Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Pirate Girl

Space Mountain TV Commercial

Ahoy all,

Now please don't get me wrong. I do LOVE Space Mountain. I think it's even better than before. Here in SoCal they have begun to run a new television commercial touting the new Space Mountain. I laughed when I saw it! They show so much stuff that is not even on the ride. I didn't even know for what the commercial was until the end. They make it seem like you go through all kinds of other worldly landscapes with fire and more.

I was just wondering what you all thought of it. Have you seen it?

Aprille :-)

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Re: Space Mountain TV Commercial

I saw it and liked it! I liked the music they used and visually it was fun to watch. I mean if they showed the inside of the actual ride all it's look like is a dark room!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

sunnyg and I were laughing when we saw it too, but only because it's nothing like the ride itself, but overall I liked it. I'm sure it will draw some people in, only to get complaints at City Hall about why it's not like it was on tv.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Minion

False advertisement sucks...but Disney has done it before...

Remember the fantasmic commercial with the REAL looking dragon? Go to Disneyland and it's shredded cloth... WTF?

• My Children's Father

Is it the one with a new mission ..... find the edge of the universe? If so, its also on the "Official" DL website as well ..... it breaks in like the BPB ad ....
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Who's your DaddyB?

I mentioned this in one of my recent photo updates... You can download and watch the video from a link in this update. The link is right after the Space Mountain/Honda Car display pictures, and right above the picture of the ticket prices board.

I said at the time that it wouldn't surprise me to find out that Disney gets sued over the false advertising in this ad. I was told that this ad DOES use parts of ads for Mission: Space and the Paris Disneyland Space Mountain (or whatever it's called).
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• Yay, Blunt Force Trauma!!

I saw that clip on the Disneyland website and laughed out loud.... most of the footage is from Mission: SPACE in Epcot.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

I agree it is misleading, however that isn't false advertisement. The text is "Transmitting... Your new mission... Hold on... Breathe deep... Find the edge of the universe No limits It's back Space Mountain Disneyland Resort" There is no false claim made. Not once do they reference that what you are watching is Space Mountain nor does the text make any statement that this is the experience. From an advertising stand point it worked. You are now talking about the Space Mountain commercial.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• UH..LIKE DUH..

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ
    I agree it is misleading, however that isn't false advertisement. The text is "Transmitting... Your new mission... Hold on... Breathe deep... Find the edge of the universe No limits It's back Space Mountain Disneyland Resort" There is no false claim made. Not once do they reference that what you are watching is Space Mountain nor does the text make any statement that this is the experience. From an advertising stand point it worked. You are now talking about the Space Mountain commercial.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE. "False and misleading" is what false advertising is. Why do you think they spent all of that money on CG effects and didn't film the interior of the real ride? Because if they showed real footage no one would think it was any different and stay home. First off, I bet most people don't know Space Mountain ever left! I bet the average person is shocked to see the big, "It's back" campaign AT ALL. They are totally misleading the audience into thinking that you'll see all of that on the ride and that those effects exist in some way. They show vehicles running through it. If they cared about being honest, they would have made it more obvious, like a cartoon. I was so offended by that (although it is well done) and since Universal is the biggest offender (Mummy for one), thought that the Mouse has really sunk their ethics.

I say class action suit, free passes for mice chatters!

• Inappropriate

Misleading it maybe, but like DLandFansAZ said, it is not false advertising. That's the beauty of marketing. Take toothpaste for example. How many brands are "#1 Dentist Recommended?" Like 5 or something! They never said that the footage in the commercial was from the ride, though they make it out to be. See where this is going? Someone sees the commercial, goes on the ride, (the commercial worked) realizes the ride is nothing like the commercial, they complain at city hall, and city hall has all reason to say "We never said that footage was from the ride." But the commercial worked, because we are here talking about it.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Now, if they could have only made space mountains ride queue video as good as that commercial. I can't figure out why they didn't spend more time developing a story in the ride queue. They certainly need to put some time into paint and repair in the Space Mountain Ride Queue. It's looking pretty trashed.

• ...TWO BITS!

I think the commerical is misleading. The clips are a combination of Mission:SPACE in EPCOT and perhaps video for the space mountain in Disneyland Paris. Plus Disneyland's version is complete darkness with spinning stars and a dimmly lit asteriod. The commerical makes the ride more colorful than it is. Although, at the same time it's not completely false advertisement, I guess, if you think about it...

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• white and nerdy

yeah... it looks like you have an over-the-shoulder harness, among other things....

but it aint false advertising... How many people thought you stood up in Tower of Terror because the add shows people standing in the elevator? Disneyland commercials show the "idea" behind the ride, not the ride itself.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Rainicorn.

It's sooo comical. I love the commercial.

Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• UH..LIKE DUH..

The Ad Industry defines good advertising, not as how can you trick someone into buying something, but as "truth well told". The SM ad is very entertaining, but when your expectations aren't met you feel ripped off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast