Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1

    • Disneyland Connoisseur
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    202

    Disneyland: Near Death Experiences

    So, we often hea about deaths that have occured in the park. However, we never really hear about any "close calls", times when someone almost died, times when someone did something REALLY stupid that could have gotten them killed, etc. So, the purpose of this post is for you to share information you have, or any of your personal experiences.
    4th Trip To Disneyland: June 28th-June 30th!


  2. #2

    • Disneyland History Lover
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chula Vista, CA
    Posts
    2,029

    Re: Disneyland: Near Death Experiences

    I felt like the snake on Indiana Jones was going to eat me the first time I rode on it. Does that count?

  3. #3

    • Senior Monorail Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)
    Posts
    1,517

    Re: Disneyland: Near Death Experiences

    I had a dumb ride operator on Peter Pan a long time ago who dispatched the boat from unload before making sure people were um DONE EXITING! It made me get caught between the boat and the pole at the exit (which I noticed was removed by a later visit) and threw my mom back into her seat.

    Actually, that was, if I remeber correctly, before they had a console at unload. The console was almost in the middle of the platform...
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!


  4. #4

    • Off to Neverland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    So. Cali
    Posts
    1,663

    Re: Disneyland: Near Death Experiences

    I was getting off of Buzz and the car tried to eat me! I had a monster sized bruise on my leg...

    lol... does that count too? LOL

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    310

    Re: Disneyland: Near Death Experiences

    i swear i'm too tall for the matterhorn, & each time i come to dolly's dip, i completely dunk my head down. because i know, know, i know for a fact that if i don't, i'll, well, i'll git muh head torn cleeear off. the lady that checked my belts jokingly said; "HAHA. you best dunk yer head honey bunch" ugh. i hated her.

    ...but anyways, i hope that counts! ;(


  6. #6

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,294
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Disneyland: Near Death Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by hurricanecolby ! View Post
    i swear i'm too tall for the matterhorn, & each time i come to dolly's dip, i completely dunk my head down. because i know, know, i know for a fact that if i don't, i'll, well, i'll git muh head torn cleeear off. the lady that checked my belts jokingly said; "HAHA. you best dunk yer head honey bunch" ugh. i hated her.

    ...but anyways, i hope that counts! ;(
    I have the same issue, being almost 6'5" and over 300...

    Maybe the Matterhorn should have a sign saying you can't ride if you are taller than this sign...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  7. #7

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    1,454

    Re: Disneyland: Near Death Experiences

    my grandpa was exiting Autopia and walked behind the car for some reason and got hit by another car coming forward and cut his leg. He went to the hospital and was fine. however, he never took care of his cut and when he was home like two weeks later he got a flesh eating virus that nearly killed him! no joke! but now he is slowly getting better and in fact we were just at DLR and his payback to disney is he needs a wheel chair since he cant walk long so we get front of lines!
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

    Hope I was helpful!

  8. #8

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    234

    Re: Disneyland: Near Death Experiences

    Ok so Spring Break 2007 my mom and I were on BTMRR and going up the first lift hill the car stopped and dropped maybe a foot. Wow it sounds wussish when you say it but at the time it was terrifying! Of course we went on it in June and it happened again so maybe it's just part of the ride...

  9. #9

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,294
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Disneyland: Near Death Experiences

    Does an experience as a CM count here?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  10. #10

    • Disneyland Connoisseur
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    202

    Re: Disneyland: Near Death Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Does an experience as a CM count here?
    Of course! It doesn't matter who you are, as long as it took place at Disneyland, or around the place.
    4th Trip To Disneyland: June 28th-June 30th!


  11. #11

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,294
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Disneyland: Near Death Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by MadHatter45 View Post
    Of course! It doesn't matter who you are, as long as it took place at Disneyland, or around the place.
    Plaza Pavillion Central Kitchen, of all days July 4, 1976 -

    Cut my right hand on a meat slicer, had to be taken to first aid and then to (at that time) Palm Harbor Hospital (Garden Grove).

    Luckily it was on a very thin setting....my hand just slipped off the safety guard...to this day, two fingers on my right hand are much more sensitive to pain than the others.

    Not exactly near death, I grant you, but scary nonetheless.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  12. #12

    • Mean Mermaid
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    294

    Re: Disneyland: Near Death Experiences

    Uhhhh... nowhere near "near-death" but I've been injured at Disneyland in a slightly humorous way.

    I was hanging out in the Court of Angels and the band that plays out on NOS was just coming through after their show to go upstairs and backstage. They were tossing out their leftover Mardi Gras Beads. I picked one up off the ground and looked up to watch the band leave and what should be hurtling towards my face? A necklace plummetting from the second story straight into my eye!!

    Yup, that hurt a bit. The necklace actually broke upon contact with my eye! Although I was a bit mopey, I didn't actually make myself go to the first aid center on Main Street until after a nice ride on Jungle Cruise!

    I think I must be the only dork in existance who can say "I've been (kinda) seriously wounded by Mardi Gras beads!!"

  13. #13

    • Small Worlds of Walt
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Simi Valley
    Posts
    337

    Re: Disneyland: Near Death Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by Auroraflame View Post
    Uhhhh... nowhere near "near-death" but I've been injured at Disneyland in a slightly humorous way.

    I was hanging out in the Court of Angels and the band that plays out on NOS was just coming through after their show to go upstairs and backstage. They were tossing out their leftover Mardi Gras Beads. I picked one up off the ground and looked up to watch the band leave and what should be hurtling towards my face? A necklace plummetting from the second story straight into my eye!!

    Yup, that hurt a bit. The necklace actually broke upon contact with my eye! Although I was a bit mopey, I didn't actually make myself go to the first aid center on Main Street until after a nice ride on Jungle Cruise!

    I think I must be the only dork in existance who can say "I've been (kinda) seriously wounded by Mardi Gras beads!!"
    So thats what they mean by having "Beady eyes"

  14. #14

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,891

    Re: Disneyland: Near Death Experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Does an experience as a CM count here?
    Then there's the Cast shuttle drivers who don't check the rear doors for slowly exiting CM's between the doors before starting to pull away.

    Happened to me and I've seen it happen to others.

  15. #15

    • Future Tinkerbell!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Close to Disneyland
    Posts
    1,433

    Re: Disneyland: Near Death Experiences

    Last time I went, there was this REALLY tall guy, not necessarily heavy, just tall, and he was trying to get on Space Mountain. He was trying to sit down, and a ride operator was helping him. But, his legs were too long to fit in the car. However, while attempting to sit, the person who starts the ride, started it! He had to yell "I am still standing!!" The girl stopped the ride, and the man had to get off. But, I swear the girl saw him trying to sit when she started the ride! Talk about a grumpy Disney worker...

    Nous sommes tous fous ici
    What do ya wanna know? http://formspring.me/littleactress
    I be bloggin' Tumblr

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Help! Fun experiences at Disneyland?
    By jackisync in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 09:57 PM
  2. Replies: 76
    Last Post: 06-15-2007, 01:07 PM
  3. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-04-2006, 09:52 PM
  4. Share your Disneyland Character Photo Experiences!
    By Micoofy Duck in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-12-2006, 10:56 PM
  5. Singapore family to sue HK Disneyland for woman's death
    By Loomis in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-24-2006, 03:18 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •