Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

• "I Break Things"

Re: What to do with the Jungle Cruise?

Quote Originally Posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
    I'm glad to hear that! Adding characters to the Jungle Cruise would be like adding certain famous Disney Animated cartoon birds to the Tiki room.
    There are a lot of older guard who have a very special connection to Jungle. Getting the guns removed from Jungle literally took all the support Cynthia Harris could muster. By comparison getting them back was little more then Eisner's signature and Matt making a few phone calls (Matt convinced Eisner to sign after a blunder in Inn Between).

It is rare to have an attraction around for 50+ years... and many many people have childhood memories of Jungle along with memories of working it and memories of their kids/grandkids riding it. It is something that really demonstrates what "making the magic" is all about.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Any idea of replacing The Jungle Cruise is just blasphemy.
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

• hunter of Hidden Mickeys

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I found it in a locked thread
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/116826-were-there-no-audio-animatronics-jungle-cruise-2.html

Also cobra was moved out of boathouse and into Sunken City, Bob was moved up on the berm, toucans were moved to rainforest (originally under falls), ginger was moved to sunken city, several static crocs added to sunken city, moonlight added to elephant pool, and a random impala was added to C Curve.

The rhino was supposedly removed because the "charging" mechanism would sometimes spin the rhino causing it to charge butt first at the boat. I do not know if this is true... but it was a funny story on the Walk in Walt's. The two smaller rhinos ran in a circle in the "tall" grass chasing each other... the impression was that you stumbled on a family of Rhinos and then the mother charged the boat. I used to have a loading joke that related to this (only the really old Guests got it).

Marc Davis is credited with both the Gorilla Camp and the Trapped Safari. The "story" is that he noticed the Rhino backstage, suffering from neglect having been removed years before. His comment was "I can use this" and he convinced Walt to let him "borrow" it... the rest is history. Again not sure of the authenticity but that was another part of the tour.
    oooh so its the same rhino from before? I'll have to get a good look at it next time I go to DL.
    any idea why the lions eating the zebra chunks got removed though?

• jeffrey

Quote Originally Posted by bubble_POP View Post
    The only thing I'd like to see done on the Jungle Cruise is an update to all the animals, make them more life-like and get rid of the clicking noises (like its that easy). One idea I'll just throw out there is something I thought about this past weekend while in the hippo pool, I would love it if the hippos would rush the boat and some how shake the boat while the skip fires the gun to scare them off.

That would be the COOLEST THING EVER!!!!! Also, agreeing many others: new, lifelike animals; and somebody mentioned new jokes...that would be very good and welcomed by me. Sadly, I don't bother going on the ride any more if there is a wait time cuz it's boring with the same, unfunny jokes. That's just my opinion, sorry if I upset anybody =/

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Oathkeeper View Post
    oooh so its the same rhino from before? I'll have to get a good look at it next time I go to DL.
    any idea why the lions eating the zebra chunks got removed though?
    This was a "from serious to comedy" move.

• hunter of Hidden Mickeys

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    This was a "from serious to comedy" move.
    ah, makes sense.I guess being the zoology major that I am, I really liked that scene, and how the JC had a much more documentary-feel to it than it does today. It'd be nice if they brought back some of that atmosphere but still keep in some of the comedy, similar to the old narration in the videos.

• DTL= Disney Thug Love

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Please, no, just no. The ride is fine the way it is, there is no need to fix it at all.
    ICe, where you not the same ICe who wanted them to keep TNBC in Haunted Mansion all year long?...

Keep Jungle Cruise the same. It's a treasure at this point.
    DTL

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Oathkeeper View Post
    ah, makes sense.I guess being the zoology major that I am, I really liked that scene, and how the JC had a much more documentary-feel to it than it does today. It'd be nice if they brought back some of that atmosphere but still keep in some of the comedy, similar to the old narration in the videos.
    I'm more disappointed that they lost the monkeys, spider, snapping crocs, swimming crocs, baby rhinos and jackals... the jungle should have more life not less...

the hornbill IMHO was a bit of a loss but it brings life to the boathouse so that makes up for it!
    Last edited by techskip; 08-27-2009 at 04:16 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567