Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• starhorse

Are there rides you've never ridden?

...and/or places you've never been in Disneyland?

I ask because, even though this'll be my third year holding an AP, my days at Disneyland usually follow the same routine. A lot of strolling around Adventureland, Tomorrowland, and Critter Country... up through the back of Fantasyland... hitting all the big rides (Indy, HM, Pirates, Thunder, Splash, Space, Matterhorn).

But some of the smaller rides I have never been on. And when I really started thinking about it, I realized there's a LOT at Disneyland I have never experienced.

Such as:

A lot of the Fantasyland rides...
    • Alice in Wonderland (I know - but the line's always so long!)
    • Pinnochio's Daring Journey
    • Storybook Land Canal Boats
    • Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough (obviously, it's been closed for ages, but now that it's open I still haven't gotten the chance)

I've never been on the horse-drawn street cars, though I always LOVE watching them go by.

Never seen "The Walt Disney Story".

Never been on the Astro Orbiter.

And, probably worst of all (considering how much I love retro kitsch and parrots) never been to the Enchanted Tiki Room!

I'm sure there's more, but... I guess the reason I posted this thread is to ask those of you who have visited said attractions which I should check out before the others?

And, of course, to present the same question to you. What have you missed out on all these years?
    carrying bottled skies around
    twitter.com/equustel

• I'm not really here

Re: Are there rides you've never ridden?

I have never been on:

Gadget's Go Coaster
    Explorer Canoes (they are always closed for whatever reason when I'm there)

and that's it.

To the OP... shame on you for not having been on the Fantasyland rides, or the Tiki Room! You must rectify this situation on your next visit.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Higitus Figitus

i think i've been on every ride in DISNEYLAND. but there's a lot ive never been on in california adventure, such as all of bugs land and mullholland madness.
    in both parks, i hardly ever see the parades and shows. ive never seen a parade in CA and never watched a whole one in disneyland. i've seen fantasmic and remember... though
    “If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”

• Banned User

Canal Boats, Explorer Canoes.

• Minion

Hhhmmm...

I've never been on the Storybook Canals
    I've never been on the Canoes
    I've never gone into the Tiki Room

• Disneyland Connoisseur

I have never been to:

Toon Town. The closest I have been is the train station that drops off there.

I haven't ridden/been in:

Snow White (It was closed on my last visit)
    Peter Pan
    Enchanted Tiki Room
    Tarzan's Tree House
    Casey Jr. Circus Train
    Dumbo fliers
    Storybook Land boats
    King Arthur's Carosel
    Winnie the Pooh
    Explorer Canoes
    Tom Sawyer Island
    Columbia

I have been to the park 3 times, but during my first 2 visit I pretty much just went on the rides that interested me, which was only a few. Well, I have come to appreciate the park a lot more, so I decided this time I would try to go on everything. However, many of the rides had long lines and I didn't have time to go on everything. I missed the departures of some rides, like the raft to Tom Sawyer Island and the Columbia. Next time I need to go on all of the rides I missed, especially the Enchanted Tiki Room! I try to get to Disneyland when I can, but it is hard considerring I live so far away. Even though I love the park and have come to appreciate it at great lengths, I am still exploring it.
    4th Trip To Disneyland: June 28th-June 30th!

I really can't believe some of you have never been in the Tiki Room. Amazing, always a nice spot especially when its too hot outside. Definitely a must see, even if its at least once.
    DL Trips: '86, '87, '88, '89, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13...

There's a ride I rode once and will NEVER, and I do mean NEVER, ride again. Little Nemo subs are awful. I waited in line 40+ minutes to be crammed into a tuna can with a 400 pound woman sharing 1/2 my seat to hunch forward for what seemed an eternity to see movie clips. That ride could not end fast enough. Why the lines continue to be so long is beyond me.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by elle317 View Post
    There's a ride I rode once and will NEVER, and I do mean NEVER, ride again. Little Nemo subs are awful. I waited in line 40+ minutes to be crammed into a tuna can with a 400 pound woman sharing 1/2 my seat to hunch forward for what seemed an eternity to see movie clips. That ride could not end fast enough. Why the lines continue to be so long is beyond me.
    LOL!
    Finally, someone who thinks alike!
    I've only ever been on it ONCE and that will be it!!!! I was beyond crammed, it stinked, and it was all muggy inside! I waited about an HOUR for that darn ride! I have never even seen the darn movie! I didnt think they did a nice job on it personally. The subs are really nice I love the bright yellow, but as for the clips they show I personally didnt think it was too great at all. (I might be attacked right now saying it, but I agree with you that ride is awful!!!!)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit View Post
    I really can't believe some of you have never been in the Tiki Room. Amazing, always a nice spot especially when its too hot outside. Definitely a must see, even if its at least once.

Hhhmmmmm.. I shall see...

I have ridden on all of the rides at Disneyland and DCA. I agree, I will never wait on the line for the Subs unless it's A) a walk on or B) at max. 10 min. I think it has a very long line because it's a slow loading ride, and it's still relatively new.

My last trip was my first time going on the canoes. I have been going to Disneyland for 20+ years.

The only rides I have gone on at DCA is TOT, Soarin' Over California and California Screamin.'

• in the Golden Afternoon

I've never been on the Astro Orbiter. Theres a few things I havent done in Toontown. However, I havent even been there in years anyway.

I dont understand how some of these people who have hundreds of posts and go to the park often and they've never been in the Tiki Room.

• Future Cast Member

I've been on/seen/been to every attraction, show, and land in Disneyland. In Disney's California Adventure, I have not been on MaliBOOMer, and every time I go on TOT, I wish I'd never been on that, either.

• Queen of Sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by elle317 View Post
    I waited in line 40+ minutes to be crammed into a tuna can with a 400 pound woman sharing 1/2 my seat to hunch forward for what seemed an eternity to see movie clips.
    I agree totally with this, I hate the ride for this reason. I always end up sitting next to a bigger person who can't fit in one seat and I usually end up waiting for half an hour or longer everytime I go on it.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast