Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Disneyland Afficionado

Second Floor of the Starcade...Hello???

Does anyone know what is up with the 2nd floor of the Starcade? What they are going to do with it, if anything?

Pretending it's not there with that big gate in front of the escalator isn't helping the aesthetic appeal of Tomorrowland.
    "Break it down? Are you kidding me...this is hand-carved mahogany." -Kronk

• e komo mai

That's a good question. But I wonder what they could do with that space? It's big but not that big for an attraction...

???

In the past has there been something up there?

• It's all nonsense

That area would be great for a themed restaurant. Not like a pizza port place...more along the quality of the blue bayou.

• Disneyland Afficionado

Yea. It used to be more arcade games. But in the late 90's (i believe) they kind of abandoned it. It has been dead space ever since.
    "Break it down? Are you kidding me...this is hand-carved mahogany." -Kronk

• e komo mai

What if they moved the talk to Stitch venue from Innoventions to the second floor of Starcade? Then what if they axed Innoventions for a real E ticket attraction in its place? That would be cool.

• Rawr...

MMMMMMMMM...Stitch...
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• Minion

Isn't the X-wing still up there? They could move that over by the entrance of Star tours. Then maybe put a nice eatery up there or a meet and greet spot. Anything would be better then the dead space that's there now.

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

I dont think theres enough space for a new ride or resturant... They should just move the arcade up there and put something downstairs that relates to space mountain. The scond floor looks like its storage now.. any comments on what they should do.
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

• Minion

Is there a way to connect Starcarde's 2nd Floor to the darn Space Mountain upper plaza?

Or, this would take some doing, but how about, if they redo the PeopleMover, they cut out the old loading area, have the track go directly from Buzz to Star Tours, tear out the back wall of Starcade's second floor, and create an HM-style loading area up there? Then you bulldoze the central tower and create a whole new thing in that space. Maybe similar to the Knott's XK-! concept where, instead of taking an elevator to the Rocket Jets, you board the jets at ground level and the tower itself is your elevator.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Banned User

even if it was storage or offices it would be better than just sitting there unused. Of course, I would prefer to have an attraction/eatery put up there, but offices are better than nothing.

Something that could be fun to put up there is a gallery with the main piece being a scale model of the entire resort and all of the attraction are working attractions. Then at night time, there could even be a miniature Fantasmic, and miniature Believe, and miniature parades. Wouldn't that be fun?

Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    Is there a way to connect Starcarde's 2nd Floor to the darn Space Mountain upper plaza?
    If I rember correctly they upper plaza and 2nd floor of the arcade are at the same level. The Space Mountain line used to walk by there, I am pretty sure there are glass doors there as well.

I would be nice to see them do something with that whole upper level if the SM queue doesn't fill it up.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    That area would be great for a themed restaurant. Not like a pizza port place...more along the quality of the blue bayou.
    Ooooh! I like that idea. They could make a starry ceiling with fiber optics and projections.

But, seeing as Disney's making "Hitchhiker's Guide", there's always "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe". Now *that* would totally rock!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    A theme restaurant would be great!!

Another idea would some of the things from DisneyQuest, like the virtual POTC, Jungle Cruise and Aladdins Carpet oor the "build your own space mountain then ride it" thingy at Disney Quest. We really like the Virtual POTC and the Buzz Blasters at Disney Quest.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    They could make a starry ceiling with fiber optics and projections.

There are so many possibilities. I thought i'd be cool to make the walls look like the were windows and then have projectors surround the place to make it look like you are looking out into space from your seat...planets spinning, meteors flying. You could even have a 'visitor' every half hour or so...you know like an attack from an enemy ship or stitch flying be to see everyone.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast