Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HISTA rumors?

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

HISTA rumors?

Has anyone heard anything lately regarding replacing HISTA with something new? What happened to the Hitchhiker's Guide idea? Is anything going to happen?

• Closed Account

Re: HISTA rumors?

Well, seeing as how fans of the Hitchhiker's Guide book reacted very badly to the movie (it removed all of the good JOKES from the book) I doubt we'll see anything related to the movie.

• Minion

I can't see Disney keeping "Honey I Shrunk the Audience" for the long haul. Magic Journeys was in and out in a year ....... Captain EO (Michael Jackson real life shenanigans or not) ... eventually had to go .....

The sponsors of all the "Magic Eye" theaters throughout 4 Disney parks must realize ... 3D films do not have a long "shelf life" ......... So, I would think SOMETHING is in the works now ... For HISTA is now 10 years old. (Debuted first in EPCOT in '95, DL '98, TDL and DLP soon after).

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

They should replace the Disneyland version with Mickeys Phillarmagic or make an end of the world 3d film based on Chicken Little.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Angry Re: HISTA rumors?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinM
    Has anyone heard anything lately regarding replacing HISTA with something new? What happened to the Hitchhiker's Guide idea? Is anything going to happen?

Man I hope they don't do this! As a teenager I was totally hooked on the Hitchhiker's books. I rented the movie this weekend and it was complete crap! I was sooooooo disappointed!

I'll admit, HISTA's time has come and gone, but PLEASE don't replace it with something crappier!

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    Man I hope they don't do this! As a teenager I was totally hooked on the Hitchhiker's books. I rented the movie this weekend and it was complete crap! I was sooooooo disappointed!

I'll admit, HISTA's time has come and gone, but PLEASE don't replace it with something crappier!

The movie wasn't that bad, was it? Even though not as good as the books (movies usually aren't), it did have some redeeming value.

Just curious, how did it do at the box office?
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    They should replace the Disneyland version with Mickeys Phillarmagic or make an end of the world 3d film based on Chicken Little.

eeeh......

no offense .......

Too "cartoony" for Tomorrowland.

I'm not for a Tomorrowland that goes over-board on "Toons".

I know it's half way there already ... but I'm just so hoping some imagineers have enough sense to keep Disney Marketing from completely ruining Tomorrowland.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by NemoZorro
    The movie wasn't that bad, was it? Even though not as good as the books (movies usually aren't), it did have some redeeming value.
    Maybe I was expecting too much from the movie, so my disappointment was greater than it should have been. Yeah, it did have some redeeming value, the first 1/3 of the movie was pretty good. I laughed quite a bit at first. But then it just went on and on and on..... Sucked the life out of the rest of the movie IMO.

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

Chicken Little in Tomorrowland would be ...yuck...

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by NemoZorro

Just curious, how did it do at the box office?
    The movie set up jokes from the book, but instead of delivering the punch line there was just dead air. The first 1/3 was OK...from there on out it was really bad.

• Inappropriate

Awkward, i rather liked the movie. Okay i absolutely loved the movie. And i've read the books. I don't understand what jokes were missing.

I was really hoping to see something from Hitchhikers Guide in Tomorrowland, even if it was something subtle. i still think the tron tunnel on the peoplemover (if it comes back) turned into the Magrathean factory floor would be the coolest.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte
    The movie set up jokes from the book, but instead of delivering the punch line there was just dead air. The first 1/3 was OK...from there on out it was really bad.

Exactly how I felt!

How about if they get rid of the 3D movie and not replace it with another 3D movie. How about trying something different. That whole area where you enter Space Mountain and HISTA reminds me of a parking Garage from the 70's. It needs a complete make over and a Non 3D movie attracion added.

• Inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by daannzzz
    How about if they get rid of the 3D movie and not replace it with another 3D movie. How about trying something different. That whole area where you enter Space Mountain and HISTA reminds me of a parking Garage from the 70's. It needs a complete make over and a Non 3D movie attracion added.
    Wow! What a swell idea. Does anyone know how much space is in that building there? Why don't we just get rid of the 3D movie and put something totally different there? THAT would be cool!

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Disney Cub

I totally agree, how about a non 3D attraction... how about a nice themed ride... not an E ticket but more like a D ticket to eat up some of the traffic around space mountian?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast