Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    Awesome idea!
    hmm.. didn't i come up with that idea originally...

"Millieways, The resturaunt at the end of the Universe..."

and outside you could have a "Juce Bar" whihc if you can't get reservations you can still get the "Pan Galaxtic Gargle Blaster" (never use alchaholl)

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tech_Disney
    i still like my idea of a miniature and fully functional Disneyland model in there better. Maybe they could even make small people to run around the model and ride the miniature rides and watch the miniature shows.
    That would be amazing... itslike riding the canal boats in fantasyland but in a dark showbuidling.. or somehting like peter pan in the area when youre flying past Big Ben and see all of london. I would love to ride that. Man incorporate the peoplemover and ill wait 3 hrs for that ride.. Thats the # of hrs i waited to ride RR...AAAHHH!! Anyways...make it happen guys..haha
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

• Banned User

my idea didn't have real people riding the model of disneyland. they would be little fake people so the model of disneyland didn't look deserted.

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Tech_Disney
    my idea didn't have real people riding the model of disneyland. they would be little fake people so the model of disneyland didn't look deserted.
    And all this would fit tomorrowland how?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter

Fit? DisCo hasn't worried about "fit" since Matterhorn was plunked down between a cartoon fairytale land and Tomorrowland.

• Que que no-tu-rah.

I'm suprised so many of you would like another restaurant. Don't we have enough already? Personally, I'd like to see the arcade disappear and something more exclusive to Disneyland put in it's place. Like what you ask? Well, I don't have a specific idea, but it should be about space travel or some sort of far off technology - maybe holograms.

The more attractions that can be added to Tomorrowland that actually have something to do with the future the better.
    What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    Fit? DisCo hasn't worried about "fit" since Matterhorn was plunked down between a cartoon fairytale land and Tomorrowland.
    The Matterhorn is apart of Fantasyland. How is that out of place? You have flying pirate ships, driving toads, acid enduced white rabbits, and abominable snowmen.

Don't get me wrong...I like the idea of a working miniture DL, just not in TL. A fine eating establishment would be great. Not at the quality of a burger stand or even the french market for that matter. It would have to be up to the caliber of the BB. Once they get some of the rides going in the area (buzz, SM, and subs) there will be plenty of rides in that area.

• Wannabe Aviator!

If the escalator is stil functioning inside the arcade, I would like to see it still be part of the rest of the arcade with a "disney" spin on it.

How about a form of lazer tag with the possiblity of the People mover vehicles as they run by?

If not, With the queue line for Space mountain staying out on the top deck, why not theme out a better queue for Space Mountain with a few extra "goodies" to look at?
    "...and you'll want to stow away cameras, purses, hats, and of course...these little
    beauties!"

• Banned User

The Matterhorn is apart of Fantasyland. How is that out of place?
    Well, it has alternated between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland over the years.

And, everything in Fantasyland is based on a cartoon fantasy, fairy tale world of folk lore. Matterhorn is a real place, and bobsledding is a real activity. It did get slightly more fantasy with the addition of the Yetti, but it still stands out as the only non-cartoon thing in the land.

• Vehicle rotating backward

I'm not buying this wax museum idea. If nothing else, there's no reason for them to create wax models of everything when they have everything made of the real parts.

This is the company that doesn't throw ANYTHING away from a closed attraction, no matter how old.

• Banned User

If you mean fit as in size, then i am talking about a highly scaled down model of the resort. If however, you are talking about how would it fit into the themeing (which I'm assuming you are) you could say the future is in miniaturization as in making technology and moving parts smaller. Some of the ideas of miniaturization come from the decrease in sizes of cell phones, computers, PDAs, etc.

• Disney Lighting Designer

Ok, here is some inside insight on Floor 2: It was condemned by the county due to a lack of structural integrity following the high vibration generated by Rocket Rods. Surface and structural cracks began forming, and, although not in use at the time, Disney had to permaneantly close off the area. Basically all of Floor 2 in Tomorrowland is screwed... Including the platform for Rocket Rods. This is why the financial fountain has to be flowing pretty strong before we see any changes in that piece of sh-- work. And the answer is yes; Walt IS rolling in his grave... -Austin

• Banned User

Wait... you mean the rocket rods... the 25 million dollar ride... destroyed the second story... then why isn't the first story condemed as well... (due to the second story fallig in??)

I think if it is like that...hmm... Demo work anyone.... We could celebrate the fourth early...

queue

Nevermind...I just realized that someone posted that info already.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalAustin
    Ok, here is some inside insight on Floor 2: It was condemned by the county due to a lack of structural integrity following the high vibration generated by Rocket Rods. Surface and structural cracks began forming, and, although not in use at the time, Disney had to permaneantly close off the area. Basically all of Floor 2 in Tomorrowland is screwed... Including the platform for Rocket Rods. This is why the financial fountain has to be flowing pretty strong before we see any changes in that piece of sh-- work. And the answer is yes; Walt IS rolling in his grave... -Austin
    The second floor was no longer utilized due to damage done by the former Rocket Rods attraction. I never heard of the building being deemed unsafe by the County/State. Furthermore- I'm absolutely certain that if they 86'd an upper portion of a building because it "lacked structural integrity", I'm sure logic (and gravity) would prevail, and the bottom floor would have to be closed as well. I'm having difficulty believing most of the story- Have you ever heard the story, of not being allowed to drian the Submarine Lagoon, because the Matterhorn Bobsleds would tip over? Well your story is somewhat similar in a few ways. Inspections at the Resort are quite harsh- safety is a prime focus in all aspects, and there are very few to no risks- taken. If the strucutre to the Peoplemover platform was damaged there would be no smoking section right under it. I want you to think along the lines of the Plaza Pavillion complex which includes Plaza Pavillion, Enchanted Tiki Room, Dole Juice Bar, and Aladdin's Oasis. That's just a small example of how seriously Disney takes the health department and OSHA, DOSH.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast