Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• that's right!

I want to see a Tron game. I'd pay $8 to ride a simulated lightcycle for 10 minutes or something.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

A 2 level restaurant in the Starcade would be great. Then close down Redd Rocket's, HISTA and Innoventions to open up a huge space. This area on the east side of TL could be rebuilt to more modern standards and could house a huge number of possibilities. If done in stages it couldn't cost that much. I'd almost rather see something like this done before anything happens over in the Festival/Ranch area.

• Sock Puppet

In order to hopefully put some of these rumors or simple matters of hearsay to rest, I am fortunate enough to have the information regarding the use of that space:
    According to inside resources, Disney is planning something very special and equally cheesy for the 50th! What exactly do I mean? Glad you asked! Imagineers are currently busy working around the clock trying to duplicate, to a smaller scale, ride vehicles, characters, and scenery, from rides that have either been closed due to new attractions, or on account of a lack of P.C. (political correctness) and will be making wax models! Ever been to a Ripley's Wax Museum? Well if you have, here is a slightly more sophisticated encore!
    Apparently the procedure is going very smoothly, and they are already as far along as the Rocket Rods! And believe me, that's a lot of wax!

• That's Hawt

Oh, How utterly disappointing
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

It's about time they're doing something with such valuable real estate property...at this point, anything is better than nothing.
    "Somewhere under the sea and beyond your imagination is an adventure in fantasy."

• I like Cheese...

Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    Is there a way to connect Starcarde's 2nd Floor to the darn Space Mountain upper plaza?

Or, this would take some doing, but how about, if they redo the PeopleMover, they cut out the old loading area, have the track go directly from Buzz to Star Tours, tear out the back wall of Starcade's second floor, and create an HM-style loading area up there? Then you bulldoze the central tower and create a whole new thing in that space. Maybe similar to the Knott's XK-! concept where, instead of taking an elevator to the Rocket Jets, you board the jets at ground level and the tower itself is your elevator.
    Yeah - I was thinking about the same sort of thing - that whole plaza is unused. They seem to have a lot of unused space in the park when you add it all up...

Quote Originally Posted by SurfedUpDane
    In order to hopefully put some of these rumors or simple matters of hearsay to rest, I am fortunate enough to have the information regarding the use of that space:
    According to inside resources, Disney is planning something very special and equally cheesy for the 50th! What exactly do I mean? Glad you asked! Imagineers are currently busy working around the clock trying to duplicate, to a smaller scale, ride vehicles, characters, and scenery, from rides that have either been closed due to new attractions, or on account of a lack of P.C. (political correctness) and will be making wax models! Ever been to a Ripley's Wax Museum? Well if you have, here is a slightly more sophisticated encore!
    Apparently the procedure is going very smoothly, and they are already as far along as the Rocket Rods! And believe me, that's a lot of wax!
    LOL - I have no idea what to think about this post.

• something else...

wax...statues...of...rides...?
    You would think that being in New York for eight months out of the year would be cool...not when the closest thing you have to Disneyland is the World of Disney Store on Madison.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by FloggingMorgy
    wax...statues...of...rides...?
    You are absolutely correct. The statues will obviously not be full size, nor will they be of the entire attraction. Rather, they have been chosen based on their ability to please. For instance, the people mover was widely appreciated and will have atleast one, if not two, trams sculpted from wax. The Rocket Rods, while bothersome to certain guests and a money pit to the park, were innovative, sleek, and to some may have been considered a zenith when compared to other Tomorrowland attractions. They will be given an equally respectful display. This of course is not limited to Tomorrowland, but will be all-inclusive; a sort of nostalgic look at Disneylands past. And when you get bored with the wax, which I don't know how anyone could, simply turn your self around, proceed down the escalator (if out of order as they always were, temporarily stairs) and you will be transported back to the present!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    ...seeing as Disney's making "Hitchhiker's Guide", there's always "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe". Now *that* would totally rock!
    Awesome idea!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Whatever
    Yeah - I was thinking about the same sort of thing - that whole plaza is unused. They seem to have a lot of unused space in the park when you add it all up...
    While we're on the subject, I would love to see floorplans for the rest of the Star Tours/Starcade/SM/RRPP complex. How much of the ground floor of Mission to Mars is really taken up by RRPP? And how much space do they have to work with on the second floor, if any? Part of me wants to restore the full ground-up view of SM, but that could be SO much real estate for development.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Banned User

You are absolutely correct. The statues will obviously not be full size, nor will they be of the entire attraction. Rather, they have been chosen based on their ability to please. For instance, the people mover was widely appreciated and will have atleast one, if not two, trams sculpted from wax. The Rocket Rods, while bothersome to certain guests and a money pit to the park, were innovative, sleek, and to some may have been considered a zenith when compared to other Tomorrowland attractions. They will be given an equally respectful display. This of course is not limited to Tomorrowland, but will be all-inclusive; a sort of nostalgic look at Disneylands past. And when you get bored with the wax, which I don't know how anyone could, simply turn your self around, proceed down the escalator (if out of order as they always were, temporarily stairs) and you will be transported back to the present!
    i still like my idea of a miniature and fully functional Disneyland model in there better. Maybe they could even make small people to run around the model and ride the miniature rides and watch the miniature shows.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tech_Disney
    i still like my idea of a miniature and fully functional Disneyland model in there better. Maybe they could even make small people to run around the model and ride the miniature rides and watch the miniature shows.
    That's what I want to build in my back yard! But can you imagine how tiny some of those Hidden Mickeys will be...

I think we should instead steal some of the remaining EPCOT models and put them on display.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Sock Puppet

Tech_Disney, I like your thinking!

• With my wife....

*in the Dr. Evil voice*

...... riiiiiiight......
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast