Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• Minion

Any Bad experiances with cast members?

Pretty much what the title says. Have any of you had bad experiances with cast members?

Before we continue on with this thread, I'd like to make sure everyone knows not to post photos or names of the people involved. Let's keep this civil and share experiences rather than throw someone in front of a train. I've seen threads like this here many a times and it's never lead to anything positive. Hopefully this one can be better?-Cohetey Boy
    Last edited by Dlandclub33; 08-19-2009 at 12:14 AM.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: Any Bad experiances with cast members?

Quote Originally Posted by Dlandclub33 View Post
    Pretty much what the title says. Have any of you had bad experiances with cast members?
    We've all had bad days (I have them).
    I've had bad at other parks worse than Disneyland.
    I think HM once gave some attitude (not what you'd expect from a CM) towards my crippled friend
    but other than that
    I've been lucky.
    You treat them nice, you get nice back.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Last Friday a lot happened. Umm I could be wrong here but anyways I have a pass n I left Disneyland with a hand stamp on my left hand to go to CA Adventure. When I came out of CA Adventure later on I held up my right hand to the lady, she looks at me nastily and tells me "I told u your left hand"...I was so pist because I wanted to punch her because I don't know what I did wrong, its not like I kicked her, but I was puzzeled because I was like if I got a handstamp in DL with my left hand and I'm at DCA getting my hand stamped with my left hand again doesn't that seemed weird and wrong?
    I WANT DL 2 BE MY PERMANENT HOME!
    1 DAY...EVEN IF I BECOME A TEACHER...I WOULD LIKE TO WORK AT DL & HOPEFULLY BE ONE OF THE CHARACTERS TO PERFORM DURING FANTASMIC!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Before we continue on with this thread, I'd like to make sure everyone knows not to post photos or names of the people involved. Let's keep this civil and share experiences rather than throw someone in front of a train. I've seen threads like this here many a times and it's never lead to anything positive. Hopefully this one can be better?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

I've been going for 16 years and I can't really recall any bad experiences to be honest.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by monicaduy View Post
    Last Friday a lot happened. Umm I could be wrong here but anyways I have a pass n I left Disneyland with a hand stamp on my left hand to go to CA Adventure. When I came out of CA Adventure later on I held up my right hand to the lady, she looks at me nastily and tells me "I told u your left hand"...I was so pist because I wanted to punch her because I don't know what I did wrong, its not like I kicked her, but I was puzzeled because I was like if I got a handstamp in DL with my left hand and I'm at DCA getting my hand stamped with my left hand again doesn't that seemed weird and wrong?
    You do know that if you have a pass you don't really need to get a handstamp, right? Unless it's a super busy day where the park may hit certain Levels, then that's when it's completely necessary to get a hand stamp.

And not to be a jerk here, but wanting to punch someone because they were acting a little snarky toward you isn't really mature...

Anyways, I've had my share of rude CM's, but of course the good outweigh the bad A LOT. Just gotta learn to shake it off and don't let it ruin your day.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Before we continue on with this thread, I'd like to make sure everyone knows not to post photos or names of the people involved. Let's keep this civil and share experiences rather than throw someone in front of a train. I've seen threads like this here many a times and it's never lead to anything positive. Hopefully this one can be better?

Cohete beat me to it... because historically every one of these types threads have eventually ended up in the litterbox... keep it civil, keep it generic and keep it impersonal.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

I just made a thread about it.

Basically it took the Gibson Girl 10 minutes to plop one scoop of ice cream on a cone for me.

No apology was granted.

• Minion

I agree with Coheteboy No Names or Photos with people involved please. Keep it polite please. No rude gestures. Thanks

• Minion

I for ome have only had one bad experiance but everyone has there bad days.

• I'm a fiddle player......

Me and my wife entered DCA, the CM scanned her AP and she went through the turnstyle. Well the pass didnt scan right and the lady just grabbed my wife by the arm and pulled her back. No apology, no explanation, just give me your pass. Only time we wrote a formal complaint in 5 years of us having our pass.

• DLR Cast Member

I'm there almost every day. I can count lots of wonderful experiences with cast members, and an occasional could have been better. Never what I would call a bad experience.

On balance, my favorite place to be.

I've had trouble twice in the past year or so at POTC ride. Maybe it was even the same CM, who knows. Anyways, on busy days I've had them try to cram a group of strangers into the same row as us.. each time I'd politely ask if we can have our own row. On both occasions, the CM yelled at me and tried to force me to move over to let more people on. I'm severely claustrophobic sometimes, I just need my space, I get panic attacks. Anyways, I don't think it is too much to ask if a party of 2 requests to have their own row on POTC.
    Since then we just always request to sit on row 6. I think the max. number of people on row 1 or 6 is 3 adults.. so they don't try to force anything upon me there. Luckily tomorrow, we'll be in a big group, so even if it is crowded, I won't have that issue

MOST of the time, the CM's go above and beyond to make guests happy and comfortable. It is a very rare occurrence.

• Sock Puppet

never towards me, but I was in line for Soarin' and there was a small kid with the family in front of us. We were in the fastpass line and the kid had been measured outside before we gave the tickets, but the man collecting tickets was a massive... well insert whatever you want here. At first he asked the mom to measure the kid for the height requirements (in a rather rude way) and when she mentioned the CM outside had already done it he answered "That's not my problem, I still need to measure him again." The tone it was said in was what really made this (insert another adjective here) really make me want to punch him. The wasn't being mean about it either, she just mentioend that the boy had already met height requirements with the oustide CM (which was true) and this... guy... was being a jerk (for lack of a better term). It really amazed me that he got away with it. I really wanted to report him. I started talking to the mom and she just told me she wouldn't let it get to her, so no biggy, but still that was actually the only time I have ever seen a CM give attitude for no reason. I have seen many CM's defend themselves against jerk off guests, but I condone that when I see how selfish and rude guests can get only because they paid so much. I never thought it was okay for guests to be mean, rude, crude or jerks to CM's or any other occupation, just because they paid.

not to condone his attitude because his attitude is wrong, but the cast members do have to height check him even if the guests say they were checked at the front. Many guests have snuck right by the height checks and claim their child was tall enough when in fact they were not tall enough. That is why there is several height checks and when they say they have been checked already they still have to check them so they know as well.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast