Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• 3Ls:Law Lost & disneyLand

Birthday Promotion + Buying a new AP = confused!

So called me thrifty, but I'm trying to figure out how to best use the Birthday promotion to my advantage. So here me out, and any suggestions, comments would be much appreciated.

So my last AP expired back in March, and I've had big Disneyland withdrawals since then. I signed up for the Birthday promotion, and was planning on returning on my Birthday in December to pick up my free pass, and use that towards a purchase of a new AP. However, now with the rumors of Captain EO returning for Halloweentime, I really want to go in October. But I don't want to both buy a ticket in October and then buy an AP in December. Sooo, in comes the planning.

My idea was to go sometime in Oct. and buy a SoCal or SoCal Select AP. Both of these APs will be blocked out on my birthday. Then in December on my birthday I'll head there in the morning, and since it's blocked out they'll give me the free pass option, which I will use towards upgrading my AP into a Deluxe or Premium AP. With me so far, okay this is when it gets more confusing...

What I'm not sure is what the value of the 'birthday pass' they give to AP members. If it's the full one-day admission price of $72 then that's great and I think I'm all set with my plan. But if they give me the 'blockout day' pass, then it's more murky. The value of that is what, $40? My local Costco's are still offering the Deluxe AP at the old rate with is $40 off, plus it comes with a 50$ gift card. That seems to be a better deal.

Okay, so if anyone can let me know if any of my logic is wrong, I'd be grateful. Oh, and how much the value of the birthday ticket is if you already have an AP.

THANKS!

Re: Birthday Promotion + Buying a new AP = confused!

I think they give you the value of the one day one park ticket. Like the value of the bday card. I could be wrong.

• Future Tinkerbell!

They give you the full price, I believe. You can puruse the FAQ about it and try to find a more definite answer:
    Celebrations Disneyland Free Admission On Your Birthday Page

It's at the bottom!

Nous sommes tous fous ici
    What do ya wanna know? http://formspring.me/littleactress
    I be bloggin' Tumblr

• Nerd

If you have the Socal pass and go to the park on a blocked out day - ie: your birthday. you will have to pay $45 to "unblock" it. Then they will give you a giftcard valued at $72 that you can use to upgrade your pass.

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    If you have the Socal pass and go to the park on a blocked out day - ie: your birthday. you will have to pay $45 to "unblock" it. Then they will give you a giftcard valued at $72 that you can use to upgrade your pass.
    Well that seems to be the worst option then. Paying $45 to get $72? Would they let me apply both towards the upgrade of an annual pass?

Thinking I should just go the easy way and just buy the Deluxe pass at Costco before it's totally gone.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mkm1998 View Post
    Well that seems to be the worst option then. Paying $45 to get $72? Would they let me apply both towards the upgrade of an annual pass?
    Doing that option, you technically only have $27 from your birthday card. I'm pretty sure you can use your block out ticket and then whatever is left on your Birthday Card toward your upgrade. So, you just used your birthday card to upgrade, pretty much.

If I were you, I'd just buy the pass all together through Costco like you mentioned, and then later use your bday card for something you'd really like in the parks.

• hi!

Quote Originally Posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    and then later use your bday card for something you'd really like in the parks.
    like adding parking to your AP
    -plagued

• Former Starspeeder Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by mkm1998 View Post

Thinking I should just go the easy way and just buy the Deluxe pass at Costco before it's totally gone.
    Off-topic, but is that picture of you with Alyson Hannigan from How I Met Your Mother?

Walking in Walt's footsteps

• Nerd

Hey MKM,
    I double checked on this cuz it seemed wrong to me. You DO get to apply the entire $72 birthday ticket towards an upgraded pass. But the Costco deal sounds better...you save $90 am I right?

Make sure your Delux pass isn't blocked out on your birthday date too...although I'm told that even if it is, if you ask they will let you in that day that you upgrade....

they have a complex system.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by plagued View Post
    like adding parking to your AP
    Haha definitely! The 50ish bucks you fork out over is totally worth it if you go 5+ times.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

I'm not saying this against the OP
    but I do find it funny (and not trying to sound rude or high and mighty...just and observance)

We get mad at Disney when they screw us over when it comes to money
    but when we try to find ways to do it to them, it's suddenly ok.
    I think it's great to find a deal, but it's when your looking for loop holes, I think it's a different story (IMO).
    I also think with the G.C. disney should either divide out what you paid per amount of days attended in the park or by the 365 days. In most cases you've had many more "free" days than the average guests. I don't agree with Disney shelling out $72.00 when you've had a deal on admission for a year (I'm sure I'm def. in the minority on this one).
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• AKA: Indyiluvu

My Birthday fell less than one month before my pass expired and I had the Costco pass so I payed $250 for my premium pass And I had a little left over to go toward a birthday gift for myself
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Off-topic, but is that picture of you with Alyson Hannigan from How I Met Your Mother?
    As soon as I looked I blurted out, "WILLOW!" to my cat.

I've been watching my old Buffy DVDs tonight.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    As soon as I looked I blurted out, "WILLOW!" to my cat.

I've been watching my old Buffy DVDs tonight.
    isn't she also from American Pie
    "and there was this one time at Band Camp..."
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Yes, that is Willow. Met her and most of the cast of Buffy/Angel at a Highstakes rally. Basically it was a Democratic Fundraiser Whedon would host every presidential campaign. I believe tickets were like $100 or $200, and it all went to the Democratic Candidate (Kerry). It was a very intimate setting. Maybe only less than 200 people there, and Josh came out and thanked us all for our donation. Did a small political speech, and then invited all the cast he managed to get to come up to the front of the room. I believe it was Willow, Fred, Gunn, the Trio, Tara, Wesley, Xander, and Nathan Fillion. They all thanked us, and then basically roamed around the place for us to walk up, take pictures with, and autographs.

Of course my camera dies that morning, so before I leave I borrow my folks. They had one of the old digital cameras that had the screen that flips out, and you could flip it so as to do a self-portrait. So everyone has this weird look like "is this going to work?" before I snap the photo.

I also have a hilarious photo somewhere of me on the couch with Xander and Nathan Fillion. Nathan of course cracks a joke just as my friend takes the picture, and so we're all cracking up.

Story to that was me and my friend see this line forming of people taking pictures on the couch, but we can't see who's sitting there. So of course we just get in line. By the time I get to the front, I realize it's Xander and Nathan, and the line was all girls. So there's this awkward moment where they look up and see me next in line, and then no one knows what to do. Cuz I guess they were like posing with the ladies, and now here comes this guy. Anyways the moment kinda dragged on, and then finally Nathan just goes "Okay, we can make this work, come on down" So I sit down between them, he puts his arm around me, and right as my friend is taking the photo, he goes "See, nothing gay about this at all..just a couple of dudes sitting on a couch" And we just start cracking up like crazy! Classic photo.

No clue where it is now, haha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast