Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Haunted Mansion: Things You Never Noticed Before

Well, I went on yesterday and passed the dance ballroom scene. I noticed something under the table, and tried to take a closer look. Upon looking closer, I saw two legs under the table and a liqour bottle next to them. A ghost drunk under the table pretty much but it was cool since i never had seen it before. Anything youve just noticed recently while going on the attraction?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• ---------------

Re: Haunted Mansion: Things You Never Noticed Before

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
    Well, I went on yesterday and passed the dance ballroom scene. I noticed something under the table, and tried to take a closer look. Upon looking closer, I saw two legs under the table and a liqour bottle next to them. A ghost drunk under the table pretty much but it was cool since i never had seen it before. Anything youve just noticed recently while going on the attraction?
    The band when you first come down the hill into the graveyard---
    the "ghost" playing the xylophone doesn't even come close to hitting it.
    (I noticed over a year ago...could have sworn it was closer in the past)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

I never noticed the ghost under the table. I will make sure to look for it next time I go. What I noticed until recently was the light floating from window to window on the second floor of the building when you look at it at night. that was creepy.

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    I never noticed the ghost under the table. I will make sure to look for it next time I go. What I noticed until recently was the light floating from window to window on the second floor of the building when you look at it at night. that was creepy.
    Say what?? Extrapolate!!

• The Tomorrowland One

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    Say what?? Extrapolate!!
    At night, if you look at the right times, there is what appears to be a single light, somewhat candle like, floating around the windows of the second floor of the mansion out front.

• Disneyland Enthusiasts

up until a few months ago... we didn't know about the cracked glass or the spider & spider web near the end of the ballroom scene.

gonna look for that drunk ghost.
    http://findingmickey.com
    the hidden mickeys and details of disneyland resort

• We Want The Redhead

Quote Originally Posted by findingmickey View Post
    up until a few months ago... we didn't know about the cracked glass or the spider & spider web near the end of the ballroom scene.
    According to Disneyland lore, that's the famous bullet hole. Supposedly some time in the 70's a guest went nuts firing a handgun in the HM and as I recall a couple of other attractions. As the glass in the ballroom is one gigantic slab that was installed at the time of constructing the building, it would've required removing the roof of the mansion and lowering a new pane in by helicopter. Quick thinking folks got the idea that it would be far more expedient to simply paint the spider over the hole and the web branching out from it.
    I honestly do not know if this is factual, but like many other bits of Disneyland lore, I have seen it published in a few places, possibly Mice Tails? Aqick Google search has turned up a few citations of the event...
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• in the Golden Afternoon

A friend of mine pointed this out to me- when entering the attic. the very first picture of Constance and her husband, there is a bookshelf and on the first shelf there is a clock with a very distinctive mickey shaped design. and its fairly large too. But you can only see it AS you are entering the attic, not really once you are in there.

• Faerie Godmother

I've known about the soused ghost for a while. But it wasn't until a couple of Christmases ago that I spotted the monkey doll dressed as the old bride (glowing heart and all) in the attic of HMH. You can spot her on the floor, a ways back from the track on the left side, when your Doom Buggy gets close to the exit.

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

I think if WE could control the doom buggies we weould notice a lot more about the mansion.

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    I've known about the soused ghost for a while. But it wasn't until a couple of Christmases ago that I spotted the monkey doll dressed as the old bride (glowing heart and all) in the attic of HMH. You can spot her on the floor, a ways back from the track on the left side, when your Doom Buggy gets close to the exit.
    Wow, I never noticed any of this! Anyone have pictures? Seems interesting!

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Well, i have no pics of the drunk under the table but i distinctly remember hearing Alice Davis talk about it in the Mansion DVD Documentary. I didnt know what she was talking about until the othe other day when i looked closely at the table, its about midtable there is is a liquor bottle on the floor in front of it and two legs reappear and disappear, it was really hard to see.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

here Elvis

• Hakuna Matata!

I notice the voice loop and the sound effects loop are STILL off in the Madam Leota scene. what's the deal??? been a few months at least.

• Shifting cargo

I had never noticed the ghost dog howling in the graveyard, the ghost floating in the mausoleum, or a hand coming out of a tomb with a drink glass in it's hand.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast