Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Laughing Place Finder

Rides after park closing? What time do rides shut-down?

I'll admit that taking my family to Disneyland means we get there EARLY and I haven't stayed for park closing in YEARS. Having kids means you quickly lose your enthusiasm for lining up for Big Thunder or Matterhorn at midnight. LOL

That being said, can anybody here share info or experiences on what time ride lines at Disneyland shut down?

Does everything shut down at park closing or do some ride lines stay open for a little while after park closing?

If some rides stay open after park closing, what rides stay open the latest?

If some or most rides and shops stay open after park closing is there any good explanation on what park closing means? Does it just mean that people stop being allowed entrance to the park?

Thanks in advance!
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

Re: Rides after park closing? What time do rides shut-down?

Lines close at park closing.

• Banned User

The line closes at midnight, and they put everyone through the attraction that came on before that time. So if at that time the line was 20, the whole ride will officially close at 12:20. They all should have the same closing time, the only attraction that I know that close early are Tom Sawyer island, the river boats, and Toon Town. Some other rides close temporarily for the night shows.

I think they usually hook off the entrance of the lines at the closing time but allow you to go on the ride if you entered it at 11:59PM. From the end of the 2nd showing of Fantasmic you should be able to do 4-5 rides. Splash Mountain, Pirates, HM, and Space Mountain. The 5th is usually a re-ride of Splash or Buzz lightyear.

This is from my experience but I don't know the official stand of Disney.

My experience is that they do send out new cars starting at closer. I was on splash mountain at 1145 and got to ride it 3 times because they let us just stay on. But when we got back at 12:02 they kicked us out. I always wonder how space mountain works at closer. Do you stop allowing you to line up at midnight? Can you ride even after midngiht if you got in line before midnight? Or, my theory, do they close the ride X minutes that the line length is before closer?

Also, usually main street shops are open up to 1 hour after closer. It's the the Magical Morni... Please buy something evening

• Not a Minion

From experience, they tend to close off the line as everyone had said, at midnight, or whatever time the park closes. if you are in line at park closing, they will run through the entire line. I did this once when nemo first opened and got out of the park at around 1ish. It was really intense because by then I was really tired, but to see the park empty like that was awesome, however you can't really explore after as they have CMs in place to guide you to the exits.

Just as everyone said we close the lines at midnight and if your in line your fine. A CM will walk the back of the line in just to make sure no one jumps the chain after midnight.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

• Minion

From what i have heard as long as you enter the line before midnight you get to ride. So if nobody is inline at one minute to midnight the ride closes down, im pretty sure.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

• Laughing Place Finder

Thanks everybody. I was curious how that worked and am kind of surprised that I'd forgotten what closing time was like at Disneyland.
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

• Cherry Tart

Also when the line is closed, don't expect to be let in any time after that. Often times I've seen families run up to a line and beg with the cast member to be let in, arguing "Oh it's only 1 minute past midnight, can't you make an exception?"

The answer will most likely be no. Once the line is closed, it's closed. End of story.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

As stated before, the lines close at park closing. Anyone in line by closing will be allowed to ride. The rides open until the last person gets off the ride then it "shuts down" for the night. It depends on how long the line is to take the ride to close.

• Laughing Place Finder

Anybody here been brave enough to go to the Finding Nemo Subs line right before park closing?

I'm imagining the pain of my feet and knees after a whole day at the park and have a hard time believing I'd have the energy to handle 45-75 minutes of standing in line. On the other hand if other people feel this way too maybe it would be possible to get on this ride at closing time with less of a wait than normal.

Any Disneyland pros out there have an opinion on this? I'm still going to try my best to get the subs during hotel guest early opening but it would be nice to know this could be a fall-back plan.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

On Sunday, the Subs were a walk - on!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mickey View Post
    Any Disneyland pros out there have an opinion on this? I'm still going to try my best to get the subs during hotel guest early opening but it would be nice to know this could be a fall-back plan.
    Just my opinion, but if you spend ore than 15 minutes in line for that attraction (Nemo), you're wasting time.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mickey View Post
    Anybody here been brave enough to go to the Finding Nemo Subs line right before park closing?
    sombody didn't read my post above .
    I did nemo at closing when it first opened in 2007. If I remember correctly, the wait was about an hour long. I didn't mind it too much as I could still squat or sit on railings. I know, ishouldnt sit on railings, but oh well.

Anyways, it was more of the drive home that's more intense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast