View Poll Results: Current Hatter face character at park or possible new Burton/Depp version?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • I prefer the current classic Disneyland Mad Hatter face character CM.

50 70.42%
  • Would prefer a Mad Hatter park CM in the likeness of the Burton/Depp version.

5 7.04%
  • It would be cool to see both versions coexist at the park.

10 14.08%
  • Don't care for either. Off with their heads!

3 4.23%
  • Other

0 0%
  • Couldn't care less.

3 4.23%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Will The Real Mad Hatter Please Stand Up?! Do You Like DL Park Or Depp Version?

As a Disneyland face character, which Mad Hatter is your "cup of tea" - the current classic or a possible future Burton/Depp version?

In 1865, English author Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (under the pen name Lewis Carroll) introduced the Alice's Adventures In Wonderland novel to lovers of fantasy, adventure and uttered nonsense.

If you are like me, we are among the many-tude looking forward with excited anticipation toward the Walt Disney Picture's 2010 realease of Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland. In the film, a 19 year old Alice (Mia Wasikowska) revisits Wonderland for an inticing, exciting new adventure as she battles the evil Red Queen (Helena Bonham Carter) with a little "un-help" from her friends - the White Queen (Anne Hathaway) and the Mad Hatter (Johnny Depp).

Johnny's rather flamboyant version of the Hatter is off the chart wild. Can't help but wonder if we might see likenesses of his character at Disneyland in the future - along with the Burton version of Alice.

I love the current Hatter and Alice face characters that are based on the classic Disney cartoon film of Alice In Wonderland.

Still, one has to wonder about this curious question concerning the future of the Hatter and Alice at Disneyland. Will the current classic face characters remain? Will they each be replaced by the new Burton versions? Or, will both end up coexisting in the park?

Last edited by Ride Warrior; 08-25-2009 at 08:02 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: Will The Real Mad Hatter Please Stand Up?! Do You Like DL Park Or Depp Version?

Depp as JS yess as Mad Hatter ooohhhh heeeccckkk no

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Will The Real Mad Hatter Please Stand Up?! Do You Like DL Park Or Depp Version?

Isn't it kind of hard to pick before seeing the movie???

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Original Mad Hatter all the way! He really kicked some a** during that Mike Carona trial!

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

As much as I love this new version of a timeless story...I think I would prefer the original as well...IMO..I think the new version if it were to be in the parks would probbaly freak out some kids and even some parents..just my opinon
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    This is my utterly mad pre-movie Hatter pickin' thread. The even madder post-movie Hatter pickin' thread will be forthcoming in 2010 - or will it be fifth-coming, or perhaps even 10/6 coming. Dear me! This very well could be a hat-tastrophy, or even worse - a colonography.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Nah, it's simple. Just pretend you're in TDA, Google the box office & home video totals for past Burton/Depp projects, and... "think of a wonderful thought."
    Any happy little thought!
    Think of your bonus
    As the quarter ends
    Think of mega dividends
    Big bucks piled to the sky!
    You can fly! You can fly! You can fly!

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Original Mad Hatter all the way! He really kicked some a** during that Mike Carona trial!
    Yes indeed! The Hatter took took no smack off of nobody! As the trial progressed, I found the actions of the pipe smoking caterpillar as presiding judge in the Carona trial to be curiouser and curiouser.

Quote Originally Posted by cositaluvsmickey View Post
    As much as I love this new version of a timeless story...I think I would prefer the original as well...IMO..I think the new version if it were to be in the parks would probbaly freak out some kids and even some parents..just my opinon
    Good point. Capn Jack is freaky enough. Perhaps a Depp Hatter would be just too Jacked.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Nah, it's simple. Just pretend you're in TDA, Google the box office & home video totals for past Burton/Depp projects, and... "think of a wonderful thought."
    Any happy little thought!
    Think of your bonus
    As the quarter ends
    Think of mega dividends
    Big bucks piled to the sky!
    You can fly! You can fly! You can fly!
    I love your catchy little ditty, Mr. Wiggins! Now I can't get it out of my head, nor the performance bonus for singing it - which I guess I'll be doing all day. I can't lie! I can't lie! I can't lie!

• Closed Account

The time has come, the Walrus said, to talk of many things....

• Hopeful <3

I will always have a stronger preferance for the original only because he's who i grew up with and he was the only one i knew. But that is not to say there wasnt a huge tie between that and the new one! I adore johnny depp and i love the modern twist tim burton put on him, and i honestly believe he relates to the REAL original. Same goes for alice, I think that girl looks alot like the real one. Im just really excited for this movie all around! =D
    Live believing, Dreams are for weaving, Wonders are waiting to start

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    The time has come, the Walrus said, to talk of many things....
    So true.

What I liked about the walrus was his extreme sensitivity. But, he ate all of his little oyster friends just the same...and he talked with his mouth full.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 08-25-2009 at 07:33 AM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by misskswann View Post
    I will always have a stronger preferance for the original only because he's who i grew up with and he was the only one i knew. But that is not to say there wasnt a huge tie between that and the new one! I adore johnny depp and i love the modern twist tim burton put on him, and i honestly believe he relates to the REAL original. Same goes for alice, I think that girl looks alot like the real one. Im just really excited for this movie all around! =D
    The current Disneyland face characters are wonderfully entertaining to no end! Like you, I very much look forward to the coming new film. The storyline, acting and effects should all be something to marvel at. Perhaps the Burton movie will even serve to create more interest in the classic original Hatter and Alice at Disneyland.

• Banned User

Any more depplike additions to the park and we'll have to start calling the park Depp-land!

• Disneymom

I completely adore Johnny Depp in all he has done. I still need to see Public Enemy about John Dillinger. I am greatly looking forward to seeing the new version of Alice. Both versions of the Hatter look cool. One appeals more to kids and the other to adults. I am not a fan of Nightmare before Christmas but really like Coraline. I thinnk that Jack from Nightmare is creepy looking but kids seem to like him. I wasn't to sure when Depp did Charlie and the chocolate factory but now I love it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast