Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bringing your own lunch

Any tips on bringing your own "picnic"? First, how easy it is so "smuggle" food in? A;so wondering how much a locker would cost for a couple of brown bags. Thanks

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Bringing your own lunch

Very easy to smuggle in snacks. Just put them in your pockets. They'll only check your bags if you have any. Other than that you can just walk right through security.

I think a small locker was $7 for an entire day.

EDIT: soryy I misread your question. I don't know if they will do anything if you bring a bag full of brown bags of food. They probably won't do anything. I think all they do is check for weapons.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

If you want to have a picnic no need to smuggle it in, just go the designated picnic area right outside the security tents across from World of Disney. There are soda machines there too.

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    If you want to have a picnic no need to smuggle it in, just go the designated picnic area right outside the security tents across from World of Disney. There are soda machines there too.
    Thanks, I forgot about the official picnic area! I didn't know they have soda machines there. That's convenient! I assume they charge two or three times the "street price" for a can?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I forgot they had a picnic area too . Hope you enjoy your trip Werner .

I have never had an issue and I usually bring water, fruit and snacks for my son, I am very happy that they allow this because I just went to Six Flags and they made me throw away everything I had including water.

• Sock Puppet

i found out this year you could bring your own food. I saw someone bring in a bucket from KFC in through the security check in tent so no smuggling needed

I brought in snacks every day of a 5-day trip this year. Never bothered to hide them, never heard a word about it from bag check. It never even occurred to me that it might be like a movie theater and that I should be worried about bringing in food.

• Future Cast Member

You dont need to hide them. They let you bring food in, just not a big loaf of bread or jar of mayonnaise. You have to make sandwhiches and stuff at home.

• 387 Miles from Disneyland

Yup, just no hard coolers. As long as you can pack your food in a 'regular' type bag then you are fine! I always bring fruit for my kiddos.

• Honorary Mermaid.

My friends and I all put like 5 lunchables, string cheeses and apples into my friends back pack, and they didn't do anything about it. So I don't think you'll have a problem.
    They'll probably only ask to look at it if it's in a bag.

• Future Imagineer! =D

I have a big purse and I just put food in there. My mom will sometimes bring a lunch pale with ice packs and a sandwich or something and I put it in my purse and security never asks about it. I always make sure they can't see the zipper and there are usually a few papers thrown around on the top
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Future Imagineer! =D

On my last trip to Disneyland they wouldn't let people bring opened water bottles into the park! I think it is absolutely ridiculous when an amuesment park won't let you bring water in! For example, I get easily dehydrated and sick in the heat and water comes in really handy while standing in long lines in the sun and I am not going to leave line to buy a $5 water bottle!
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• =)

I bring not only lunch but miscellaneous snacks and even a small dinner - and I do this literally every time I go. Security usually doesn't mind. There is indeed the picnic area near the tram stop from Mickey and Friends, but I usually just eat inside the park. A couple of sandwiches and some chips and cookies go a long way. I just stick them in my backpack along with a water bottle, a light jacket, and an extra pair of shoes, and it's never been a problem. Brown paper lunch bags might attract attention...I'm not really sure.

•   
    • So fetch

I've brought lunch to the parks before. They didn't even give the food a second glance. I think it would have been different it I had brought a loaf of bread and the fixin's though I have seen people in the parks making their own sandwiches in NOS. That was a funny sight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast