Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Annual Passholders--When would you say NO!

As Annual Passport Holders we continue to renew our Passports to enjoy the Parks every year. My questions are: 1. How much is too much to spend on your annual passport? Including everyone from So.Cal to Premium. 2. Would you downgrade your passport to continue the magic? 3. Why did Disney increase the Premium Passports by $40.00 and everyone else by $20.00? 4. Follow up to question 3. I would assume there are more So.Cal, So.Cal select, Deluxe passport holders , so why wouldn't Disney increase their price more to increase revenue for the company? Seems logical if the numbers are higher than the Premium holders. 5. Do you think the company is looking to eliminate the P.A.P or just make it so expensive only a select few would buy into it, like us on this webpage? Just looking for answers where there might not be any..

• The Prince

Re: Annual Passholders--When would you say NO!

I'm a Premium AP holder and even though with the current price increase I will still pay for it because it's still a better deal, not only you get free parking and discounts but also you get your money's worth. I even lost count on how many times I visited the park this year. I spend money now and then on my trips but discounts do help a lot. Price increase have happened over the years so I'm not surprised. If you put it this way, 4 or 5 visits pays for itself for Premium vs buying 1-Day Park-Hopper ticket at about $100. I don't believe the company would eliminate the Premium. If you look at the SoCal APs, then I feel the company is losing some money because for a few bucks from a 1-Day Park-Hopper ticket, guest can upgrade for a SoCal AP.

• Future Imagineer! =D

Ummm, I have no clue when I would stop buying an AP. I don't think I could ever stop getting an AP. Disneyland is natural high, I'm addicted to it! Anyways, my parents pay for my pass...maybe one day when I become an Imagineer I won't need to buy a pass! :]
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Animation Domination

Just renew my AP yesterday and got Premium again. In a couple of years I will probably get Deluxe. I only buy food at the Disneyland Resort. No, I don't buy merchandise. I have in the past, but not anymore. Saving 15% is better than 10%. Yeah, I pretty sure that more people are Deluxe, SoCal or SoCal Select rather than Premium. Going 6 or more times to the park will pay off the Premium AP.
    "You are watching FOX"

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

I park hop once a week. So $97 x 52 means my activities annually would cost $5,044 without a PAP. So for 400 and change for a PAP is ok by me. Hell, make it grand. I don't care. As long as PAP's are cheaper then 52 tickets. Im go-ing to disneyland.

everyone has different needs. if downgrading is acceptable then problem solved. If its not, then upgrade your income or rearrange you purchasing priorities. heck, you have a year to save up. save bo-ha, save! just think it thru and make a plan. yes, price increases are no fun, but neither is world without disneyland.

Disneyland... It's my anti-drug
    You can never run out of imagination. The more you use, the more you gain.

This year! This is my first and last year as an Deluxe AP holder. The value just isn't there for me (I said for me, and in regards to MY financial situation). Prices go up, service and quality go down. I'm done.

Plus, I found that I have spent more money becuase I have made several more trips to the DLR this year because I have an AP. Gas, hotels, food and time off from work all way more than when I didn't have an AP. 1 or 2 trips a year turned into 4 already this year and I have two more coming up.

• Future Cast Member

I've gotten an AP every year, and this year i was so sad because it was gonna be my last year as an AP. Luckily, thank goodness for monthly payments, we were able to afford one.

I go around once a year for about 6-7 days. And then I just go a week earlier so I can go another 7 days on the same pass. Plus with the DVC discount and discounts on dining and merchandise, it's still a good value. It would take a dramatic price hike to make me not get an annual passholder.

And if that does happen, I'll just get a parkhopper.

• =)

I already say no...too much money, too many blackout days!

I think the value all depends upon where you are at in life, and for me, how the economy is going. My business is way down at the moment, so we actually just bought passes again after an 18 month absence. Our reasoning is the fact that we will not be doing any international travel, and since an AP is such a good value, we will choose to drive 15 miles and spend our extra money locally rather than on travel.

I posted in a different thread that we just let ours lapse w/o renewing. Partly because of the economy...it's hard to justify spending that kind of $ right now. But mostly, it's a matter of value for the money. Disney RAISING prices when there's nothing new to offer, and one park (which was already only 50% of a real park) is now mostly a maze of construction walls, just really stuck in our throats. Of course, once DCA is "new and improved" I'm sure we'll be back. I'm also sure prices will skyrocket when they actually have something new of value to offer us...

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    I park hop once a week. So $97 x 52 means my activities annually would cost $5,044 without a PAP. So for 400 and change for a PAP is ok by me. Hell, make it grand. I don't care. As long as PAP's are cheaper then 52 tickets. Im go-ing to disneyland.
    Ah, but you probably wouldn't buy 52 tickets if the AP were not available.

My questions to all are:
    1. If there were no AP Program, what is the most you'd pay to enter DL if you were to go only one day per year?
    2. If there were no AP Program, what is the most you'd pay to enter DL if you were to go only five days per year?
    3. If there were no AP Program, what is the most you'd pay to enter DL if you were to go only twelve days per year?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

My answers to the OP's questions:
    1. I already say no.
    2. No.
    3. I can only guess, but since the PAP is more expensive, on a percentage basis the increaes are more in line with each other.
    4. All in due time. PAPs, in a normal economy, crowd the park when it's already crowded. Fewer PAPs in the park on crowded days mean more paying guests, means more revenue. And I'm referring specifically to 12/26-1/1 time period, where PAP'ers aremed with knowledge make sure to get to the park early before it is closed (due to capacity) to them. Downside is that the price increase doesn't work the way normal goods do. Price increases merely mean to the AP'ers that they have to go to the park a few more times.
    5. I can only hope so, for the park's sake. If you love the park, you must set it free.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Re: Annual Pass holders--When would you say NO!

the main answer to this would be, how many times do you go? we go a few times each month, so it would be silly for us not to have one. we use the premium pass, and parking is a plus. but we could have added parking to any pass as a plus, that also adds up at $12 a pop. so it just boils down to , how much do you go there..

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

All the years I've lived in So Cal I never bothered with an annual pass until MiceChat, and going to Disneyland multiple times for MiceChat meets. Will I ever not buy a pass? Not sure. I've never had anything but a Deluxe, and don't think I would ever downgrade from that. I have the advantage that my husband hates Disneyland, so I only have to buy a pass for myself which saves some money.

Right now at both of my jobs, my wages have been frozen until further notice (no more pay raises in the foreseeable future), yet Disney continues to raise its prices. Once the Deluxe goes over $300 a year, I may have to take a good hard look at my personal finances and see if I can afford not only the pass, but the gas and motel that go with it for multiple trips.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast