Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Chickitita

What would you like to have at Disneyland?

I wish they'd add extensions to some of the older rides like Haunted Mansion and POTC, JC could probably go back to smaller boats if they add more track... I don't know. I wish Frontierland was triple in size and that Toontown was scrapped to add a few more Fantasyland rides. I wish the characters were all over the place again and that so many were around that lines weren't really needed. I also wish they'd quadruple their theme efforts and knock off the pattycakeness of it all. I'd even like to see New Orleans Square made bigger, maybe if it wound to the treehouse and then of course Adventureland should be made much larger also.
    What do you guys think?
    Oh speaking of POTC, or even just bring back the intensity of the ride, including Haunted Mansion, both have been dulled down for the wimps. I used to think Haunted Mansion was the real thing, I recall my parents having to convince themselves otherwise.

• Done with MC.

Re: What would you like to have at Disneyland?

Those are great wishes and I'd sure like to see the same things. Especially the parts about NOS and Frontierland!

a theater show on the Disneyland side.

a new skyway ride.

a larger Dole Whip stand.

• Got "discovered" at DL!

I wish that they would have a parade that guests could participate in again, Like they did with the Parade of Stars. I know they're having a parade like thing in New Orleans that involves the Mark Twain. But I really would like to be able to be all costumed up and parade / dance myself down main street again haha.

The sky buckets were also very fun, and are very much missed.

• Shablagoo!

I'd like to see them dust off some old characters and bring them out in the parks. More variety.

I would also like to see a theater show on the disney side , (Marry Poppins/lion king/Mulan/Cinderella/Indiana stunt show anybody?). I think I'd like to see the day when Mickey's Philarmagic comes here, and I'd love to see the day when disney adds another thrilling attraction for those who want it. When was the last time disney added a thrilling ride? I guess rocket rods, but they're gone now. I guess maybe indy?? Man it's been a while since disney has added a thrilling ride. I'd love to see some help with tomorrow land and toontown. But I think this will all happen soon...

Oh how I love smiles!

• Banned User

I can't believe you want Toon Town scrapped! That would be awful. It just needs a facelift.

I agree they need a new show in the Fantasyland theatre, but mostly they just need to open all the dead space they've abandoned. Like the festival arena, Fort Wilderness, and Rocket Rod tracks.

I couldn't disagree more though about making Frontierland bigger. It's the biggest land as it is, and they're not using all of it, as two of my examples above specify.

As for Pirates being dulled down, I dont' know what you're talking about other than the guys chasing the girls fiasco a couple morons complained about, and Disney wussed and gave into. If you ask me the bigger explosions, the canon air pressure effect, and Davy Jones have increased the intensity of the ride.

my biggest wish is that they would just feature movies that deserve permanent attractions. I think it's crazy that Lion King and Beauty don't have anything themed after them other than The Beast Library in Animation.

I will say, I'm thrilled they're getting over Pixar and putting the REAL Disney movies in DCA, so it feels like their park now. Along with that if I see one more Toy Story attraction I'll scream.

• Chickitita

I agree with all of those. The skyway, whoa, it was my favorite thing they had that is now gone. I liked Peoplemover too, they both set an atmosphere to the park that a few people ruined for us by acting up. I think Disneyland will bring those things back though. How could they not?
    I like theater too and I think they should have an indoor and outdoor ampitheater for different shows that they change all the time. I remember when they had Pocahontas singing in the park. That was a magical visit!
    And of course Characters, especially the old ones!!!! And Parades that people can join in, are both some of the highest group morale boosters in the park and should totally be brought back. The parades they have are good but that sounds awesome to join in. If I managed DL I'd bring that back.

More characters...hello, where is Donald Duck!!!

• U. B. Bold

1) Better food at lower prices
    2) A return to land specific merchandise in the stores
    3) Scrap the AP system and bring back ticket books
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• Greetings, Program!

Walt.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Banned User

I actually never got to ride the skyway, cause my mom was not too keen on heights, but she may been right, cause we when went on Peoplemover, it freaked me out big time...haha. I definitely think they need more characters, it's hard to find anyone other than the fab 5 and princesses.

• Laughing Place Finder

Quote Originally Posted by elle317 View Post
    More characters...hello, where is Donald Duck!!!
    This! This! A THOUSAND times this!!!!

I know a lot of people here have had good luck seeing Donald as part of the Fab 5 over by the entrance, but I can honestly say in the last 10 years I have gone to Disneyland over 100 times and have never seen Donald out and about.

It's terrible that Donald gets short shrift.

I've never seen him at Goofy's Kitchen, Toontown, The Coca Cola Gardens Plaza, the Main Entrance, near City Hall or the Opera House.... never seen him anywhere.

Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto... even Chip & Dale are RIDICULOUSLY easy to meet but Donald remains incredibly elusive. And I'm a HUGE Donald fan.

They should have him doing double-duty out in front of the park and back in Toontown by Donald's Boat as well.

Hopefully I'll have a trip report up here soon that includes a picture of me with him but we'll see.
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

• Making my own Mousekteers

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH KNITE View Post
    I can't believe you want Toon Town scrapped! That would be awful. It just needs a face lift.

I agree they need a new show in the Fantasyland theater, but mostly they just need to open all the dead space they've abandoned. Like the festival arena, Fort Wilderness, and Rocket Rod tracks.

I couldn't disagree more though about making Frontierland bigger. It's the biggest land as it is, and they're not using all of it, as two of my examples above specify.

my biggest wish is that they would just feature movies that deserve permanent attractions. I think it's crazy that Lion King and Beauty don't have anything themed after them other than The Beast Library in Animation.

I will say, I'm thrilled they're getting over Pixar and putting the REAL Disney movies in DCA, so it feels like their park now. Along with that if I see one more Toy Story attraction I'll scream.

Toon Town doesn't need a face lift, it needs major reconstructive surgery. I've shared this story once before and I'll share again. I was about 11 when Toon Town opened. My family goes every summer at least once to Disneyland and my cousins and I were lathered in anticipation to get to Toon Town. We didn't talk about anything else for months. Then when we got there my cousin Nikki and I were too tall for everything but gadget's go coaster and Roger Rabbit. We were heartbroken. Now it's full of empty spaces, the way they decorated it is burning hot in summer and it's starting to look it's age.

I too think that Disney needs to start focusing on using the space available. The theater and everything on the back side of Big Thunder Trail need to be utilized. And they should put back in the Skyway and the people mover. At least they are putting the rockets back on top of the people mover station where it belongs and updating Star Tours. That's something. They could also reopen the boat rides in Tomorrowland. Frontierland could also use Tom Sawyer's Island for something, preferably something that's as timeless as Mark Twain and the River Fort and not something as temporary as Pirate's Lair. I think we need to think of attractions that are not based on rides. Like Expedition Everest, Matterhorn, Jungle Cruise etc...

Are we talking about things that are plausible or just what we wish? Because the kind of expansion that you all are talking about isn't really possible with the current space. I guess it would if you demolished Toon Town but somehow I just don't see it happening.

I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

Id like to see the Disneyland main street electrical parade back at disneyland where it belongs. They took it out the park because DCA was a failure and needed a comeback, its not our fault it failed and they should bring the magic and imagination back where it belongs, its just not the same at DCA.

Would like to also see the sleeping beauty castle lite up at night with thousands of sparkling light during the holidays like at the magic kingdom.

Id like to see captain eo back for a while or if not put in another 4d movie and scrap honey i shrunk the audience

lower food prices please

dds
    Last edited by rob3gd; 08-23-2009 at 07:19 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast