Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Dick Van Dyke named Candlelight Procession Announcer for December 3rd and 4th

:d
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• no flash photography...

Re: Dick Van Dyke named Candlelight Procession Announcer for December 3rd and 4th

note to self: do not go to park the first weekend in december. We went last year and had the worst time because of that silly show....yes it's silly to me...I know others like it...

• The one, the only...

Re: Dick Van Dyke named Candlelight Procession Announcer for December 3rd and 4th

I am excited to go. I have not seen the Candlelight procession. I have seen what they do at WDW and would like to compare. Dick Van Dyke is a great host. I always like hosts that actually KNEW Walt Disney. I know that there are fewer and fewer nowadays. I got to see them when I can.
    Last edited by JiminyCricketFan; 10-08-2005 at 09:24 PM.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Tour Ready

When was this announced? Is this confirmed? You know how Disneyland is...

• Senior Minion

Wow, wish I could be there. Big fan of Dick Van Dyke! I have to agree with Jiminy it will be led by a Fantastic host.
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 10-09-2005 at 08:32 AM.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Of all the announcers I've heard of for this event (or the similar one in WDW), Dick Van Dyke is the only one so far that would actually make me want to attend.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

We saw David Ogden Stiers (sp?) a couple years ago, and he was terrific. It was the only time I've seen the show and I have wanted to see it again ever since. Its an amazing experience, and if you've never seen it I highly, highly recommend it.

I do hope that they go back to first come, first served, free tickets again, though.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

I've never seen the candlelight procession, and have always wanted to, so last year I went. And what happens, the event is cancelled due to rain. So now, with Dick Van Dyke doing the narration, I have even more incentive to try and see it again this year.

• Oh, the cleverness of me.

I may have to plan a trip down that weekend
    <o>

• done

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    :d
    Another person on another board posted this info earlier today. Is that your source, or are you getting confirmation from elsewhere?

• Oh, the cleverness of me.

I can confirm this. There was a little blurb in the October 7th issue of the Disneyland Line (Cast member only newsletter). It says the following:

2005 Candlelight Narrator Named
    Announced Sept. 29, Dick Van Dyke will be the narrator for this year’s Candlelight Procession and Ceremony to be held Dec. 3 and 4. The celebrated actor and Disney Legend, best known to Disney fans as the comical “Bert” in Mary Poppins, has the distinction of previously narrating the ceremony 40 years ago in 1965. “This year’s event promises to be a particularly joyous occasion as we continue to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Disneyland®,” said Vice President of Entertainment Matt Conover.
    <o>

• All you need is LOVE

Thanks You know I will be there

• insufferable know-it-all

Wow, this event isn't already difficult to get into? I love candlelight

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Awesome news about DVD being the host this year!! But what I want to know is, where is the CandleLight Procession going to be held this year? Some say on Main Street, some say the Fantasyland Theatre and I've even heard at the Hyperion Theatre too. Can anyone confirm where the event will be held?

Thanks!

• Banned User

How crowded does this event get? I'm definetely planning on going but do we have to get there early in the day for seats?

It's Bert! I HAVE to go!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast