Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Disneyland 2010 Spring College Program

Quote Originally Posted by Classic L View Post
    Hey everyone! I'm new the boards here and I am also planning on applying to the college program this spring. I applied for the fall 2009 but i wasnt accepted. =[ the good part is i've already done all the research on the college program and went through the interview process. So i'm willing to help answer questions if anyone has any. Good luck to everyone! I hope we all make it!
    Well welcome to the boards I think that the only part of the application process that I am worrying about is the interview... I can't see how a phone interview can really do a person justice, but I was wondering if you could share a bit of your experience with it for us?
    Disneyland DCP Spring 2010 - ACCEPTED FOR ATTRACTIONS!
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney
    "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

I wasnt accepted becasue i attended the campus seminar really late. I wouldnt say thats my fault, because the college program are the ones who make the dates for the campus seminars. I also wasnt accepted becasue there werent many spots open for my top three choices. During the interview process they ask you what your top three jobs would be, and if theyre popular then its harder to get in. If i would have picked custodial i probably would have been accepted and there now.

id say just do the online presentation and apply as soon as possible. Although I am considering orlando instead of anihem. *shrug* i'll figure it out.

the phone interview made me sooo super crazy nervous because I didnt even know what to expect. The people who interview you are really nice though. They ask you a few questions about your apperence (ie: tattoos and piercings) and they they also ask you about your previous job history. When they get down to business they ask you your top three jobs, and then they throw questions at you on if you were (for example) a character attendent and a child was pulling on tiggers tail, how would handle the situation? thats mainly it.

id say pointers are try to google some questions they usually ask and have some answers written down and ready. its also good if your quick on your feet. and talk with a smile. It reallllly helps, even if it sounds crazy.

• DL Obsessed

I think that if you havent doing the college program you can still do the professional program, its just preferred that you do the college program. Thats my 2nd option if i dont have time to do the college program during college.

• DL Obsessed

Does anyone know the dates that the summer college program runs? Like start to finish?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukey114 View Post
    Does anyone know the dates that the summer college program runs? Like start to finish?
    From what I know there is no summer program... its just fall or spring... Spring is from January till August I believe and I am not too sure on the fall schedual... Once again I'm not 100% positive, but I hope it helps
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney
    "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Classic L View Post
    the phone interview made me sooo super crazy nervous because I didnt even know what to expect. The people who interview you are really nice though. They ask you a few questions about your apperence (ie: tattoos and piercings) and they they also ask you about your previous job history. When they get down to business they ask you your top three jobs, and then they throw questions at you on if you were (for example) a character attendent and a child was pulling on tiggers tail, how would handle the situation? thats mainly it.

id say pointers are try to google some questions they usually ask and have some answers written down and ready. its also good if your quick on your feet. and talk with a smile. It reallllly helps, even if it sounds crazy.
    Thank you so much for the pointers... I don't normally have a problem with smiling, but sometimes I get so excited I tend to forget to breath... Would probably be a good thing to do though lol. Its good to hear that the people are super nice though, because I think that makes it a lot easier. I wish you all the luck this time around though

the dates usually run spring which is from Jan. to may then spring advantage which is from Jan to aug. (or july i cant really remember)

fall is from aug. to jan and i believe fall advantage is from aug to may. (or march it started with an m)

im pretty sure its all in the faq on the website.

I want to enroll into the fall program too... !

the only thing that make me nervous is the phone call... How long is the phone interview??

Quote Originally Posted by Markusbalcoin View Post

the only thing that make me nervous is the phone call... How long is the phone interview??
    From what I have read (I have yet to interview) from the various blogs and such that I have read the interview is about 10-15 minutes long. However I bet that it really depends on how much you talk to the person and the type of conversation you have with them. But from what I can tell its normally about 10-15 minutes.

• Characters are my friends

Quote Originally Posted by disneyismylife87 View Post
    wait...sorry if this is off topic, but what's the professional program? i just graduated and unfortunately i was unable to do the college program
    Unfortunately you need to be in school to do the Professional Internships.

I think that if you havent doing the college program you can still do the professional program, its just preferred that you do the college program. Thats my 2nd option if i dont have time to do the college program during college.
    But you still need to be in school to do the PIs though.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL DreamJan 20-24, 2014: DCL MagicFeb 17/18, 2015 AS Music

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime

• DL Obsessed

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    But you still need to be in school to do the PIs though.
    That doesn't really make sense though. Do you need to be getting your masters to do the PI? Or do you just need to complete the regular one?

You dont have to do the fall advantage do you? Because August to Jan would be perfect if i can be done before the winter term of school starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Markusbalcoin View Post

when you start the interview they tell you about 10 to 15 mins. mine lasted more toward 20 because sometimes i cant shut up. but i know someone who was only on the phone for maybe 10-12 mins.

the phone interview really isnt that bad. its nerve racking waiting for the call, but once your doing it, its fine.

• Characters are my friends

That doesn't really make sense though. Do you need to be getting your masters to do the PI? Or do you just need to complete the regular one?

You dont have to do the fall advantage do you? Because August to Jan would be perfect if i can be done before the winter term of school starts.
    Both. All the PIs require being in school to do, and many of them require having done the CP first.

Nope, Fall is fine. In fact, for those who want to go right from the CP into the PI, you would have to do Fall (or Spring). You can't be on any of the internship programs for more then 1 year (and going from Advantage into a PI would do that).
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL DreamJan 20-24, 2014: DCL MagicFeb 17/18, 2015 AS Music

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime

So I just wanted to post an update... The E-presentation has been online for a week now... I did the web interview and application on Friday, but missed the hours to call in to schedual a phone interview by an hour, so I just called about an hour ago and got a time for tomorrow night The web interview is not too bad, but there are some parts that are timed and you cannot go back and change your answers. It really is not too big of a deal, but there are definatly some questions that are just re worded haha. If any one has any questions about any of the application process please feel free to ask either on here or PM me and I would be happy to help. O and just a side note... About anything that could go wrong about schedualing the phone interview basically went wrong for me haha, so don't worry I'm every one elses will be simple, just stay calm if anything does happen.

Sorry this was so long, but good luck to every one who is doing the e-presentation or going to the school visits

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast