Toon Town is for kids right...

I know most of us arn't fans, and some of the shows these rides were based on were taken off the air what, 10-12 years ago?

Prime example: Gadget's Go Coaster
    When I first heard this I thought Inspector Gadget? Forgetting all about the Rescue Rangers. Chances are the age group that this ride is aimed at hasn't even heard of the show.

Another example: Chip 'n Dale Treehouse
    Now, I have no idea what this is based on. Is it another Rescue Rangers themed attraction? Even if it isn't, Disney seems to have forgotten about Chip 'n Dale. When was the last CnD movie or show?

This land aimed towards young kids seems like it's stuck in the early 90's. How long until this area is made better?

• Happy 2007!

Re: Toon Town is for kids right...

Actually, my DD, age 8, loves both of the attractions you mentioned. She also loves Rescue Rangers and Chip & Dale. She has watched both shows.

• Pirate Girl

Hey, I love Gadget's Go-Go Coaster and I'm 42! I even make my Dad(who's 72) ride it when we get over there :-) I could live without C & D's treehouse though. It's kinda small if I remember correctly. I even love Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin! The think I don't like about Toontown is they often open later than the rest of the park. And there's hardly any eateries in the land!

Aprille :-)
    Last edited by prillzilla; 10-07-2005 at 09:32 PM.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by C-HOX
    I know most of us arn't fans, and some of the shows these rides were based on were taken off the air what, 10-12 years ago?
    Oh I know what you mean. A lot of kids have seen these shows replayed on Toon Disney and still know many of the characters from other shorts, etc. However they aren't as well knowns as they once were which is why they don't come out and greet guests. I remember thinking a few years ago before Toon Disney the same thing since it had been a few years since I had seen the show... but we're living in the age of re-runs and now DVD box sets.

If only I had Toon Disney.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by prillzilla
    Hey, I love Gadget's Go-Go Coaster and I'm 42! I even make my Dad(who's 72) ride it when we get over there :-) I could live without C & D's treehouse thoough. It's kinda small if I remember correctly. I even love Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin! The think I don't like about Toontown is they often open later than the rest of the park. And there's hardly any eateries in the land!

Aprille :-)
    Oh! And my mom who is a bit older than you LOVES it too. She just won't wait in a long line for it because she doesn't like lines period.

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

I really enjoyed Toon Disney when it first started but now that I have been able to watch it again all the classic 80's-90's animation is gone (or most of it). It has become a hybrid between Disney/ABCKids/ABC Family At least they show more classic animation than DC does

ok...I know this went off topic Sorry!
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

When I went to Disneyland with my in-laws, toontown was their favorite land, and they are both in their 50's. They loved all the detail.

However, they hated Fantasyland and we had to ride most of the rides without them, lol.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.