• Done waiting!!

How about Matt Ouimet for Disney Legend award @ D23 Expo?

**First of all, I have no inside information and this is purely speculation!!**

I just read over the requirements for the Disney Legend award and although it might be a little bit of a stretch, how would you feel if Matt Ouimet was awarded this at the D23 Expo for his work on Disneyland's 50th? The location would be perfect as its right across Katella from where he worked and it would be in front of the general public (who likely appreciate him more than any of the bigwigs in Burbank did).

Of course my pie in the sky dream would be for him to take the award and beat Jay Rasulo over the head with it, before announcing that he himself would take over as head of parks and resorts.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• Banned User

Re: How about Matt Ouimet for Disney Legend award @ D23 Expo?

As much as I'd love to see him get some form of recognition, I doubt Disney will ever really recognize him for his work at the resort (and on the Cruise Line, where he came from). I can only hope Disney's still got his name in their Rolodex in case Jay decides to "retire".

• Done waiting!!

Ohh yeah I forgot about the cruise line as well.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• Shubisha

I don't know how long he worked with the cruise line.. was it for a long period of time? I mean regardless of how nicely the 50th came together and the direction the resort was going took a sharp change in direction, he was with us for such a short period of time that I don't think it would merit the award based on that. He would've had to been with the cruise line for a good while and done a lot of work with that too.