Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Banned User

Re: Terrible Service at Gibson Girl

I am very sorry you had to experience this! You have no idea how many times I have to yell at my fellow CMs (who have been there longer than I have) that they can't have their cell phones out or that they have to keep their conversations D rated. I will admit I do chit chat with my co workers, but as soon as someone needs help, the convo hits a rough pause to help guests with any of their needs. I'm still flabbergasted how many CMs don't like their jobs and they're CR, while I'm CT and I work my butt off to become a CR but can't cause the ones who hate their jobs have taken all the spots! Sorry, just my little rant.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pile View Post
    Here in the real world when you pay 6.00 an hour, your going to get 6 dollars of work an hour.
    So if you're raised from $3.25 to $3.50 an hour, the quality of work you give your employer should be 0.9285714 times better... at $7 an hour, the quality is 200% better than $3.50 an hour; $14 an hour, the quality is 400% better, and so on.

Sorry, doesn't work that way. Reality is you take the job and agree to the wage. If you consistently perform like some of the dimbulbs described in this thread, you're fired.

And hopefully, replaced by an employee who believes in doing their best as a point of personal pride, no matter what they're being paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pile View Post
    If you busted your hump working for a whole $3.25 cents an hour then your the biggest boyscout i've ever saw in my life.
    And people wonder why the attitude of employees has gone down the crapper.

Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 08-20-2009 at 02:30 AM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Not sure why you'd just wait there getting upset instead of asking about your order.
    To come home and post it on Micechat!!!!!!

• C4C6C

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    I had my phone out and had to be out of the park by 11 PM because my brother was picking me up and I was running a little late.

It was 10:30 when I ordered and I finally got my cone at around 10:45.
    Do you have your receipt with the time on it? And I guess it was 15 minutes and not the 10 as in your op.

• Future Cast Member

You guys are talking like people are making them work for the 9 bucks an hour. No one is making them, they agreed to the job. And they also have to work to DL's standards for Cast Members and have good show onstage. FutureImagineer183, I understand your chitchatting when your not busy, which there's nothing wrong with, because as soon as someone needs help, you help them, but the Gibson Girl cast members can't stop to chitchat, especially when it's busy, because they actually have a job to do. And it's not just scooping ice cream, the fact that they have poor show and are being rude to guests is just wrong. Don't blame Goover for not asking about the ice cream, it's the Cast Members' fault for not paying attention to the orders they needed to get out. Even if I wasn't getting paid anything, I'd still feel bad to keep someone waiting and I'd be embaressed to be chitchatting when I'm supposed to be scooping ice cream and having good show in the park.

• U. B. Bold

Threads like this really depress me. They depress me because one could easily right off the sub-par service that the OP received as an isolated incident. But one can't right it off when so many jump up to defend slacking, rudeness and incompetence as something we should all just come to expect and accept. The world has changed, we are told, get with the program. Exceptional or even adequate customer service is a quaint idea from the past (sort of like correct spelling and punctuation). These days, it's hip to be rude, stupid and lazy (especially if you are only being paid minimum wage). Who the heck do these paying customers think they are anyway?

But I don't blame the underpaid teenagers on the front line. The blame for this rapid and unacceptable decline in standards should be placed right at the door of TDA, or even higher up the company food chain. These ever increasing reports of bad service on Disney property point to a radical sea-change in the core values of the Walt Disney Company. There have always been rude teenagers, but in the past you didn't find them working at Disneyland. At least, not for very long.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder View Post
    Threads like this really depress me. They depress me because one could easily right off the sub-par service that the OP received as an isolated incident. But one can't right it off when so many jump up to defend slacking, rudeness and incompetence as something we should all just come to expect and accept. The world has changed, we are told, get with the program. Exceptional or even adequate customer service is a quaint idea from the past (sort of like correct spelling and punctuation). These days, it's hip to be rude, stupid and lazy (especially if you are only being paid minimum wage).
    Bingo. But I'm trying to look on the bright side: any young person starting in the job market who has a modicum of workmanship standards will leave these dimbulbs in the dust.

- Neil Gabler

• Laughing Last..

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder View Post
    ........But one can't right it off when so many jump up to defend slacking, rudeness and incompetence as something we should all just come to expect and accept. The world has changed, we are told, get with the program. Exceptional or even adequate customer service is a quaint idea from the past (sort of like correct spelling and punctuation). These days, it's hip to be rude, stupid and lazy (especially if you are only being paid minimum wage). Who the heck do these paying customers think they are anyway?

But I don't blame the underpaid teenagers on the front line. The blame for this rapid and unacceptable decline in standards should be placed right at the door of TDA, or even higher up the company food chain. These ever increasing reports of bad service on Disney property point to a radical sea-change in the core values of the Walt Disney Company. There have always been rude teenagers, but in the past you didn't find them working at Disneyland. At least, not for very long.
    A quaint idea such as good customer service? Spelling and punctuation? These are the things that irk me into a stroke like stage of frustration. You are right, the notion of giving honest, hard work for a day's pay seems to be gone. Our kid's generation ( my oldest being 28, youngest 14) seem to believe that a job is something owed to them and pay should be commensurate with their yearning potential and not their earning potential. Being hip, rude, and stupid seem to be more the norm than the exception anymore. Apathy, leading into ignorance, seems to be the accepted way anymore. There is a spell check on the site, kids.

A contractual agreement between an employee and employer is to be honored. The employer expects you to do a job, and do it to their standards. If the terms of the contract are not to your liking, i.e. pay, hours, appearance, expectations, etc.. then you're free to decline employment and seek elsewhere. If, though, you accept the terms, then you have no right to not perform as expected, and nobody else can stand up and argue for you. The discussions leading into about how poor the pay is, how long the hours are, how rude or demanding a customer may be, do not hold water. You are entitled to leave, this isn't prison kids. The blame must also be put on Disney for not expecting, and upholding, their standards for their Castmembers. Are they afraid of a labor shortage? Has TDA really become that apathetic to the once very high standards?

Call me old fashioned, I don't care. I expect, for my money, the "show". Anything less is unacceptable, and Disney should feel the same way, period.
    LOS ANGELES
    ANGELS
    OF ANAHEIM
    WHAT A STUPID NAME

CALIFORNIA ANGELS FOREVER

Baseball is our religion
    The stadium our cathedral
    Beer and peanuts our sacrament

• Laughing Last..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Bingo. But I'm trying to look on the bright side: any young person starting in the job market who has a modicum of workmanship standards will leave these dimbulbs in the dust.

I so agree with you, but you must also concede to the fact that the employer must look for those that stand above the "dimbulbs". Without the bar being set higher, we can only expect the mediocre and lazy.
    LOS ANGELES
    ANGELS
    OF ANAHEIM
    WHAT A STUPID NAME

CALIFORNIA ANGELS FOREVER

Baseball is our religion
    The stadium our cathedral
    Beer and peanuts our sacrament

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FREQDUDE View Post
    I so agree with you, but you must also concede to the fact that the employer must look for those that stand above the "dimbulbs". Without the bar being set higher, we can only expect the mediocre and lazy.
    Agreed. And in that respect, for the last ten years Disney management has been long on excuses, longer on self serving opportunism, and world class myopic on standards.

- Neil Gabler

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123