Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• ShovelyBubblyGobblyGook

Slightly Important Question 'bout Tix

K so basically, I wanna do something really nice for this guy & his daughter (they both totally deserve it) & I figured "what's better than buying them a pair of Disney tickets as a surprise?"

That part of the plan was the easy part haha

So my question is, seeing as I do need time to save up the money (and I have time since I won't be seeing him again for a few months) is there anyway of purchasing tickets, & somehow they don't have an expiration date? I mean, not perpetually w/o an expiration date or anything obviously haha but at least not for a decent length of time?

I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to get at =\ I feel like I'm not explaining this all that well >.<

BTW this is a person I'm not all that super close with, but being the type of person that I am, I really do want to give him this. I really wouldn't know in advance what days he would be free & he becomes very busy from time to time.

GAH ok, im just adding complicated nonsense!

Answers, shoot!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Slightly Important Question 'bout Tix

Actaully, if you wait a month or so, the 2010 tickets will be on sale at Disneyland.com.

They will have an expiration date of early January, 2011. (But be careful, there might be some limited time special pricing tickets also on the site).

But that is probably the longest you will get for the shelf life of a ticket.

Now, you could start buying and saving Disney Gift Cards and then just hand them over, and tell them they are worth the value of two tickets to Disneyland. This don't have an expiration date, though if they wait a while and the price goes up, they would have to be the few extra dollars difference.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

I think the Disney Gift Cards are the way to go.

• Laughing Place Finder

I agree with the gift card option as well. I often buy one Disneyland Gift card each payday in the months before my Disneyland trips.

One thing I did for a friend of mine and his family for whom I had a similar altruistic feeling was to book them a two night Disneyland package at a Good Neighbor hotel with three day park-hopper tickets through the Disneyland website.

You can definitely get cheaper pricing by waiting for seasonal tickets and then booking a hotel through Priceline or Hotwire. The advantage of doing it the way I did was that it was like a layaway plan. I only had to pay about $150 down and then make whatever payments I wanted as the year went by. I think this type of layaway program needs full payment 45 days before check-in date.

If they live locally and one day at the parks would give them a big boost then go with the gift cards. You can buy them in just about any denomination that you can afford, plus this gives them money for both tickets and you can add a little extra for food as well.

You are an awesome friend. Good luck!
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

However you do this, what a great way to reward someone. Blessings on you for being so kind!

• A Weather Eye Open

What about the one you see in the grocery store or disney store, the ticket vouchers that look kind of like gift cards. do those expire? or are they yearly, like the one on the website?
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    What about the one you see in the grocery store or disney store, the ticket vouchers that look kind of like gift cards. do those expire? or are they yearly, like the one on the website?
    Yes, the expiration is listed a couple of places, the easiest location is on the upper right of the back side.

I have a Premium AP "Gift Card" and it states "Valid through January 4th, 2010".

But yes, they match up with the dates listed at Disneyland.com/tickets.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Went to VONS today to do some shopping...

They had one day ParkHoppers for $97 and all 4 Annual Pass Options as Gift Cards.

All had an expiration date of January 3rd, 2011.

You might find multi-day ParkHoppers at a local Disney Store, as they use the same Gift Cards.

wow ok, you guys are giving me some damn good solutions when I was over here thinking that it would not be all that possible. I went to bed thinking it was just gonna end up being a nice idea.

I'd like to see more ideas from people too, but so far I think I may go with the gift card idea & try & make it as magical as possible when I get them to him lol I figured tickets would be more set in stone, but then again, i'd doubt he pass up an opportunity like that for his lovely little girl

and to those saying im awesome/kind, thank you very much, but im just trying to spread some happy to some people that would otherwise never be able to go on their own (or as often as I get to)

• Returning to DL 2/29

You deserve a hug for what you are doing and an award
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

Quote Originally Posted by hurricanefreak View Post
    You deserve a hug for what you are doing and an award
    i hardly deserve an award haha at least it feels that way.

Awwww...this brought a tear to my eye! What a great thing to do! I know both of them are really going to appreciate it!

• The Tomorrowland One

Park-Hoppers expire. 1-Day, 1-Park tickets DO NOT EXPIRE. If you are wanting to buy them just Disneyland only tickets, you can do that and they are good until they use them. If you are unable to make it to the resort, you can have the tickets mailed out to you, but it will be a few extra dollars for the S&H.

And believe me, Ive heard of people using an unused ticket from like early 1956 to get into Disneyland. It is a valid, paid admission that was never used and never expired, so it was accepted for entry to the park.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    Yeah,
    I thought the Disney store and other places actually sold Tickets in the form of Gift Card, they may have an expiration date on them, but nothing like the 14 days (Maybe they'll be nice and have no expiration date like Target doesn't on their gift cards).
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

wow you guys are making me blush over here with all these compliments haha

and thank you to everyone who's really trying to help out. I just want as many options as possible to see which one will work best for me to fulfill for them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast