Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fireworks viewing spot

I know the Hub gets very crowded for the fireworks, Tink flying and the castle "show". Is there another spot to "see it all" besides the Hub?
    Thanks so much

Can't wait.....We'll be in Disneyland in 2 days

Re: Fireworks viewing spot

Well... even tough the best view is from the hub, main street is also very good, an altough I personally have never seen it from small world, I have heard good stuff from that location Have a great trip! I'm going too on Saturday!
    I have a dream
    A song to sing
    To help me cope
    Trough everything

If you see the wonder
    of a FairyTale
    You can take the future
    even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
    Something good in everything I see
    I believe in Angels
    When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

Small World Mall offers somewhat of an alternative, with projections on the IASW show building. however, you won't "see it all".

Last night, the Hub/Main Street viewing was "curb to curb" jam packed all the way back to the Main Street Train Station. in fact, backstage Main Street had to be opened up to Guests in a last-ditch effort to relieve the overcrowding.

just prepare to be in a crowd. this show is well worth it.

have a great visit!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Sadly, the new show really isn't optimal from the Fantastic viewing areas. Too bad, since such a huge crowd of people are already in that area. If they could punch up that spot, like they did with Small World, it would really go a long way to alleviate over crowding on Main Street.

If you can't get all the way up to the Hub on Main Street, you can still get OK viewing all the way back to Town Square (I've even watched from the bottom of the stairs of the train station). Anywhere on Main Street is head and shoulders above anywhere else in the park. Closer to the castle = better is your goal.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Defintely the closer to the castle, if you can deal with the crowds spend one night of your trip staking out your fireworks spot really early, it's so worth it! Have a great trip!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Senior Minion

Ill back that up also! It is definitely to your benefit to "camp" out a spot near the hub or in front of the hub. And I have to say that if you see it a second time, check out the Small World projections, I loved it! Lots of animation.

The Hub is first priority.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Thanks so much for the info

How close can we "camp" out in front of the castle?

Our trip is almost here...Disneyland, here we come

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DznyMom
    Thanks so much for the info

How close can we "camp" out in front of the castle?

Our trip is almost here...Disneyland, here we come
    Well they will start roping off a section in front of the castle. I would probably get a spot just in front of the hub or near the front of it. That way you aren't too close and you can see most everything around you. Have fantastic time!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

We did this and got snacks, when I took the boys in July. We hung out and played eye spy and such for over an hour. But, we all stayed together, it seemed like there were tons of people around us that had one person leave to go get stuff and got seperated from their groups.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• A Pirate's life for me!

Yeah, but be careful...It gets to the point that if you send someone out for goodies, they might not be able to get back!

Too crowded.

• Animatronic

When I was at Disneyland on Friday they promoted the "Haunted Mansion river front" as a great place to watch the fireworks. I didn't trust them and camped the hub since I was with a firework first timer, but now I'm curious if they've added something special there.

• CM for 4 years!

Main Street Train Station Platform-- less crowds, 2nd best view after the Hub. (I think it's a better view)
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

A great location to view the fireworks is on top of the MainStreet Train Station platform. If you stand in front or a little to the side of the window that is themed to be somewhat of a little train ticket booth its perfect. You'll be directly behind the 50th tour priority seating folks, but they're sitting anyways and you won't be blocking the door to the train station building.

I've watched fireworks from here twice and both times it was great. Be sure to stand as close to the rope that blocks of the priority seating area though because people like to come and stand in front of you if you lean against the train station building ...

Its a great spot- you see all of the fireworks, you see Tink perfectly (although not as upclose and personal as you do in the hub of course) and the laser effects during the Tomorrowland portion of the show are best seen from this location!

The hub is still the most ideal and perfect spot for viewing the show, but if you want a bit more space (not too much though) or you're running low on time, try the train station platform. Both times I've been there it hasn't been *that* crowded... Not as extremely crowded as the hub by any means. People tend to get up there and go to the sides that have a couple benches and that aren't roped off for priority seating and realize they can't see anything and then they leave before realizing they can stand behind priority seating.

Anyways, the shows great
    Enjoy!
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 10-25-2005 at 06:04 PM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

How early before the firworks do folks recommend staking out a spot in the hub? Is one hour before they start early enough?

• Senior Minion

I'd think you'd want to get there perhaps a bit earlier than an hour before...depending on the crowds. Remember that whoever's left in DCA will probably walk over, too.

I'll second the statements about the Main Street Train Station platform, and it's also an outstanding picture spot for the fireworks. You'll also see what gets launched from the Main Street buildings. You will, of course, miss some of the details of what gets projected on the castle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast