Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Still lost in Neverland

My Lunch at Club 33

Here are the pictures I took on Saturday, October 8th, 2005 at Club 33. This was the lunch buffet. For your information, the price of lunch at Club 33 (excluding alcohol drinks) is whatever the current price of gate admission is. The buffet table has all the appetizers you could possibly want. Salads, pasta, shrimp, crab, lobster tails, fried tomatoes with some kind of cheese, and stuff that I have no idea what it was other than it was very good. The Entrťes now come from the kitchen as they were running out of room in the hallway. (They now have over 4,700 active members). So after you go to the buffet, your waiter comes by the table and you place your order for the main course. There is a huge selection, like Steak and Fries, Lamb, Chicken, and three other choices that I canít remember. There were four of us for lunch, Myself and my friend Kasey, our host and his 14 year old son. Kasey ordered the Lamb and the rest of us had steak. Our host and Kasey had a Lady Godiva White Chocolate Martini. His son and I had diet coke. All the food was delicious. The service is excellent. The Martiniís were $7.50 each which I understand is not bad for what you get. Here are the pictures that I took.

This is the Main Downstairs Lobby, and The Glass Elevator that first timers, as a long standing tradition, must take to the second floor. Everyone else has to walk the stairs (or they can ride the elevator if they wish.

This is the Head Waiterís station at the elevator station on the second floor

This is the Original Dinning Room that has the microphones (no longer working) in the overhead lights. Also pictures of old Disneyland and Walt are on the walls, a glass display case is in one corner and two of the original A/A birds (also no longer working) are above the entrance door to this room.

To get to the new Main Dinning Room you first walk down a short hallway that has a nice Grandfather Clock, A glass enclosed Telephone Booth (I didnít get a picture of that), the ďGoodie Display CaseĒ with all the Club 33 merchandise that you can buy and of course the famous restrooms.

Then you go down a longer hallway, over the New Orleans Street below, into the Main Dinning Room which is across from the Original Room which is above Pirates.

The Main Hallway is where the Buffet Station is located, along with the Bar.

The Main Dinning Room:

Each Place Setting has a "Presentation Plate" at your seating place when you arrive. This is pictures of those plates after they were removed and stacked on a side bar.

This is my plate after loading up with appetizers and a shot of the table setting:

This is the balcony outside the Main Dinning Room from street level:

And here are some views from that balcony.

Here you can see the Entrance to Club 33 from the Club 33 balcony:

These are just random shots off the Balcony of the area around the Main Dinning Room:

Kasey bought this Windbreaker jacket as a souvenir. It has the Club 33 logo on the front and also has a hood. I didnít ask how much it was, and this display jacket, like everything in Club 33, has no price tag.

My Friend Kasey by Walt's Piano in the Grand Hallway:

Well, thatís about it. I hope you enjoy the pictures of Club 33 and The Holy Grail of Disneyland Bathrooms. Sorry I didnít get any pictures of the Ladyís Room. Canít go in there and there where no ladies in our party.

Now, before I go, I did learn one thing about Disneyland that I had never heard before and did not know. When the waiter was telling us the history of Club 33, we learned how Disneyland got itís Street Address. Do you know how that happened? Now, if you have heard this story, please donít give it away. I would like those who have never been to Club 33 to try and figure this out just for fun. I think itís kind of neat. For those of you who donít know, the address of Disneyland is 1313 Harbor Blvd.
    Last edited by Lost Boy; 10-09-2005 at 04:17 PM.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• The one, the only...

Re: My Lunch at Club 33

Thanks for sharing that. It looks beautiful inside.

One day... Maybe... I'll be there too. Thanks for allowing us to live vicariously...
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• My cuties!

Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

Not sure why the address is what it is...

• CM for 4 years!

Are we talking about the address of Club 33? It's called Club 33 because its address is 33 Royal Street. It's right in-between the Blue Bayou (31 Royal Street) and Le Boutique Noel (35 Royal Street). They needed the addresses to be able to send mail.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

actually, they needed an address to obtain a liquor license from the State of California. At least, that it what I have heard.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

And why did they choose the 30s, becuase of the original 33 shareholder in WDC. So, the Blue Bayou being 31 just sprang from 33.

• Senior Minion

Thanks for sharing your pics Lost Boy. I have never seen clearer pictures. Very Nice.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Wonderful pictures Lostboy thank you for sharing!!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    actually, they needed an address to obtain a liquor license from the State of California. At least, that it what I have heard.
    Correct. Last week on my Disneyland vacation I took the "Walk in Walt's Footsteps" tour and our tour guide pointed out that the buildings are numbered here, and the streets named, because Walt Disney did not want 1313 Harbor Blvd, the address for Disneyland, to be named on a liquor license. He had all of the streets in New Orleans Squre named and registered with the city of Anaheim. Hence the address 33 Royal St, Anaheim CA.

Actually, on the tour we got to see the ground floor lobby of Club 33. It was at this point that each and every camera that had failed to record anything on the tour prior, or thereafter came out. Many of the group posed for photos in the elevator. Everyone in my tour group had heard of Club 33 and each of us, I think, felt we were seeing something very special within Disneyland! (Which we were).

Thanks for posting all of the photos! The Club looks fantastic!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Great pics, thanks for sharing.

And Lost Boy was asking about Disneyland's address, 1313 Harbour Blvd. Which I would love to hear the origins of. My guess would be the thoughts of Disneyland failing.

• Dont make me unfriend you

Be careful, Lost Boy. The super secret Disney secret police don't like pictures of the inside of Club 33 to get out.

If you notice you are being followed by guys in trench coats and dark glass, RUN. Just run. Change your name, move to Riverside.

Be careful!

• Traveler to the south

There are many theories about the address of Disneyland that I have heard. One is that M is the 13th letter of the alphabet so the address is MM or Mickey Mouse. The other I have heard is that 1313 looks like two mouse ears placed on their sides. That's all I have...
    "Remember: when life gives you lemons, just be glad you're not a zebra."
    - Skipper Mike

• Still wants to be a cat!

Club 33 was not named that because he did not want 1313 on the liquor license. It was so named as the address he chose and te street names mde it on 33 Royal St. Hence the name, Club 33. If you want to verify this, you can call the State of Califnornia and get all the info. Liquor licenses are public information.

Years ago, Walt Disney felt that a special place was needed where he could entertain visiting dignitaries and others in a quiet, serene atmosphere where superb cuisine and distinctive decor would complement one another. He asked artist Dorothea Redmond to provide watercolor renderings of what such a place might look like. Accompanied by renowned decorator Emil Kuri, Walt and his wife traveled to New Orleans to select many of the beautiful antiques that are on display. After years of planning, Club 33 became a reality in May of 1967. Sadly enough, it was never seen by its creator because of his untimely death five months earlier.

Club 33, so named after its address, 33 Royal Street, is comprised of two dining rooms and several adjoining areas, all of
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Still wants to be a cat!

That was Wolfman that posted that.....but we did research it and there is no legal address of 33 Royal Street, Anaheim, CA
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• A Pirate's life for me!

Great Pics...WOW!

Those are the best that I have ever seen of Club 33!

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast