Does Disney Own the Honda Center and/or Angels park?

So I am dreaming of more disney parks in southern california. And when I look on google map it doens't look promising. I heard they own the parking lot and starbarry field accross the street but that is so little land. They need a lot of land to do more hotels, parks, and entertainment areas. So I was wondering if they wont the baseball park and hockey areana. I was thinking if sometime in the future they could move the baseball field to right next to the honda center and build huge parking garages. Then they could use the baseball park for more land and have a sporting area. I know this would cost WAY too much and might only happen if the stadium ever needs a major update, whcih it doesn't at this point. Any other land available?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Does Disney Own the Honda Center and/or Angels park?

To answer your question no Disney does not own either. The city of Anaheim owns Angel Stadium. I'm not sure who owns Honda Center but it isn't Disney.

Even if Disney did have the power to do this, I wouldn't go for it. There is potential for a football stadium there to lure another NFL team to the LA area. It's a real crap shoot as to whether or not this will happen, but as long as the possibility is there this should remain an option for that purpose.

• stays crunchy in malk

The city of Anaheim also owns the Honda Center.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    There is potential for a football stadium there to lure another NFL team to the LA area. It's a real crap shoot as to whether or not this will happen, but as long as the possibility is there this should remain an option for that purpose.
    I thought that they were already building that mega stadium in Walnut for the (potentially) Rams? Since the NFL is not allowing expansion teams for the forseeable future I don't think that it would be necessary to have a second football stadium in the region.

It just seems like there is a lot of land their that is being used for parking. If a massive massive (cost wise probably isn't possible) parking lot was built I can see them having a lot of extra land for a 3rd park. I really want to see a 3rd park.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Look, Angel Stadium and the Honda center are not going anywhere, both are very popular, and make a profit with all the different types of events they host (not just Angel and Ducks games).

Now, the City of Anaheim is building the new ARTIC Regional High Speed Train station right in-between the two facilities, and will have some sort of Public Transportation to the Disneyland/Anaheim Resort Area.

Could they use the parking lots when not in use by the two facilities, maybe, but then you have to have a system designed to take on additional passengers per hour easily and quickly between ARTIC and the Resort Area.

But in reality, Disney has been on the lookout for a "cheap" piece of property on the east side of I-5, but still near the park for a new CM parking lot/structure.

That is one of the keys to get the cars out of the Katella CM parking lot, which is the most likely location for a third park.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Disneyland CM

If they can find a decent location to relocate the cast parking lot. Then with the K Lot and the strawberry fields there is plenty of land for a 3rd park. I am pretty sure its even more acres then California Adventure.