• Baseball Stud

Fantasmic Fanís Trip Report - August 23, 2009 - Disneyland Park

Travel date: August 23, 2009
    Travel method: Car; 35 mins away from Disneyland Resort, CA
    Resort: Disneyland Park
    Accommodations: None; One Day Trip
    Ages Represented in Group: (Group Size: 15) Ages: From a baby to mid. 40’s
    Disney Resort Experience Represented in Group: 20%of the group were first timers, 33% were revisiting Disneyland for the second or third time, and 47% were Disneyland Veterans (Our family).
    Comments: 2 of our young group members are from Oregon, and it was their first time visiting the Disneyland Resort. They enjoyed their stay at the Disneyland Resort and wish to revisit Disneyland next year.
    Cast of characters: 2 families, 0 dating couples, 1 baby, 2 kids, 8 teens, 4 adults, 4 men/boys, 11 women/girls

Time of Arrival (08:55):
    To get to Disneyland, we took the 605 south then jumped on to the 5 east until we hit the Disneyland Resort. When we arrived at the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure, our magical day had begun. As we drove in, we blew the train horn in the parking structure to demonstrate our excitement, accidentally scaring some people. Parking cm’s sent us to the Daisy level, and we parked on 3E.
    1st Round; Arrival @ Disneyland to Lunch (09:10 - 13:30):
    Once entering Disneyland, our group was looking through the stores on Main Street while my family and I went to the Plaza Pavilion to take our annual passport photo. Once we received our passports, our group met up with us, to start our day at Disneyland. Our ride order was Indian Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, Splash Mountain, and Thunder Mountain. After Thunder Mountain, we headed to Toontown, but before we went there, we took some pictures with Woody and Jesse at Big Thunder Ranch. Once at Toontown, we rode Roger Rabbit, then went to Mickey’s house. After a long morning, we went to our cars to eat lunch.
    2nd Round; Disneyland to Dinner (15:30 - 19:30):
    After lunch, we entered Disneyland again to enjoy the afternoon. Our ride order was Matterhorn, Space Mountain, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Star Tours, and Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters. After riding these rides, we were kind of hungry, so we decided to eat dinner, once again in our car.
    3rd Round; Disneyland to Leaving Disneyland (20:45 - 23:45):
    After a nice dinner, and a mighty good nap, our group looked for a good spot on Main Street to see Magical. We were all happy to see Dumbo fly in the show. After the firework show, I headed alone towards the ROA to fetch a good spot to see Fantasmic for our group. The journey to the ROA was chaotic. First, most of the crowd from Magical were rushing to the ROA to see the 10:30 showing of Fantasmic, and second, the bridge or entrance to Adventureland was closed, so the people exiting from adventure land could exit easily. This only meant that there was only one entrance to the ROA from Main Street, the Frontierland bridge. Once getting my skinny body through the large crowds, I found a good spot to view Fantasmic with my group, behind Tower C. It wasn’t the best view to see the show from, but it made things easier for my group to caught up and meet me there. Fantasmic was great, and there was no mistakes, but unfortunately Murphy the dragon didn’t debut, and in my head killed the show for me. Once Fantasmic finished, we stood in our spot waiting for the crowd to calm itself for about 10 to 15 minutes, then we headed to Main Street and waited for some of our group members, who were buying souvenirs. After we reunited, we left the Disneyland Park.
    Time of Departure (24:05):
    On our way out of the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure, we blew the train horn to conclude our magical day at Disneyland, again freighting some people by accident. On the 5 frwy going west, there was traffic because they closed the freeway. The freeway then rerouted us to the 91 freeway. So we had to take the 91 until we hit the 605 going north. We didn’t get home until 24:45. Our next visit to the Disneyland Resort will hopefully be on Friday the 28th, to hopefully see Murphy the Dragon and visit, Disney’s California Adventure Park.

Sorry, no photos. I am haveing "Technical Difficulties" with my computer and my camera. Once I fix the problem, I will post the photos.

[edited]
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 08-25-2009 at 06:03 PM. Reason: edited out advertisment for other disney site
    "Somewhere Between Fright and Fantasy, Good Battles Evil In A Fiery Clash At The River's Edge."

•   
    • Senior Minion

Re: Fantasmic Fanís Trip Report - August 23, 2009 - Disneyland Park

Great TR! Bummer about the traffic on the way home.

• Baseball Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Legally Brunette View Post
    Great TR! Bummer about the traffic on the way home.
    Thanks, and yeah the traffic was horrible. And they weren't working on the freeway, it was just closed, so it rerouted us to another freeway.
    "Somewhere Between Fright and Fantasy, Good Battles Evil In A Fiery Clash At The River's Edge."

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

Awesome....you guys sure had a good plan to hit all the rides..
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• Baseball Stud

Here is one photo

http://micechat.com/forums/members/f...albums-23.html

PS: I let her beat me
    Last edited by Fantasmic Fan; 08-24-2009 at 08:28 PM.