Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Greetings, Program!

The Disney Obscure

Disney has an almost endless supply of characters and stories, probably enough to populate a thousand theme parks. Of course we know that Mickey, Donald, and Goofy rule over all.

There are plenty of Disney properties though that get almost no love in the parks. Tron is one of my favorite Disney flicks, and the news of the sequel coming is sparking interest once again - possibly enough interest to see a Tron presence in DLR once again.

I'd love to see more representations of more obscure Disney IP's like "The Black Hole" in Tomorrowland.... "Hot Lead and Cold Feet" in Frontierland....
    "Flight of the Navigator"
    "Night Crossing"
    "Atantis"
    "Darby O'Gill"

Not saying they should do away with Mickey and Friends.....just saying that they should spread the love a little. V.I.N.Cent and B.O.B. were cute too, ya know.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Re: The Disney Obscure

Enchanted is a VERY great Disney movie. It got some recognition in the new Magical fireworks, but it would be interesting to see a dark ride based on that....

Also Aladdin needs an e-ticket.
    I take banner requests!

• Greetings, Program!

Never seen Enchanted, but I agree with you on Aladdin. It's just begging for a magic carpet ride.

Oh...you don't know what...we can find......

• Doesn't get enough Disney

I love Darby O'Gill =D

Hmm.. In Search of the Castaways in Adventureland? Maybe that could replace Tarzans Treehouse, haha, they live in a tree for a bit.

Si vous voulez venir danser aussi, le ticket d’entrée n’est jamais gratuit.
    Il faut payer de sa vie.

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    "Hot Lead and Cold Feet" in Frontierland....
    loved that when I was a kid
    Don Knotts is a genius
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    loved that when I was a kid
    Don Knotts is a genius

Wouldn't that belong in Knotts' Berry Farm, though?
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

• Disneyland Connoisseur

I think that Treasure Planet should get some form of recognition in Tomorrowland. Treasure Planet is one of my favorite Disney films, and I believe that it should receive the credit that it deserves.

I also think that Beauty and the Beast should be represented as a dark ride in Fantasyland. The movie is great (I guess you could say that it is my favoriet "Disney Princess" movie). Why no dark ride? Well, we may never know. It doesn't really get any recognition in Disneyland... well, except in Fantasmic.

This isn't considered "Disney", but I think that there should be some Star Wars characters in Tomorrowland. I would love to see Boba Fett, Han Solo, Chewbacca, etc. walking around Tomorrowland, posing for photos and signing autographs. Maybe we will see them when Star Tours II debuts.
    4th Trip To Disneyland: June 28th-June 30th!

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by animagusurreal View Post
    Wouldn't that belong in Knotts' Berry Farm, though?
    Don Knotts
    Actor in the show
    You know, 'Barney Fife' from "The Andy Griffith Show"
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Bedknobs & Broomsticks is a very obscure film that I believe could make a great dark ride. The Guests would be flying around in their magic bed through the streets of London, under sea near the Isle of Naboombu, and through the forest as the armour comes alive to defend the country! (TRAGOONA, MEQUOITES, TREQUOROM, SATIS DEE!)

I also believe that Bambi is SEVERELY under-rated, if not almost completely IGNORED at Disneyland. There may be a few random pins or plushes here and there, but that's about it. I say rip out The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh and put a Bambi dark ride in its place. That type of dark ride would fit the theme of Critter Country much, much more!

The Lion King is also another film that is barely seen in the park anymore. Sure there was The Lion King Celebration and the little section in Walt Disney's Parade Of Dreams, but that was about it. I strongly feel there should be some sort of attraction in Adventureland, but with the lack of room in this land I highly doubt we'll be seeing that anytime soon.

Beauty And The Beast - sure there was a section in Walt Disney's Parade Of Dreams, but does that film truly deserve that LITTLE amount of attention? I THINK NOT! Install a dark ride, bring back the stage production, just do/build something!

Cinderella - again characters are shown a bit in parades, but that's about it. (Although I suppose one could argue that she's at least mentioned in Storybookland.) I say build a dark ride where Guests get to ride in either the pumpkin or "beautiful" version of the stagecoach!

Pocahontas - The Spirt of Pocahontas is no more in Fantasyland, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't have her own attraction!

Mulan - Get an attraction built in California Adventure celebrating the wonderful Asian cultures California has to offer with Mulan incorporated.

I'm sure I'll think of LOTS more later, but those are what I can think of right now.

<Joe>

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post

I also believe that Bambi is SEVERELY under-rated, if not almost completely IGNORED at Disneyland. There may be a few random pins or plushes here and there, but that's about it. I say rip out The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh and put a Bambi dark ride in its place. That type of dark ride would fit the theme of Critter Country much, much more!

The Lion King is also another film that is barely seen in the park anymore. Sure there was The Lion King Celebration and the little section in Walt Disney's Parade Of Dreams, but that was about it. I strongly feel there should be some sort of attraction in Adventureland, but with the lack of room in this land I highly doubt we'll be seeing that anytime soon.
    I agree w/ Bambi and taking out Pooh (even though Pooh kids no better than Bambi...pooh just isn't a Critter)

I'd rather see Lion King on the island than pirates (if Disney insist on taking out the Tom Sawyer name because kids don't understand who he is...don't you still have to read it in school anymore??). You know..Pride Rock (tons of rocks on that island)
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• Faerie Godmother

Thirding Bambi. It's one of the most beloved Disney classics of all time; why has it never been represented in the parks except as a brief Easter event? I mean, not even a parade unit? Rather than a ride, though, I like to envision a Bambi-themed vegetarian restaurant. ("Eating greens is a special treat...")

• Disneyland Connoisseur

Mulan - Get an attraction built in California Adventure celebrating the wonderful Asian cultures California has to offer with Mulan incorporated.
    <Joe>
    That is a fantastic idea. Film is a powerful medium, and when you are trying to spread a message or inform people about something, it makes a powerful educational tool. Mulan would be a perfect way to help represent the Asian culture of California.
    4th Trip To Disneyland: June 28th-June 30th!

• Greetings, Program!

I think that's a fantastic idea.

• Minion

Bedknobs & Broomsticks is a very obscure film that I believe could make a great dark ride. The Guests would be flying around in their magic bed through the streets of London, under sea near the Isle of Naboombu, and through the forest as the armour comes alive to defend the country! (TRAGOONA, MEQUOITES, TREQUOROM, SATIS DEE!)

That would be awesome. Although having a ride with beds as vehicles might make it the new Adventure Through Inner Space, if you know what I mean .

In Mouse Under Glass, David Koenig joked that a Bambi attraction would probably be a shooting gallery .

In another thread, I mentioned an idea for an "animated" version of Adventureland for a new park, where there would be a Lion King attraction, as well as Jungle Book, Tarzan (a coaster, NOT a treehouse) and Lilo and Stitch (because of the tropical Hawaiian setting. Once again, NOT a show, a ride!)

Beauty And The Beast - sure there was a section in Walt Disney's Parade Of Dreams, but does that film truly deserve that LITTLE amount of attention? I THINK NOT! Install a dark ride, bring back the stage production, just do/build something!
    Since the TLM ride came out of mothballs, maybe they'll bring back the Tiki Room-like animatronic show concept.

Cinderella - again characters are shown a bit in parades, but that's about it. (Although I suppose one could argue that she's at least mentioned in Storybookland.) I say build a dark ride where Guests get to ride in either the pumpkin or "beautiful" version of the stagecoach!
    Riding in the coach could be fun, but what would happen in the ride? The only "actiony" thing that really happens with the coach is when she's fleeing from the ball.

Pocahontas - The Spirt of Pocahontas is no more in Fantasyland, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't have her own attraction!
    "Just Around the River Bend" seems like the perfect basis for a water ride. But I don't know, with Splash and GRR, it might be over-saturation (pun intended) for the DLR.

I'd like to see a Mulan-based ride as well. The beautiful scenery was one of the best parts of that movie.
    Last edited by animagusurreal; 08-21-2009 at 02:01 AM.
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

• Greetings, Program!

Almost on the topic here.....My GF and I were in the Animation building of DCA last night and just watched the animated retrospective in the main room. I continue to be amazed that among the legendary films of the past (Snow White, Cinderella, Bambi) that "Atlantis" is included. Not to knock the film because I enjoyed it very very much....but you'd be hard pressed to find casual fans who even knows that the film exists.

Still would've liked to see the proposed Atlantis revival of the Subs. Would've fit the Tomorrowland ideals like a glove. A four-fingered white glove with three black lines on the back, to be precise.
    Last edited by Ortizmo2000; 08-22-2009 at 08:08 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast