Here Goes Nothin - 8/19/09

*this trip report unfortunately contains no imagery or content from any of the mountains, or the indiana jones adventure. if this offends you or goes against your beliefs, please, refrain from scrolling down. thank you.

i woke up at about 8:00am & had a piping hot cup of tea. it was cloudy and windy and cold out. my grandmother, judy ammons, said the previous night; she would arrive home at ten o'clock in the morning & that's when we would leave for disneyland. we were on the freeway by 10:30am. no traffic!

we arrived into the parking structure(which i never go into, usually i walk with my friends through downtown disney) after waiting in a line of cars. right after my grandmother paid the parking, she was confused at how to drive into the upper parking levels and almost crashed. the traffic directors were staring at me even though judy almost killed everyone. we got to our parking spot in only 56 minuets!

so we left the house at 10:30am and got into the park at 2:00pm. the sad thing is i only live 30 minuets away. oh, & we had to stand in a line to get my grandmothers birthday ticket. i haven't stood in a line to get tickets at disneyland in three years. ;(

we didn't do too much looking around when we first arrived. we just dashed down mainstreet and the first ride we did was pirates of the caribbean. judy grandma hadn't ridden it since 1969. & she was extremely concerned at how wet she would get.

after pirates of the caribbean, we bought some ice cream sandwiches and had a seat on a bench near "the partners statue" & along came a handsome horse. red headed judy grandma made me take a picture of her infront of the horse, haha, it doesn't look like she's too thrilled, even though she claims that she was ;(

*we rode peter pan's flight soon after, which was obviously judy grandma's favorite ride of the day, and one of mine too. it's very magical and cool. the lady behind me had a bottom that was 12 sizes too big, i dunno if she was able to ride. her little chins were shaking. it was tragic.[no photos]

then i had to take pictures of my favorite things in the park; the little golden statues around "the partners statue". my favorites being the white rabbit, donald duck, and minnie mouse.

*then we headed to honey i shrunk the audience. judy grandma laughed really hard and enjoyed it. cause she had never seen it.[no photos]

after that, we went over to everyones favorite house full of ghosts in a jamboree. on my way out of the stretching room, someone stepped on my foot, and it really hurt, so i told her she did a good job of doing it. the picture is sooo baaad.

coming out of the haunted mansion, we ran into a swinging mardi gra. seriously. being a mardi gra soul freak, it got me moving. beads were flying. she was flippin her dress up and dancing and singing amazingly. totally swinging.

it was not the best or longest day i had there,(being only 3 and a half hours) but it was memorable. this was the last picture taken;
    i usually ride everything because i'm a ride warrior, but this time, i chose to take it slow because it was my grandmothers birthday & she's not a fan of rollercoasters, blahblahblah. it's hot crowded days like this that make me grateful to have a pass. i'll promise to have better & more pictures next time.

the end, for now.

• gunslinger

Re: Here Goes Nothin - 8/19/09

this is my favorite TR ever. hahhahahaha.
    "Shall there be truth between us, as two men? Not as friends, but as equals? There is an offer you will get rarely, Roland. Only equals speak the truth, that's my thought on it. Friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of regard. How tiresome!"
    -Walter O' Dim.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Great TR! Thanks for sharing!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Banned User

I was there that daay too (: and nice trip report

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Glad you and Grandma Judy had a good time.

• Animation Domination

I really enjoyed these photos.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Bonjour Mes Amis

Rosies Bar sipping upon a nice cold Grape Nehi ... pass the pretzels please

*we rode peter pan's flight soon after, which was obviously Judy grandma's favorite ride of the day, and one of mine too. it's very magical and cool. the lady behind me had a bottom that was 12 sizes too big, i dunno if she was able to ride. her little chins were shaking. it was tragic.[no photos]

I protest for a picture of the above statement would have made for a wonderful complement to your tiny tale. No really...... maybe next time ? .......

I like your picture of Grandma Judy, and I love the pictures of the draft horse, who coincidently also has a reddish coat ... hm..... I wonder who does their hair?? he he!

I enjoyed reading your trip report and I likewise enjoyed your photos. They are very clear and fun. I had a good time chuckling as I was reading your humorous tale.

And........ a self proclaimed bad photo of the HM, is still a very good and wonderful photo all the same. I love the HM and your photo of it.
    Follies of the Living..............Concerns of the Dead

Sounds like you had fun! Thanks for sharing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stinker Bell View Post

I protest for a picture of the above statement would have made for a wonderful complement to your tiny tale. No really...... maybe next time ? .......
    lol, i would have loved to photograph that situation, but it would have looked odd. you know the queue for peter pan's flight is close quarters, & it would have been near impossible to get a good snapshot. haha.<3

Quote Originally Posted by mandypandy View Post
    I was there that daay too (: and nice trip report
    oh well then you should have said hiii. ;D

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

on a this short but awesome TR...can't wait for future TR
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• Swish and Flicker

Great photos and report.
    "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you." -Winnie the Pooh