Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Phase Two For YOU

There was a phase 2 discussion thread earlier which seems to have kind of died out. But this thread is sliiiightly different, its all about what you want to see happen in phase 2.

Personally i really want to see hollywoodland kick off with great theming, a dark ride, and either a EMV or uni's mummy coaster car chase kind of thing.

• Future Imagineer! =D

Re: Phase Two For YOU

Umm, I want DCA to be completely Disney-fied in phase two. Maybe not disney rides, but I want it to feel Disneyish. They should remove the rides Walt wouldn't want. For example- Maliboomer, Screamin, Mullholand Madness, etc. They should just totally redo the entire park and maybe leave a few attractions
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• www.JonAutopsy.com

The movie Cars is long gone and not substantial enough, in my opinion, to merit an entire "land". Much like A Bug's Life which got it's own land and look at how popular that area is...
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Autopsy View Post
    The movie Cars is long gone and not substantial enough, in my opinion, to merit an entire "land". Much like A Bug's Life which got it's own land and look at how popular that area is...
    Cars 2

Look at the rides in A Bugs Land. Now, look at the rides that are going to be in Carsland. RSR is going to be incredible, and the other two look like fun rides that will be pretty well themed. If the rides are fun and the theming is superb, the land as a whole will be a success and probably even as timeless as Splash Mountain, another ride based on a lesser known Disney film.

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Autopsy View Post
    It's one of the most popular lands in the park O.o It's pretty much the only family friendly land for all ages.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleImagineer View Post
    Umm, I want DCA to be completely Disney-fied in phase two. Maybe not disney rides, but I want it to feel Disneyish. They should remove the rides Walt wouldn't want. For example- Maliboomer, Screamin, Mullholand Madness, etc. They should just totally redo the entire park and maybe leave a few attractions
    I agree, they really need to scrap those rides.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
    It's one of the most popular lands in the park O.o It's pretty much the only family friendly land for all ages.
    Only because Disney didn't think to put any family-friendly rides in DCA when they first built it and they needed to come up with something quick and on the cheap.

Then again at least they responded to demand. I know some people complain about when Disney parks get too much kiddy stuff with not enough for adults to do but I think it's just as big a problem when Disney focuses too much on thrill rides and not enough on family-friendly stuff.

I think all the stuff they have planned for the rehab so far is great. I fear that Paradise Pier will still be underthemed though.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Banned User

Note that some of the ideas aren't "mine" and that they have been mentioned as rumors before.. I just took them and put them in my own words.

Hollywoodland:

- Demo MI and rebuild as a smaller version of Tokyo's Ride and Go Seek, put in facade based on Pixar Studios.

- New film for MuppetVision, and new facade based on current Jim Henson Studios.

- Millionaire Building becomes home to Disney Villains dark ride that takes guests through major scenes featuring assorted Disney Villains, with facade based on Disney Animation Studios.

- Hollywood and Dine is demolished and a new building that extends out to where the current temporary wall is replaces it. Elaborate multimedia moviemaking tutorial and props display called the Disney Studio Showcase is placed inside the new building.

- Current outdoor theater is enclosed and becomes permanent meet&greet station for the assorted characters in the area, as opposed to having them out in the sun.

- Disney Animation facade is redone to match original Hyperion Studios, with neon Mickey Mouse sign on the corner by the Hyperion Theater.

- Hyperion Theater encloses current staircases and the lobby area is covered over by a nice new canopy with vines growing up the supports and Disney character topiaries in planters separating each waiting areas.

- Playhouse Disney marquee removed and new "Playhouse Disney Theater" sign similar to the "Superstar Television Theater" sign at DHS is placed on the front of the building.

- Tower of Terror front area receives new landscaping and new planters replace backstage gates.

Condor Flats:

- Soarin' Over California is converted to digital projection, but otherwise remains the same.

- Fly 'n Buy is renamed to "Condor Outpost" and rethemed to a forest airstrip outpost.

- Soarin' and Taste Pilots' Grill are repainted with new forest green color scheme.

Grizzly Peak:

-Grizzly River Run remains the same, but receives new safety spiels with less of an emphasis on "extreme".

- Redwood Creek remains the same, but is "managed" by J. Aubodon Woodlore.

- Humphrey The Bear totem pole replaces current Brother Bear totem pole in front of Redwood Creek. All Brother Bear references are removed from attraction.

- Animatronic woodland creatures (deer, rabbits, birds) are placed on the mountainside of Grizzly Peak and are only visible from back path around Grizzly River Run's loading area/queue.

Paradise Pier/Bay Area:

- California Screamin' gets new open-air queue building with Victorian styles in a blue and white color scheme.

- Screamin' receives new cars designed to look like wooden rollercoaster cars. All lighting on coaster's perimeter replaced by LEDs. (Just a thought.... the lighting COULD chase the vehicles around the track. It might be too modern, but it would be uber-cool)

- King Triton's Carousel gets new Victorian pavilion cover and back wall is demolished. The entire Carousel is now open on all sides.

- Maliboomer replaced by new parachute tower themed to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. Current queue is covered over with canopy.

Other than the ideas I mentioned, I think the park will be fine come 2012.

I don't think California Screamin' needs to be scrapped by any means and even though that is just my opinion, it's pretty much a fact that it won't be scrapped. I don't think it even needs to be rethemed. Take it for what it is. It's a Wooden Coaster themed Steel Coaster. It's a fun ride. Most people who go to the park really enjoy it. I don't think it looks particularly bad even in the new Paradise Pier and it certainly doesn't need a Character overlay like the other PP rides seem to be getting. It could use a new queue as has been mentioned many times but the ride itself is fine with me.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFan89 View Post
    I don't think California Screamin' needs to be scrapped by any means and even though that is just my opinion, it's pretty much a fact that it won't be scrapped. I don't think it even needs to be rethemed. Take it for what it is. It's a Wooden Coaster themed Steel Coaster. It's a fun ride. Most people who go to the park really enjoy it. I don't think it looks particularly bad even in the new Paradise Pier and it certainly doesn't need a Character overlay like the other PP rides seem to be getting. It could use a new queue as has been mentioned many times but the ride itself is fine with me.
    I don't understand the logic of removing Screamin' at all. It's a great coaster and DOES fit the theme of the pier.. it may not be wood, but it's pretty cool how it LOOKS like it is wood. You don't remove E-tickets from a park already starved for them... that's just common logic.

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    I don't understand the logic of removing Screamin' at all. It's a great coaster and DOES fit the theme of the pier.. it may not be wood, but it's pretty cool how it LOOKS like it is wood. You don't remove E-tickets from a park already starved for them... that's just common logic.
    I completely agree with you. California Screamin' is exactly what it should be. It's not too mild for thrill seekers, and its not too intense for Kids who are just starting out riding roller coasters. It's just a fun ride that has a look that fits the theme and look of the pier.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Only because Disney didn't think to put any family-friendly rides in DCA when they first built it and they needed to come up with something quick and on the cheap.
    I will agree w/ that statement
    and I have also noticed (but can be wrong)
    that bugs area is only popular around summertime when the kids are hot and can play in the water. And not all the rides in bugs land are totally family friendly.
    My nephew is about 25 inches tall (almost 2) and there was two rides for him (I think the others are 30" or more)

I also think it needs to be more Disney.
    Get those streets in there.
    Better themed lands (then again, over in Disneyland they aren't following that lately either)
    Also at D-land you feel like your in another world
    in DCA you aren't taken away like that. You can still see the outside world.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Member; Mousketeer

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    Agreed.

As I've stated before, the coaster should reflect the time period
    that the pier is attempting to portray.

Such as retheming the queue, the scream
    tunnels, and the trains.

The boardwalk roller coaster is suppose
    to be just that... a boardwalk roller coaster.

The execution just needs to be
    further implemented.

• Minion

more disney less pixar..,thats all i really want to see in dca,and i think we are gonna be pixar free for awhile,with the revamp of toystory and toy story 2 in digital 3D and letsnot forget toy story 3... they cant do any more really with buzz,woody and the guys,,(im Sure they will be out there pimping it up for the films makeing us sick to death of them) they havent touched the incredables walle,rattaoulie andup..but beleave me they were pimped..but i think RADIATOR SPRINGS!!!!!!!!!,will bethe last hurrah for a spell..i could be wrong...and i really really hope im not

• Member; Mousketeer

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    more disney less pixar..,thats all i really want to see in dca,and i think we are gonna be pixar free for awhile,with the revamp of toystory and toy story 2 in digital 3D and letsnot forget toy story 3... they cant do any more really with buzz,woody and the guys...
    Be careful.

Toy Story Musical may be on the way.

Only a speculation as of now however.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast