Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Disneyland Connoisseur

Disneyland: Near Death Experiences

So, we often hea about deaths that have occured in the park. However, we never really hear about any "close calls", times when someone almost died, times when someone did something REALLY stupid that could have gotten them killed, etc. So, the purpose of this post is for you to share information you have, or any of your personal experiences.
    4th Trip To Disneyland: June 28th-June 30th!

• Disneyland History Lover

Re: Disneyland: Near Death Experiences

I felt like the snake on Indiana Jones was going to eat me the first time I rode on it. Does that count?

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

I had a dumb ride operator on Peter Pan a long time ago who dispatched the boat from unload before making sure people were um DONE EXITING! It made me get caught between the boat and the pole at the exit (which I noticed was removed by a later visit) and threw my mom back into her seat.

Actually, that was, if I remeber correctly, before they had a console at unload. The console was almost in the middle of the platform...
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Off to Neverland

I was getting off of Buzz and the car tried to eat me! I had a monster sized bruise on my leg...

lol... does that count too? LOL

i swear i'm too tall for the matterhorn, & each time i come to dolly's dip, i completely dunk my head down. because i know, know, i know for a fact that if i don't, i'll, well, i'll git muh head torn cleeear off. the lady that checked my belts jokingly said; "HAHA. you best dunk yer head honey bunch" ugh. i hated her.

...but anyways, i hope that counts! ;(

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hurricanecolby ! View Post
    i swear i'm too tall for the matterhorn, & each time i come to dolly's dip, i completely dunk my head down. because i know, know, i know for a fact that if i don't, i'll, well, i'll git muh head torn cleeear off. the lady that checked my belts jokingly said; "HAHA. you best dunk yer head honey bunch" ugh. i hated her.

...but anyways, i hope that counts! ;(
    I have the same issue, being almost 6'5" and over 300...

Maybe the Matterhorn should have a sign saying you can't ride if you are taller than this sign...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Minion

my grandpa was exiting Autopia and walked behind the car for some reason and got hit by another car coming forward and cut his leg. He went to the hospital and was fine. however, he never took care of his cut and when he was home like two weeks later he got a flesh eating virus that nearly killed him! no joke! but now he is slowly getting better and in fact we were just at DLR and his payback to disney is he needs a wheel chair since he cant walk long so we get front of lines!
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

Ok so Spring Break 2007 my mom and I were on BTMRR and going up the first lift hill the car stopped and dropped maybe a foot. Wow it sounds wussish when you say it but at the time it was terrifying! Of course we went on it in June and it happened again so maybe it's just part of the ride...

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Does an experience as a CM count here?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Disneyland Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Of course! It doesn't matter who you are, as long as it took place at Disneyland, or around the place.
    4th Trip To Disneyland: June 28th-June 30th!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MadHatter45 View Post
    Of course! It doesn't matter who you are, as long as it took place at Disneyland, or around the place.
    Plaza Pavillion Central Kitchen, of all days July 4, 1976 -

Cut my right hand on a meat slicer, had to be taken to first aid and then to (at that time) Palm Harbor Hospital (Garden Grove).

Luckily it was on a very thin setting....my hand just slipped off the safety guard...to this day, two fingers on my right hand are much more sensitive to pain than the others.

Not exactly near death, I grant you, but scary nonetheless.

• Mean Mermaid

Uhhhh... nowhere near "near-death" but I've been injured at Disneyland in a slightly humorous way.

I was hanging out in the Court of Angels and the band that plays out on NOS was just coming through after their show to go upstairs and backstage. They were tossing out their leftover Mardi Gras Beads. I picked one up off the ground and looked up to watch the band leave and what should be hurtling towards my face? A necklace plummetting from the second story straight into my eye!!

Yup, that hurt a bit. The necklace actually broke upon contact with my eye! Although I was a bit mopey, I didn't actually make myself go to the first aid center on Main Street until after a nice ride on Jungle Cruise!

I think I must be the only dork in existance who can say "I've been (kinda) seriously wounded by Mardi Gras beads!!"

• Small Worlds of Walt

Quote Originally Posted by Auroraflame View Post
    Uhhhh... nowhere near "near-death" but I've been injured at Disneyland in a slightly humorous way.

I was hanging out in the Court of Angels and the band that plays out on NOS was just coming through after their show to go upstairs and backstage. They were tossing out their leftover Mardi Gras Beads. I picked one up off the ground and looked up to watch the band leave and what should be hurtling towards my face? A necklace plummetting from the second story straight into my eye!!

Yup, that hurt a bit. The necklace actually broke upon contact with my eye! Although I was a bit mopey, I didn't actually make myself go to the first aid center on Main Street until after a nice ride on Jungle Cruise!

I think I must be the only dork in existance who can say "I've been (kinda) seriously wounded by Mardi Gras beads!!"
    So thats what they mean by having "Beady eyes"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Then there's the Cast shuttle drivers who don't check the rear doors for slowly exiting CM's between the doors before starting to pull away.

Happened to me and I've seen it happen to others.

• Future Tinkerbell!

Last time I went, there was this REALLY tall guy, not necessarily heavy, just tall, and he was trying to get on Space Mountain. He was trying to sit down, and a ride operator was helping him. But, his legs were too long to fit in the car. However, while attempting to sit, the person who starts the ride, started it! He had to yell "I am still standing!!" The girl stopped the ride, and the man had to get off. But, I swear the girl saw him trying to sit when she started the ride! Talk about a grumpy Disney worker...

Nous sommes tous fous ici
    What do ya wanna know? http://formspring.me/littleactress
    I be bloggin' Tumblr

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast