• Sock Puppet

Cool Out of Order T.R. Aug 18 - 20

Celebrating my birthday! I'm too lazy to put in order. HAHA...

I hope to post more soon - depending on the comments.

Re: Out of Order T.R. Aug 18 - 20

Nice! How were the crowds? Maybe I just haven't been paying attention but those new embroidery machines look really intense. Also cool to know the Disneyland Hotel gives you mickey head shampoos. I'm surprised they haven't cut that.

• Sock Puppet

The crowds were horrible; I'd say they are just "about" equal to Oct 31 crowds.

We asked why so many people; they said it was because Aug 17th was the first day for non blocked days and everyone was trying to get their kids in before school.

I actually had to wait 30 minutes for Pinocchio. I've never waited that long.

Waiting for the Aladdin Show was horrible because some of the trees in the queue line aren't fully grown and we had to sit in the sun for over 35 minutes. I felt the dripples of sweat dropping one by one down my back. aaaaaaaaah!

30 minutes for Pinocchio, wow! I know it just came back from refurb but that is crazy. Yeah, the blockouts being lifted really did seem to bring crazy crowds. At least you were at Disneyland, though!

• Sock Puppet

• Sock Puppet

Mickey Mouse doing a photoshoot

Imageshack - p8180050

• Honorary Mermaid.

Awesome pictures! I love the one with you and Stitch, hahaha, so great.

Quote Originally Posted by Meettherobinson View Post
    The crowds were horrible; I'd say they are just "about" equal to Oct 31 crowds.

We asked why so many people; they said it was because Aug 17th was the first day for non blocked days and everyone was trying to get their kids in before school.

I actually had to wait 30 minutes for Pinocchio. I've never waited that long.

Waiting for the Aladdin Show was horrible because some of the trees in the queue line aren't fully grown and we had to sit in the sun for over 35 minutes. I felt the dripples of sweat dropping one by one down my back. aaaaaaaaah!

I did my first day of my 3 day pass on Wednesday, the 19th.. and it was pretty crowded. The elementary schools started on 8/20 and some colleges start tomorrow 8/24...
    It was pretty busy on Wednesday, but it was very nice in the morning! We only had like 5-10 min waits on most rides, walked on Star Tours, Jungle, Pirates, HM and maybe waited 15 min for Thunder and Splash. I was by myself alone most of that day, and didn't know Splash had a single rider line til I got off and seen the sign.. LOL! Nice to know Splash and Indy have that availability for next time. I think I might go back Monday or Tuesday when it's a lil quieter, maybe? hehehe.
    I know yesterday, Saturday, was very busy!!! I took my boys to spend the day. I didn't go IN, but just from the traffic to just get to the drop off area off of Harbor... it was BUSY! And yesterday evening when I took the boys back after a bite to eat off site, we had a literal TAXI FIGHT in front of us... it was absolutely HILARIOUS! Two taxi's wanting the spot in front of my van.. one from the left, a van like mine, and the taxi car zipping around 6 cars to my right coming up the bus lane, and both were side by side, allllll the way around THE CORNER to the shuttle bus pick up area!!! It was funny, because only ONE could fit in the lane to get in there, and it was as if they were fighting over who would get there first to get the fare. Which is probably true. They were from the same company! So that is my interesting story even though I didn't even go IN the park yesterday! The boys did say it was REAAAAALLY busy, much more so than Wednesday.
    Oh, I love your Fawn pic... I met that same Fawn on Wednesday and had a good time. Yeah, my boys teased me about going into Pixie Hollow.. oh well! I'm going to the Princess Faire next time! hehehehehe...

Love your pics.. they look so fun! =) And the video of Mickey filming... hehehe... Great stuff!

Vickie
    ~Dead Men Tell No Tales~

• Sock Puppet

Yea, I've learned my lessons on when to go and not to go.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Very nice shots!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

Quote Originally Posted by Meettherobinson View Post
    Yea, I've learned my lessons on when to go and not to go.
    I didn't have a choice, it has to be over these two weeks we are here, and this trip was NOT planned and it was last minute thing to get my son down here to finish school! It's a good thing.. we are spending our last time together doing Disneyland.. well, sort of. They don't wanna hang with MOM... lol! However, I knew it was gonna be busy. So, planning is everything. My sister and her family have annual passes and go ALLLLL the time, so they know the best times too... but we want to get the money's worth of OUR passes, so we do all day on each day... so we plan around certain shows. Funny how I don't do the rides TOO much, I prefer the shows and I want to spend some time in Innoventions... haven't been in there in years. So, rides in the morning.. always.. but not sure the best time for Innoventions yet. I sat for 4 hours Wed and mostly just waited/watched shows etc. I waited for the Jedi Training Academy for 2:25 show, only to have it cancelled and she told everyone to come BACK for 3:30 and 4:35 shows.. then at 3:10 she said the rest were cancelled... I'm like.. wow. I sat there from 1:30 to 3... but it was relaxing, watching Darth Maul and some padawan's (sp?) run around and play with the kids and adults alike. And it was shady! I then hopped over and caught the new parade... Being it JUST me, it makes it easier to get around a bit better too, and find small spots to squeeze in. I don't mind being in the sun, and most were crowded into the shade.. so I got a nice spot above the crowd on the street. Too me, since I'm alone, crowds aren't a problem. But when you have 3-4 with you.. it is hard to manuever. BTW: Never been there alone before... it's sort of lonely but also refreshing. I can change my mind on a whim... etc. My imagination actually ran wild! I told everyone Happy Birthday that had their pins on... I offered to help people take pics of everyone in their groups or couples taking pics of each other.. it was very fun! It makes their day more magical... and kids.. WOW... I love kids! Miss mine when they were little... so I played with the little ones while waiting for parades and in lines to pass the time for them. Can't believe how many parents don't know how to introduce their kids to characters!! If you know the movies, you point out the cutesy stuff to the kids.. and it eases their fears.. one lil girl was like " NOOOOO" and I told her a lil funny bit about a character that her mom was being asked to come out to dance.. I think it was Stitch... I said he was like a doggie.. in the movie..and he LICKS you .. funny after the parade, he went up on the float and licked the announcer after that..and the lil girl squealed with delight to see that!

Just gotta know how to work with the crowds.. I remember some people helping MY kids ease their fears about the "real" people characters such as Aladdin, and John Smith.. they wouldn't go up to them, and it was nice to see someone we didn't know tell cute stories to my kids! And these weren't cast members! I pointed out other children, who were having a good time, and she eventually relaxed.

I think I go to see characters the most.. after all, this is where THEY live! hehehehe. Don't think about the crowds and it's less stressful.

Vickie

PS: I'm upset though that the Electric parade won't be playing anymore after today. It isn't on the schedule on the Disneyland site even next weekend! =( I missed it Wednesday... oh well. We were doing Ca Screamin' and Tower Terror instead with less people!
    ~Dead Men Tell No Tales~