Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Red Face hurray for winnie the pooh!!!!!

Okay, I have thought about this for good long while...probably longer than I should of but now i can not help but share my thoughts.

I have seen many a thread complaing about the many adventures of winnie the pooh attraction. and i cant help but think why?

Once I read was because of the lack of story, there is too many story lines strung together...the ride is called the many adventures of winnie the pooh. They took the most memorable shorts from the cartoons/books and strung them together seemless with music.

Next I have read because of the colors and lighting. The ride is just following the rest of the fantasy ride by being a dark ride. And the 100 acre woods were a bright and colorful place.

I think Winnie the Pooh has a certain charm to it that makes me want to stand up for it. This childrens tale has lasted over the years and still is amung the top of them. I was thrilled to see it made and would be very disapointed to see it go.

With that all said, it is only my opinion. I really do love reading what everyone elses opinion and do take it in consideration..so is anyone with me or does anyone have any other thoughts?

Re: hurray for winnie the pooh!!!!!

What makes Pooh disappointing is that the Tokyo DL version is 100 times more amazing than the watered down version we got here.

If you don't compare it to the Tokyo DL version, it's just an average dark ride... It's not great or horrible.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

It's 'cute' and my son absolutely loves it. But it is disappointing in that so little effort was made to make it special, as we all know Disney CAN do. It's mostly plywood cutouts with fluorescent paint and blacklights. It's ultra-cheap and unimaginative. We do expect more from a company that can make an attraction like HM or PTOC. The fact that they just didn't try is disappointing.

• Banned User

I appreciate it for what it is - filler. When we walk over to Splash Mountain and the line is too long, there's always walk on Pooh!

I know it can't hold a candle to the one in DTS, as I'm sure many will state in this thread, but on its own, I think it's a nice dark ride that's on par with the rest of the dark rides in the park.

• We Go On.

^Exactly! Ever want to cool off or kill time, Pooh is the way to go.

I like this ride too I jump on it most chances I get.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

The problem with Winnie the Pooh at Disneyland isn't that we didn't get the Tokyo version, it is that we got a watered down version of the already watered down Orlando version!

The ride is disjointed, short, poorly constructed, and has no soul. For goodness sake, they make the vehicle start doing the floody place dance as soon as you enter and it just keeps moving until the end. They cut the wonderful Tigger effects that they use in Florida.

And don't even get me started on why we didn't get the Tokyo version (we should have!). If only Cynthia Harris had a spine and Marty Sklar had stood up for the right option we would have had Tokyo's Pooh.

Now we are stuck with a baby dark ride in the wrong part of the park which can't pull in enough guests to make it a worthy replacement of it's predecessor.

No doubt that some folks and very young kids may enjoy it, but for the most part it is just a big embarrassment that the park is stuck with for a while. I just hope that future expansion plans for the park result in the ride being torn out in favor of a pathway to new lands beyond the berm and behind the river.

We can dream, can't we???
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

For me, I am indifferent, totally. I don't care about the Pooh characters, the ride does nothing impressive, technologically, nothing inside it really interests me. Snow White interests me with the morbid/spookhouse vibe, Toad interests me with the weird humor, and I always loved the Alice in Wonderland movie. Lack of interest at all in the characters and the ride not being impressive technically/effectswise kills it for me.

• Off to Neverland

I love the pooh ride!!!

• Future Imagineer! =D

I love the ride! It's so cute. I have grown up watching Winnie the Pooh and adore it. I have never understood the ride though, but now that you mention it's called The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh I totally get it now!
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Future Imagineer! =D

However, I do tihnk our Winnie the Pooh ride sucks compared to Tokyo's
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• HM Enthusiast

I think it's a cute ride and I'll usually go on it once when I'm at the parks, but I really think we should've gotten Tokyo's version. Just from watching videos on Youtube I can tell that it's incredible.
    We've been...dying...to have you.

• Hooterville, USA

Pooh is what it is. I enjoy riding it and let others worry about it's location, theming, and so on.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Code90 View Post
    What makes Pooh disappointing is that the Tokyo DL version is 100 times more amazing than the watered down version we got here.

If you don't compare it to the Tokyo DL version, it's just an average dark ride... It's not great or horrible.
    I'm just tired of the whole "It's better in Tokyo" reasoning. I am greatful for whatever we get and so should everyone else.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    I'm just tired of the whole "It's better in Tokyo" reasoning. I am greatful for whatever we get and so should everyone else.
    I don't think the popular argument of "we should all be grateful for whatever we get from Disney" is valid. Disney established world-class standards of theme park entertainment, and its customers and fans have every right to complain when its standards drop, which they have in many areas in the last 15 years.

And meaning no disrespect to your opinion, I don't think it's reasonable to think "everyone else" should have the same opinions -- or feelings -- as you do. I certainly wouldn't want to live in a world populated only by Kritter thinkalikes... or Wiggins thinkalikes!

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast