the way it ought to, IMO.

• Banned User

Wait, is this a joke?

Wink Re: Idea for Paradise Pier.

Apparently someone took what i said wrong. dont mind the idea of making PP into a toonier theme which would go with the the silly symphony swings and fun wheel, the houses are a bad idea, but demoing Toontown is not a good idea. Im not a person who likes change, and most Disney fans arent either. I think stuff is getting built with a little less care and detail as they were before so yes PP needs a new look. Having ideas about how to “plus" attractions and ideas for new attractions is great, There are areas to add attractions without demoing classics, PFF is a perfect spot for an attraction, and if they dont have space or property then how do you explain them poping up with a whole new land in DCA? All im seeing is people talking about getting rid of classic attractions for newer things. Lets not make the same mistake as taking out Country Bear for Winnie the Pooh. So while we are misunderstanding eachother Datameister, lets talk about demoing the castle and put a Princess and the Frog themed attraction.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JamesP.Sullivan86 View Post
    Apparently someone took what i said wrong. dont mind the idea of making PP into a toonier theme which would go with the the silly symphony swings and fun wheel, the houses are a bad idea, but demoing Toontown is not a good idea. Im not a person who likes change, and most Disney fans arent either. I think stuff is getting built with a little less care and detail as they were before so yes PP needs a new look. Having ideas about how to “plus" attractions and ideas for new attractions is great, There are areas to add attractions without demoing classics, PFF is a perfect spot for an attraction, and if they dont have space or property then how do you explain them poping up with a whole new land in DCA? All im seeing is people talking about getting rid of classic attractions for newer things. Lets not make the same mistake as taking out Country Bear for Winnie the Pooh. So while we are misunderstanding eachother Datameister, lets talk about demoing the castle and put a Princess and the Frog themed attraction.
    Whats up with hating on all the personal ideas that people are coming up with in a thread open to this type of discusion? You may have to get some reputation going before slamming ideas left, right and center.

You dont need reputation to know what sounds good and what doesnt. Ive been going to Disneyland since I was 2 and I know what would work and what wouldnt. Getting rid of classic attractions for something new would piss alot of Disney fans off, if you people who are voicing your ideas were Imagineers nobody would recognize the Disneyland they went to as kids. I know its just ideas, but good ones? No. Choose your words better; hating? I would have to be jealous and your ideas would have to mean something for me to be hating. Stop writing terrible ideas and ill stop critisizing them, the Simon Cowell of Disney is here now, DEAL WIT IT!!! HaHa.

• hi!

if you say that people voicing their opinions should be left to Imagineers, then what do you think you're doing? going by your own advice, seems like you need to leave your opinions to the Imagineers too.
    -plagued

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JamesP.Sullivan86 View Post
    You dont need reputation to know what sounds good and what doesnt. Ive been going to Disneyland since I was 2 and I know what would work and what wouldnt. Getting rid of classic attractions for something new would piss alot of Disney fans off, if you people who are voicing your ideas were Imagineers nobody would recognize the Disneyland they went to as kids. I know its just ideas, but good ones? No. Choose your words better; hating? I would have to be jealous and your ideas would have to mean something for me to be hating. Stop writing terrible ideas and ill stop critisizing them, the Simon Cowell of Disney is here now, DEAL WIT IT!!! HaHa.
    Simon Cowel makes good money though...

And I havent actually suggested removing anything. The ideas in this thread are only either commenting on things Imagineers are rumored to be planning, or in the case of removing TT, something that the comunity has been wondering for a while.

HaHa, everybody needs to calm the [removed]down. Suddenly the thread has become about me, you guys are crazy. Stay on your topic and stop voicing terrible ideas, if you cant take criticizm then you shouldnt voice your opinion. I didnt say people shouldnt voice theyre opinions, i guess most of you dont have the sentimental value of the parks. All about $ huh? All im sayin is that people who think we should demolish classic attractions have terrible ideas. And where the [removed] did you come from Plagued? Out of nowhere, damn. HaHa. Calmate people, its not that serious.
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 08-13-2009 at 10:37 AM. Reason: please don't try to go around the word filter

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

"stop voicing terrible ideas"
    "I didnt say people shouldnt voice theyre opinions"
    Lol

Again, no one wants to remove anything, we promise.

• hi!

"stop voicing terrible ideas"
    "I didnt say people shouldnt voice theyre opinions"

QFT?
    -plagued

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast