Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Thumbs down Tinkerbell the Ride?

Anyone but me want a more "family" orientated ride...Tinkerbell is for Girls mainly. Dads and Sons wont really go for this type of ride, Pooh, Little Mermaid, Cars, and Nemo are made for the entire family.
    I dont want to seem sexiest but the Tinkerbell movies and attractions are for the girls and they already have pixie hollow. Why not make another dark ride for the entire family like Beauty and the Beast, or any other fairly tale.

• Lego Peoplemover Priit

Cool Re: Tinkerbell the Ride?

Why not make a ride for everyone, but is not linked to a movie in any way? How 'bout that as a choice? Or are people starting to lose their imaginations, or have they just forgotten how to use them?

• Faerie Godmother

Re: Tinkerbell the Ride?

Because a franchise is marketed primarily toward girls is not, IMO, a sufficiently good reason not to build a ride based on it. After all, Cars is marketed primarily toward boys, and it's getting an entire land. (You might think it has crossover appeal, but when was the last time you saw a little girl wearing Lightning McQueen crocs?)

Better reasons not to build a Tinkerbell ride would be: a) we already have Peter Pan's Flight and Pixie Hollow, and b) we don't need any more damn character tie-in rides.

• Silly Bird?

Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    Better reasons not to build a Tinkerbell ride would be: a) we already have Peter Pan's Flight and Pixie Hollow, and b) we don't need any more damn character tie-in rides.
    Did I miss something? What tinkerbell ride are you talking about? And does anyone here remember the ET Ride at Universal? That's reason enough not to make a tinkerbell ride (I'll spare you a long and very boring argument).
    "You know it's a funny thing, but when I drink too many Gin and Tonics I start to glow in the dark."
    A. Trebek, Jeopardy, aired 7/15/2010

SHAMELESS PLUG- Check out my gallery of original ride music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GLbC...layer_embedded

•   
    • Artistic integrity

A character like TinkerBell, who's been around for decades, has cross over appeal to both sexes, where's I"m concerned. (Just my opinion).

I think the trick will be to have a fair share of male AAs spread out in the attraction.

I saw the Tinker Bell film at the El Capitan .. and I remember the film was not ALL female fairies prancing around. LOL

There were several male characters roaming around .. throughout the story.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Peoplemover Priit View Post
    Why not make a ride for everyone, but is not linked to a movie in any way? How 'bout that as a choice? Or are people starting to lose their imaginations, or have they just forgotten how to use them?
    I have to say, most of the Fantasyland dark rides are based on movies. I'm fine with that.

•   
    • Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Mission Seagull View Post
    Did I miss something? What tinkerbell ride are you talking about?
    Al speaks of it in his new update today.

http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al082509a.htm

>>Assuming that Consumer Products and the Studios can keep the momentum going on the young Fairies franchise, a Tinker Bell and Fairies themed dark ride is now slated for the old Motor Boat Cruise lagoon early in the next decade.<<

• Off to Neverland

DIE TINKERBELL DIE!!!!

you get your own little land and your own giant float in the electrical parade... LEAVE US ALONE ALREADY!!!!!!

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

I used to rather like TinkerBell. Then after she became so marketable I started to just get sick of seeing her.
    I think the problem with an entire Tinkerbell/fairies ride is not the subject so much as the odds that they will cheap out and make another plywood cutouts and garish paint thing, like Pooh. If they can put the money and imagineering into making it a decent attraction, then fine, go for it. I don't care if it's themed to fairies or pirates (ok, well, I'd prefer pirates) just DO IT RIGHT!
    thankyewthankyewverymuch

• Future Skipper

I understand theming a dark ride to a classic Disney movie... but Tinkerbell was straight to DVD. Pixie Hollow I'll tolerate, but there are multitudes of better uses for the space.

•   
    • Artistic integrity

I'm a sucker for all dark rides.
    Just as long as it's well done .. and not some sloppy job .. I'll be happy.

If they make it short - ALA "Winnie the Pooh" ... then I'll be saying ... "Why did you people even bother?!!"

Dark ride attractions less than 3 minutes = DON'T BOTHER!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Anyone but me want a more "family" orientated ride...Tinkerbell is for Girls mainly. Dads and Sons wont really go for this type of ride, Pooh, Little Mermaid, Cars, and Nemo are made for the entire family.
    I dont want to seem sexiest but the Tinkerbell movies and attractions are for the girls and they already have pixie hollow. Why not make another dark ride for the entire family like Beauty and the Beast, or any other fairly tale.
    (With apologies for lifting from my post in the Reluctant Dragon thread...)

You're requesting an attraction experience, as in "Disneyland family experience." Disney stopped building those kinds of attractions years ago.

Today's Disney pushes branded franchises to discrete kid demographics: Princesses/Mermaid for younger girls, Tinker Belle/Pixies for slightly older girls, Disney Channel franchises for preteens and teens, Cars for boys, Pooh for non-gender preschool.

Your job as a parent is to take your kids on Disney franchise attractions and buy them Disney franchise merchandise; essentially to fund a Disney branded lifestyle. If you enjoy the Winnie the Pooh, Tinker Belle, Little Mermaid and Cars attractions, that's great. If not, no loss to Disney -- you are not the primary demographic.

Your kids are.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• =)

Urgh...didn't notice that in the update the first time through. I can hardly call a thematic foul, but the subject matter really just does not excite me at all. Perhaps it'll be a pleasant surprise nevertheless...that'd be nice.

Honestly, they need another Indiana Jones level attraction. Doesn't have to be a movie tie-in, just something a little more bad***. There are a ton of rides geared to the very young, it seems like it needs a little leveling out for older kids and boys. They are already doing TLMM, why add another little girl centered ride.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    A character like TinkerBell, who's been around for decades, has cross over appeal to both sexes, where's I"m concerned. (Just my opinion).
    I must not be part of the main stream cross over
    I think she's cool in the fireworks show (simply b/c it reminds me of the old Disney shows) but for nothing else (and I know I'm also in the minority, but I don't think she she be the lead of Electrical Parade).
    I also think Pixie Hollow is a waste of space.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast