Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Terrible Service at Gibson Girl

Now before you go and rate this thread one star, let me tell you that I truly love the Gibson Girl and the great, quality ice cream they serve. Nothing beats those chocolate sprinkled cones.

However, on my last visit at around 10:30PM, the service I and countless others encountered was completely unacceptable.

So I make it to the front of the line to be greeted by a very dead looking girl. But she did her best and was polite enough. No problems here!

So I get my reciept and stand in the pick-up area with the white gate.

So I'm waiting and after about 5 minutes I had seen about 10 ice cream cones being served to people who were behind me in line.

My order was simply one scooop of strawberry ice cream on a chocolate sprinkled cone. If I had ordered some large sundae I would be more understanding.

So me and this group of ladies began to wonder what exactly was going on. I kept my temper about it but the ladies started to voice their annoyance to the staff.

Of course, the staff were giggling and leisurely taking their time unloading buckets of ice cream into the bins and scooping cones for the most recent orders.

Apparently their social life was far more important than our ice cream cones.

The two ladies had to speak up (polite but stern)

"come on, girls" one said. The girl CMs looked for a few seconds, then went back to their conversation and continued their giggling frenzy.

A few minutes later the women get their order and leave the shop less than satisfied with the service they experienced.

Now here I was still without a cone. Embarrassed by their lack of respect towards their customers (the Gibson Girl and Disneyland fan I am) I too had to speak up and ask the man about my cone.

Mind you this was a little over 10 minutes after my order of one scoop of ice cream.

The man casually asked me what I ordered (as if one time wasn't enough).

I showed him my reciept, and about 2 minutes later I finally got my cone.

I also saw numerous customers come back to the gate and ask for the cone WITHOUT the plastic cup on the scoop to be denied of any service.

All in all, it wasn't a pretty scene.

I know people on here are very quick to defend CMs, but I was there, not you.

When I pay good money for ice cream it is sort of a slap in the face to watch as the CMs indulge in comical conversations, not having a care in the world what order needs to be prepared.

So in short, It took 10 minutes to plop one scoop on a premade cone. Not good.

Thank you for reading. This was pretty long.

• Returning to DL 2/29

Re: Terrible Service at Gibson Girl

I understand you. I was a Gison Girl one time and left because Girls are talking Texting and a mad lash of angry guests let into a argument. I went to the Golder Horseshoe and got some Ice cream. I didnt want to have a bad day so I left but we have to understand that some people do care about thier life more than customer service
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

• And a hippin' and a hopin

To be fair, in a busy environment like that it is very easy for a scoop of ice cream to go unnoticed. I'm not defending them or anything, because when you pay $4-$5 for some ice cream you should definitely not have to worry about them misplacing your order, however, I would have asked the CM after 2-3 minutes about my order when I saw people behind me getting theirs. It's not like they were purposefully ignoring you, rather, maybe the girl who took your order didn't put it in right, the person scooping ice cream overlooked, or something like that.

Also, if a Lead or Sup saw you standing at the waiting area for that long, they definitely should have asked you if you were waiting for something to make sure. Unfortunately, when you are serving 2,000 scoops of ice cream an hour, mistakes happen.

Was it really 10 minutes? I work with customers all the time who claim 10 to 15 minutes have gone by but I am the one looking at the clock and know it is really on 3-5 minutes typically.

Time just seems to move extra slow when you are hungry and food is involved.

Oh my gosh let me see they pay these young kids like what 6-8 dollars an hour, not exactly a 100k a year job, so what do you expect? You don't know if they were short handed and just got slammed by a rush of people all at the same time. I used to be a waiter in las vegas and sometime you just get so slammed by people and there needs are not meet and you fall behind and end up giving them less service then what they wanted. You also get a lot of people who expect to much out of you, i have had people order a drink then within 5 mins they are yelling about there rum and coke. It is totaly low class on there part. Just give them a break, it's not like you were late for a meeting with the pope or anything, people are always in such a big dang hurry it's sick. Everything is now, now, now in this world and it makes me sick....

• in the Golden Afternoon

I know and understand that people have bad days (I often have those) as we are only human. However, we pay good money to get into the park, we pay good money for that ice cream. We all love Disneyland and the way it really gets us into the atmosphere and detail, all CM's should stay in "character" to continue that submerging for all us guests. And if not for that reason, for the fact that they are at work and should be professional anyway.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pile View Post
    Oh my gosh let me see they pay these young kids like what 6-8 dollars an hour, not exactly a 100k a year job, so what do you expect? You don't know if they were short handed and just got slammed by a rush of people all at the same time. I used to be a waiter in las vegas and sometime you just get so slammed by people and there needs are not meet and you fall behind and end up giving them less service then what they wanted. You also get a lot of people who expect to much out of you, i have had people order a drink then within 5 mins they are yelling about there rum and coke. It is totaly low class on there part. Just give them a break, it's not like you were late for a meeting with the pope or anything, people are always in such a big dang hurry it's sick. Everything is now, now, now in this world and it makes me sick....
    Minimum Wage is $8.00 so yeah, I'd say $6!
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Future Cast Member

Wow, there's no excuse for that. That's just bad show.

• Diva Extrodinaire

Burr-bank Ice Cream at DCA is better. I went Monday, got the Toll House Swirl in a cone, and NO ONE WAS THERE at lunchtime! And they were all very nice.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

That happened to me once at the DCA ice cream store. After a few people after me had gotten their ice cream, I went up and asked about mine. It had gotten lost in the shuffle. No big deal, it happens sometimes. I didn't wait 10 minutes though. Not sure why you'd just wait there getting upset instead of asking about your order.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Shifting cargo

I waitressed for four years at a family club near where I live and I understand impatient people who want their food and they want it now! However, in this case, it didn't seem like some of the CM'S were just lagging behind yet apologizing profusely, they were giggling and not showing respect to their customers.

Disneyland holds a tradition of being smiley, happy, respectful, and welcoming employees. Now, I understand that no one is ever that happy all of the time, but respect is a must. The customers weren't just getting aggitated because the service was slow, but because some of the CM's weren't being respectful. Plain and simple.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

Disneyland is starting to lower their standards for CMs...if they ever have been any higher. The quality of the CM's attitudes are the same as that of Mcdonalds now. The only CM out there who shows the Disney attitude is Maynard, every other CM is mediocre. They don't wave hi to guests or crack random jokes like the ones in WDW. I heard a CM say S*** as he was walking to his post...I was like "Wow..."

• Shifting cargo

I wouldn't say that Maynard is the only great CM, because I have met my fair share of really enthusiastic, nice CM'S, but they are becoming rarer.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• 1 man can make a difernce

I know what you mean, sometimes time is money.

It shouldn't matter how much the kids are paid vs. the quality of service you get. I worked at a movie theatre for $3.35/hour and I worked my butt off! I would never be chit chatting with my co-workers if customers were waiting for service. I was always observant if I saw someone standing around for awhile waiting for something and would take the inititive to ask if they had been helped. If I was having a conversation with a co-worker and a customer walked up, I didn't ignore them until I was finished...I did my job and helped the customer. I've noticed a trend these days where people just don't seem to take pride in doing a good job even if it's a crappy job. I hope to instill good work ethic in my children. I make sure to offer my appreciation to those co-workers who do their job well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast