Page 1 of 30 12341126 ... LastLast

• Still lost in Neverland

Disneyland Paper Models

As some of you may (or may not) know, one of our members (Trader Sam) has a great website called "the Disney Experience". Within the many sub pages on that site is "Ludwig VonDrakes Laboratory" and within that are many different instructions and prints outs for various Disney Theme Park attraction buildings and other neat stuff. I decided over the last few days to try one of the easier looking projects. These two projects are together and they are the two original Disneyland signs that used to be out on the Harbor Boulevard Entrance to the old Disneyland Parking Structure. They were a little harder than I thought, mostly in cutting and glueing but I thought you might like to see the results.

This is a close up of the second sign:

I used a very heavy (120 lb) paper, and that may have been a bit too heavy. The next project is DCA's Tower of Terror and I think I will use the regular ink jet paper (90 lb) and see how that works.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Senior Minion

Re: Disneyland Paper Models

Did you ever try to build the 20,000 leagues paper model he had? It is pretty hard with so many tight pieces and detail. I have not attempted it yet.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Know More Than You Should

I have attempted it, with a little less then sucess. I unfortunely didn't have enough time to finish it, but I'll try again in winter perhaps!

• Shpadoinkle

So you're going to tease us and then not even post a link?

• All you need is LOVE

I love them thanks for showing them

• Head Salesman

A link? Your wish is my command!

September 25—November 5: Visit the Haunted Experience. Once inside the Haunted Mansion, go to the Crypt for all of the miscellaneous projects. While you're visiting, enter to win a copy of the Disneyland® Haunted Mansion Holiday soundtrack.

November 6 & Later: Visit the Disney Experience. Once inside, either visit the Ludwig Von Drake Laboratories for all of the miscellaneous projects.
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• Shpadoinkle

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Sam
    A link? Your wish is my command!

September 25—November 5: Visit the Haunted Experience. Once inside the Haunted Mansion, go to the Crypt for all of the miscellaneous projects. While you're visiting, enter to win a copy of the Disneyland® Haunted Mansion Holiday soundtrack.

November 6 & Later: Visit the Disney Experience. Once inside, either visit the Ludwig Von Drake Laboratories for all of the miscellaneous projects.
    But... I want to see Ludwig Von Drake Laboratories noooooowwwwwwwwww....

• Don't hate the game...

im working on one now as i post this... but every time i look at it i get intimidated at how difficult this will be but, i know i can do it and it'll be awesome when i do!!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy
    I decided over the last few days to try one of the easier looking projects. These two projects are together and they are the two original Disneyland signs that used to be out on the Harbor Boulevard Entrance to the old Disneyland Parking Structure. They were a little harder than I thought, mostly in cutting and glueing but I thought you might like to see the results.
    Awesome job, thanks for sharing.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Awsome models. I made the newer marquee, but the older one is one that I'm not sure I want to attempt. Very nice work.

Here are some pics of my model.

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

That is so awsome and so is the site , I love crafts time , cant wait to find the time to try some of these!!!

• Best Buds

If I can do do half as good a job as you did, it will go perfectly with my monorail setup:

http://www.ae35.com/monorail
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
    http://www.comedy4cast.com

• Still lost in Neverland

That is a great looking table top setup. I am going to be having a table top for all that Christmas setup I currently have on the floor. It will make more room for shelving underneath to get all the other stuff up off the floor. My current shelves are full.

I have printed out all the PDF pages for all the paper models to date on Disney Experience. I have only built the two signs. Actually the second sign is easier to build than the first one that GurlyMan built. You only have to find a couple of 1/8" diamiter balsa wood poles. Micahels has them. They are cheap. I built the second sign in a couple of nights, mostly waiting for glue to dry.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Head Salesman

For those of you interested in what's coming up, check out this blog entry from last month.
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

Those paper models are awesome! I'd try to make one if I didn't already have too much Disney stuff in my house. Heck, it's hard to type I have so much stuff!
    What's that I hear about the PeopleMover coming back?

Page 1 of 30 12341126 ... LastLast