Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Disneyland or Disney World?

Hmm... i am wondering how 2010 will look at DCA.

Silly Symphony Swings will be open. World of Color will be open. Little Mermaid still under construction. The main entrance will be under construction beginning when?

What's new in Walt Disney World? nothing. But since you haven't been there in awhile, everything is new to you so there's something about that. But there's also something about Disneyland too.

If you take your kids to Disneyland first, they will have a great time. Then when you go to WDW, they'll see the bigger castle and the more parks.. it will be like a step up for them (even though it really isn't).

I'm sure it'll be fun either way.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Returning to DL 2/29

Each Resort is different and magical in its own way
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

Quote Originally Posted by desertmommie3 View Post
    Thank you all so very much for your opinions. I really do like the idea of going to DW in 2010 and then DL in 2012 when the updates are done. I didn't know they were expanding. That is a really good idea.
    DCA will be receiving a world class water show- World of Color- in 2010, a Little Mermaid Dark Ride in 2011 as well as a new entrance plaza-Buena Vista Street- and in 2012- Carsland, with a 'test track' type ride-Radiator Springs Racers- a rethemed 'flying saucers' attraction and a ride called 'Mater's Junkyard Jamboree'. Rumor also has it that Disneyland will be receiving Star Tours II in 2011.

So yeah, I have to agree with the others that said go to Disneyworld in 2010, and then plan for a trip to Disneyland in 2012 to enjoy the new land and multiple new E-ticket attractions.

• MiceChat Moderator

I'm almost afraid of recommending someone come in 2012 though. It's going to be a mad house!

or at least... I hope it is.

Disneyland all the way!

Walt Disney World is really fun and really big... but it lacks a certain magic you feel at Disneyland. I could go on for pages about that, but I wont...

And a long 6 day trip to Disneyland will be wonderful, I've never stayed there that long, but always wished I could!

I'd suggest the Grand Californian Hotel, it is a little pricier than the other Disney hotels, but it's well worth it! And if you're going to be there for almost a week, and it's a big family vacation... you gotta stay at a Disney hotel and not just one of the local hotels on Harbor Blvd. Grand Californian is attached to DCA and has it's own private entrance into the park from the hotel, and if you get a room on that side, you'll have a view of the park, and if it's on the other side, you'll have a view of Downtown Disney/Disneyland, so it's good either way. It's built in a classic Northern California craftsman style from the turn on the 20th century. The main lobby has a HUGE open area with a GIGANTIC wooden chandelier, there's a grand piano where a guy sometimes plays, and there is a fireplace that's about as big as a Hummer. And not just one fireplace, but one inside the main lobby, and one outside too! Complete with big wooden rocking/normal chairs to sit in and relax, and you can even have room service bring you food in front of the fire. There's also a big field you can play with the kids on and a descent pool.

And staying there for 6/7 days means that you can really take your time and enjoy all the DLR has to offer. And if you wanted a WDW trip where you could have enough time to see and do everything or most things there are to do there, you'd have to stay there probably at least 2 weeks or more to experience it all. But at DL, with 6 or 7 days there, you can spend time re riding lots of Fantayland rides like I'm sure your kids will want to do. You can check out the fireworks and fantasmic one day, check out the electrical parade in DCA the next. Have one day only at DL, then have one day only at DCA, then a day where you maybe start at DL and end at DCA, and a day when you start at DCA and end at DL, and some days when you can check out Downtown Disney most of the day... eat at a few of the great restaurants there, and if you're in the mood, you can even catch a movie or something while you're there . So because it's not as big and you'll have plenty of time there, you'll be able to ride everything many times, and also be able to go take naps or just window shop during the day or sit and people watch on Main Street without feeling like you're wasting precious time.

So... yeah... I say Disneyland because it's closer, it has a Magic that WDW just doesn't have, and you can have a nice, relaxed, quality time trip at Disneyland with a week there, as opposed to an either rushed WDW trip; trying to do as much as possible ... or a more relaxed WDW trip, where you'll probably only be able to check out less than half of what WDW has to offer. Trust me, I've taken a few week long trips to WDW, and it's no where near enough time to experience all it has to offer.

Go Disneyland! Woo Hoo!
    Last edited by JamesDusenberry; 08-13-2009 at 04:21 PM.
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by HSM Fans View Post
    I say Disneyland. It's is much closer.

Also, I have found that all of the major rides at WDW can be found at both parks.

BTMRR-can be found at DL
    Splash-can be fopund at DL
    Space-can be found at DL
    Soarin'-can be found at DCA
    TOT-can be found at DCA
    Rock and rollercoaster- can be found at DCA (California Screamin' is also much better)
    TSMM- can be found at DCA
    DINOSAUR-can be found at DL (Indy is much better)
    Expedition Everest- I think it compares to the Matterhorn which is better
    Khali River Rapids- GRR is much better at DCA
    Only Test Track, Mission:Space, the Safari, and SSE can only be found at WDW
    Peoplemover, Speedramps, Country Bears, Swiss Families, Carousels of Progress, Backlot Tours, Great Movie Rides, Sci-Fi Dining, Philermagic, Spaceship Earth, Reflections of China, American Adventure, Blizzard Beaches and Typhoon Lagoons aside

Did I mention the speedramps?

Not that it really matters, grinning with total giddiness for 6 days is as good in one place as another
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Not that it really matters, grinning with total giddiness for 6 days is as good in one place as another

That's true.

Although I know for me, humidity wipes that grin right off my face on day 1 when I begin to wish I applied deodorant in places I never thought I needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Peoplemover, Speedramps, Country Bears, Swiss Families, Carousels of Progress, Backlot Tours, Great Movie Rides, Sci-Fi Dining, Philermagic, Spaceship Earth, Reflections of China, American Adventure, Blizzard Beaches and Typhoon Lagoons aside

Did I mention the speedramps?

Sorry, but I meant to only mention the major attractions. I'll give you PM, CB, Carousel of Progress, and Philharmagic, but I already mentioned Spaceship Earth. The Backlot Tour really isn't worth it, the Great movie ride is somewhat boring, both Reflections of China and the Ameican Adventure are boring, I didn't even want to go to the Sci-fi dining, I think Tarzan's treehouse is much better than Swiss Families, and I don't go to WDW for water parks which cost extra.

I will give you that big one though. Gotta love the Speedramps.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Although I know for me, humidity wipes that grin right off my face on day 1 when I begin to wish I applied deodorant in places I never thought I needed it.
    Probably why they never got rid of the speedramps
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Progressive Disneylander

Disney World.

If you have 6-days, that's about 3-days too many for Disneyland vacation. Personally, I can do a week a Disneyland and not get bored, but I also realize that I'm definitely not everybody.

I've been to both resorts plenty and I think for a family, more fun can be had at Disney World. There's just a lot more to do that doesn't include the parks themselves. The DL loyalists will try to compare the two attraction by attraction, but DL can't compare to the rest that Disney World has to offer as a vacation resort.

Disneyland would be a good place to visit after you experience Disney World and then plan a more appropriate shorter trip to it. Plus, the DL resort will be in better shape in 2 or 3 years when DCA's first phase will be completed.

When I read the first post in this thread, right below it was an ad for the Disney vacation DVD. I would recommend ordering that from Disney and using that to help you make up your mind. You should definitely get a good sense of what each resort has to offer.
    Last edited by KISSman; 08-13-2009 at 05:57 PM.

• Swish and Flicker

Disney World if you want to have lots to do.
    DisneyLand if you want to go to the original park.
    Both are great IMO.
    "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you." -Winnie the Pooh

• MiceChat Moderator

Not sure I like the argument that WDW has lots to do. There's lots more to see, lots more to eat... but I never felt like I was DOING more. If that makes sense. There was a lot of sitting around waiting or a whole lot of walking endlessly.

But maybe that's me coming from a grown up point of view. With kids, I think that definitely there's plenty to do in either resort.

• Minion

You have kids who are going to be the ceneter of the trip so i say WDW because-

A: Love the water parks and with six days thats two at waterparks and four at themeparks.

B: i feel WDW has more thrill rides and im sorry but Expedition: Everest and Materhorn are nowhere near comparision your talking about the first steel coaster while fun is really just a downhill ride compared to an immersive one of a kind coaster that takes you backwards! E:E is on a higherlevel when it comes to thrills and technology then Materhorn

C: Downtown disney and disney quest not to mention the multiple dinning options such as Planet Hollywood and the one restaurant in the big mark twain style boat (name slipped my mind).

D: Epcot! Enough said

E: Did i mention that they have waterparks and carry tons of theme then any i have ever been to.

More reasons to go on but if you are going to go for six days go to WDW and let your kids run around the whole world of disney. Only one down side is that Magic Kingdom isnt even close to Disneyland, however there tomorowland is better.

So my vote is WDW.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

• MiceChat Moderator

The kids are 9, 7, and 5. Do you really think Everest is what they'd want to do?

But if you want to play the thrill ride comparison, let's play.

WDW:
    1. Space Mountain
    2. Big Thunder Mountain
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Test Track*
    5. Mission: Space*
    6. Tower of Terror
    7. Rock n Roller Coaster*
    8. Star Tours
    9. Expedition Everest*
    10. Kali River Run*
    11. Dinosaur*

Disneyland.
    1. Star Tours
    2. Space Mountain
    3. Matterhorn Bobsleds*
    4. Big Thunder Mountain
    5. Splash Mountain
    6. Indiana Jones Adventure*
    7. California Screamin*
    8. Tower of Terror*
    9. Grizzly River Run*

Disneyland is down 2, as expected. But not too far behind.

Tucson, Arizona, but I wish I was in Philly, PA

Personally, I Love Disneyland Resort. I Have Been There 7 Separate Times.
    But You Should Definitely Go To DisneyWorld. It Has 4 Parks, Compared To 2 At Disneyland Resort. Also, California Adventures Is Going Through A Huge Renovation.
    The Only Reason To Go To Disneyland Resort Is World Of Color Will Have Just Opened Up.
    But I Would Still Go To DisneyWorld.
    Also, Where Would You Stay At If You Went To DisneyWorld Or Disneyland. That Is Also Another Huge Part Of Which Resort To Go.

I will be at DisneyWorld on April 29, 2011-May 4, 2011. If You Are Going The Same Time Message Me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast