• in the Golden Afternoon

Celebrate: A Birthday Trip Report (Aug 9-13)

Greg (JFSebastian) birthday was on the 11th, so we invited 6 of his friends down to the parks for a few days.

Greg, Nick, Matt, and I left the bay area Sunday morning around 8. Checked in at the Super 8, and headed to Disneyland!

First ride was Greg's choice so he, of course, chose Haunted Mansion.

I love Rosie!

Matt in the middle of a sentence.

Nick.

At first, I was going to delete this, but upon further inspection decided it looked really cool.

Off to Greg's other favorite :]

You wouldn't know it, but I am sitting behind Matt. In every single on-ride photo I am covered up

Walking past the Tiki Room, Greg notices Maynard. We stopped to look and see if it was him, he came up to us and did a few of his little things, none of which I knew what he was saying. lol.

I love how it lights up.

Gotta represent my heritage!

At 8:30 Greg and I rushed over to DCA to catch the Electrical Parade, which is my absolute favorite and I haven't seen it in over a year. Matt and Nick didn't want to see it, so they went over to TSMM.
    Here are a few pictures of the Parade.

"Cinderelly, Cinderelly, night and day its Cinderelly"

Pete and Elliot!

As soon as the music started and I saw the parade heading towards us I started crying, and I mean bawling. One of my greatest memories of Disneyland is being 3, sitting on my grandmas lap in her rented wheelchair, watching the parade. I would fall asleep in the middle of the parade, so my grandma would sit with me the next night to watch it. My grandmother passed away 2 years ago, and I just couldn't hold the tears in. But I did end up being able to enjoy it :]

Day 2 will be up soon.

Re: Celebrate: A Birthday Trip Report (Aug 9-13)

I was there on the 11th for my mom's birthday! Maybe I'll pop up in the background of one of your pictures

That's incredibly sweet about your grandmother. I'm so very sorry about your loss... Hopefully the memories that come to you while you watch that show now will just make you feel happy, nostalgic, and closer to her

I was also there on the 11th for my Mom's birthday. Its a small world.....

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

That's a teary-eyed, and sweet story about the DLEP. Great start to the TR RedHead! Keep the pics comin!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• sleepy lagoon

Quote Originally Posted by in_wonderfulland View Post

That's incredibly sweet about your grandmother. I'm so very sorry about your loss... Hopefully the memories that come to you while you watch that show now will just make you feel happy, nostalgic, and closer to her
    I know what you mean, WeWantstheRedhead!! I, too, have sweet memories of the Electrical Parade. One of my first memories of Disneyland is watching the Electrical Parade, sitting atop my Dad's shoulders, and being so tired, yet so excited to see the floats and lights. My Dad unexpectedly passed away this last April and I haven't seen the parade since then, but it will be a nice tribute to him when I do.
    Last edited by my7dwarves; 08-15-2009 at 07:36 PM.

• in the Golden Afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post
    I know what you mean, WeWantstheRedhead!! I, too, have sweet memories of the Electrical Parade. One of my first memories of Disneyland is watching the Electrical Parade, sitting atop my Dad's shoulders, and being so tired, yet so excited to see the floats and lights so bad. My Dad unexpectedly passed away this last April and I haven't seen the parade since then, but it will be a nice tribute to him when I do.

oh my gosh, I am so very sorry to hear that.
    Seeing the parade with such memories makes the first few minutes sad, but then you have to remember what a good time it was.