Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Quality Assured

Re: Is soarin still in DCA?

Originally Posted by Captain Jack
    Walt Disney World's Soarin' is a clone of Disney California Adventure's Soarin' Over California. The only difference is the theming of the building and queue (DCA's in own building, WDW's in Epcot's The Land Pavilion) and the number of "theaters" each has...WDW has an extra theater for greater riders per hour. And, both DCA and WDW share the same film, even though California is like 3,000 miles from Florida...an amazing ride nonetheless. However, transitions between scenes could be better, but the music score is AWESOME.

On a sidenote, Epcot's Soarin' is themed like an Airport...it's quite cool.

Now, WHY'S THE RUM GONE!?!?!

Yes it is open right now, so is WDW's...a clone, like the 11 Batman the Rides throughout the Six Flags chain.

Originally Posted by testtrack321
    1.) Soarin' at Epcot has two theaters, just like at DCA.
    2.) Not all the Batman clones at Six Flags are B&M Inverts.[/
    1.) A cast member told me it had the extra theater, they are probably wrong and you are probably right, my apologies.
    2.) In the Six Flags chain, "Batman the Rides"=B&M Inverts...nothing else. Batman the Escape is an Intamin stand-up, Batman the Dark Knight is a B&M floorless and Batman Knight Flight was a B&M floorless (now is not SF park), and Batman and Robin the the Chiller are Premier dual-track LIM launches. Batman THE RIDE is a clone or mirror image of the same B&M invert track layout of the world's first invert built in 1992 at SF Great America. A little FYI, this layout is so popular, intense, and compact that it has been cloned for Busch parks and other parks worldwide.

Soarin' Over California is still at DCA...

I also miss the old Disney Channel specials with behind the scenes looks at Disneyland backstage and special features about the theme parks. Now it's all preteen sitcoms...
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

Visit The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets and Mickeypedia!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NemoZorro
    I am so with you on this, and I bet the majority of MC is too. I miss Vault Disney that used to show old classic shows like Zorro and the Mickey Mouse Club shortly after midnight.

Hey and get this, Disney channel canceled that to put on shows like Lizzy Mcguire for the younger audience! Now I say to myself, what parent would let their children stay up past midnight on a school night to let their children watch these shows?

I am glad to know that the classics are now coming out on DVD though. I bet Zorro will be making its rounds sooner or later.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Hey and get this, Disney channel canceled that to put on shows like Lizzy Mcguire for the younger audience! Now I say to myself, what parent would let their children stay up past midnight on a school night to let their children watch these shows?

I am glad to know that the classics are now coming out on DVD though. I bet Zorro will be making its rounds sooner or later.
    That's what summer was for... and I did, sometimes. Yay for being a night owl!

Davy Crocket came out on the Tresures collection along with part of the Mickey Mouse Club. Zorro is often requested and hopefully will be coming out soon. I can't wait for the rest of the Mickey Mouse Club!

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by NemoZorro
    I agree, I really liked the old channel. If it didn't come for free, I wouldn't get it! They had some cool, creative stuff, but I guess as the company goes, so goes the channel.
    I totally agree. The old channel - even as recent as like, 2001, with the Zoog stuff and the cool Imagineer commercials - was so much better than the crapola that's on now.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack
    2.) In the Six Flags chain, "Batman the Rides"=B&M Inverts...nothing else. Batman the Escape is an Intamin stand-up, Batman the Dark Knight is a B&M floorless and Batman Knight Flight was a B&M floorless (now is not SF park), and Batman and Robin the the Chiller are Premier dual-track LIM launches. Batman THE RIDE is a clone or mirror image of the same B&M invert track layout of the world's first invert built in 1992 at SF Great America. A little FYI, this layout is so popular, intense, and compact that it has been cloned for Busch parks and other parks worldwide.
    No, wrong. http://rcdb.com/id639.htm
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12