Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Where's Prince Charming???

He's riding the rides incognito over at Universal Japan.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Disneyland History Lover

Yeah it'd be nice if we saw more princes roaming around or in Fantasy Faire for the photo ops. The princes they have are often goofy looking in terms of their outfits. Prince Phillip's outfit is pretty awful. Heck, I even saw an Asian Aladdin not too long ago. It's cool they've giving others the opportunity to play him, but it kinda makes for a bit of awkwardness when you know that's not how he was in the movie.

• Star Tourist

He's right here.....lol

• Honorary Mermaid.

Totally agreed.
    Prince Charming looked like my dad when he was younger when I met him. Which isn't a bad thing, but it freaked me out and prevented me from taking a picture with him :[
    BUT dude, my question is where in the world is Prince Eric? :[
    Him and Tuxedo Mask from Sailor Moon were like my childhood crushes.

• A Weather Eye Open

Budget cuts! All princes (and most male face characters, it seems) suffer from BUDGET CUTS.
    It's really quite sexist, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post
    Seeing as it's the PRINCESS Fantasy Faire, I certainly wouldn't expect to find him there. Hope, maybe, as he has shown up randomly, but not expect.

He'll probably be back for the Christmas Fantasy Parade. Patience
    I haven't ever seen him in the parks as a walkaround. Rumor has it he was there near the 50th, because of the release of that dang 3rd Cinderella movie on DVD. I saw one of the photos. He and Phillip and Snow White's Prince Charming used to be on the Castle float at the end of parade of Dreams, but they got cut after 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
    See is dressed so goofy why is he wearing that ridiculous outfit needs his classic outfit.
    That's how I've always seen Phillip dressed, including in older photographs! Grey tights, pantaloons, big sleeves, hat, black with magenta or purple trim. I kind of like it, myself; over the top and fun, kind of musketeerish.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    Well why do Disney do have the stuff they do with the outfits for the characters. Like Ariel. She never wore that Teal dress in the movie and Happy he don't wear green he where's tan color.
    I agree, if Ariel wears a dress, it ought to be the pink one that she wears for dinner! Well, the pattern and design of the light green dress are actually based on her WEDDING dress, but I guess they thought it was weird to have her always be walking around as a bride. And it's arguably her most fanciest gown. But I'd still prefer her in the pink, and then Aurora can wear the blue, and Cinderella, well don't even get me started! If you watch the movie and pay attention to how the dress looks when it's well lit (and not in blue-toned moonlight), her gown is clearly silvery whitish! AGGGH!

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyLocks View Post
    Well, at least he's in Fantasmic, yes? And the Christmas Fantasy Parade!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    Budget cuts! All princes (and most male face characters, it seems) suffer from BUDGET CUTS.
    It's really quite sexist, I think.

I haven't ever seen him in the parks as a walkaround. Rumor has it he was there near the 50th, because of the release of that dang 3rd Cinderella movie on DVD. I saw one of the photos. He and Phillip and Snow White's Prince Charming used to be on the Castle float at the end of parade of Dreams, but they got cut after 2006.

That's how I've always seen Phillip dressed, including in older photographs! Grey tights, pantaloons, big sleeves, hat, black with magenta or purple trim. I kind of like it, myself; over the top and fun, kind of musketeerish.

I agree, if Ariel wears a dress, it ought to be the pink one that she wears for dinner! Well, the pattern and design of the light green dress are actually based on her WEDDING dress, but I guess they thought it was weird to have her always be walking around as a bride. And it's arguably her most fanciest gown. But I'd still prefer her in the pink, and then Aurora can wear the blue, and Cinderella, well don't even get me started! If you watch the movie and pay attention to how the dress looks when it's well lit (and not in blue-toned moonlight), her gown is clearly silvery whitish! AGGGH!

Well, at least he's in Fantasmic, yes? And the Christmas Fantasy Parade!

Yup and the reason princess fanatasy faire is only a meet and greet now is due to budget cuts When the entertainment department does cuts Most Face Characters are the First to go my friend use to be in the princess fantasy faire show and when they cut the show she transfered to another disney park

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

I met someone a few weeks ago who played Prince Phillip/Charming back in the 80's and he told me that Prince's have been a rarity as meet and greets for a long time. Unless it's something special (like Sleeping Beauty's Castle re-opening when Prince Phillip and Aurora were around the Castle) or a parade, you'd hardly see them. Once in awhile they'll appear (like in Capt Hook's picture).

Who knows? Maybe they'll have them around more often if enough people start asking for them. I'd like to get my picture with Prince Phillip and Prince Eric .

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyLocks View Post
    Totally agreed.
    Prince Charming looked like my dad when he was younger when I met him. Which isn't a bad thing, but it freaked me out and prevented me from taking a picture with him :[
    LOL... Thats cute though. Well we thik alike bring them back!

Quote Originally Posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    I met someone a few weeks ago who played Prince Phillip/Charming back in the 80's and he told me that Prince's have been a rarity as meet and greets for a long time. Unless it's something special (like Sleeping Beauty's Castle re-opening when Prince Phillip and Aurora were around the Castle) or a parade, you'd hardly see them. Once in awhile they'll appear (like in Capt Hook's picture).

Who knows? Maybe they'll have them around more often if enough people start asking for them. I'd like to get my picture with Prince Phillip and Prince Eric .
    How sad, only the Parades?...I'm not sure if they were in the Fantasmic show with the Princesses??... If they have them avail for that show, than they should show some more face character time on Main street

Quote Originally Posted by I<3DisneyGirls View Post
    He's right here.....lol

I dont see your tights and cape

• Minion

I finally asked a CM about Prince Charming, I suppose he only comes out for Christmas! They say Prince Phillip comes out more often than not, along with Aladdin... Come on Aladdin really doesnt count though!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I'm hoping , when Ariel's adventure opens in DCA, will will get a meet and greet area (as neat as the one that used to be in DL) for Ariel, Eric, and Max.

alright I'll show my face for you guys.

Actually thats a good question cause now that I think about it, aside from the parades or Fantasmic I don't think I've ever seen a prince walk around the park (well aside from the Beast) and I've been going since 87 (I was 3 though so I don't remember if I saw any walking around then)
    DL Trips: '86, '87, '88, '89, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13...

omg mandypandy were just thinking about this and we were both very mad! I think prince eric is the best! he should hang around PP when TLM opens

• Queen Elsa

I think we all need to write to Disneyland and let them know we want the Prince out more for meet and greet. They can put them in Princess Fantasy Faire or have them around the castle. I have meet all the Prince but Eric I even have ask Ariel why he is never around but Fantasmic. She gives me he's likes to stay at his castle until Fantasmic time. I really hope this Christmas we get them out and hope we see them more in 2010 for Disneyland's 55th.

We were at Goofy's Kitchen in 2006 and Prince Charming was walking around and actually sat down and talked to my two year old son for awhile.
    Which was really cool cause before that my son was afraid of all the characters, but after he talked to the Prince he would run up and give em all hugs.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit View Post
    alright I'll show my face for you guys.

Actually thats a good question cause now that I think about it, aside from the parades or Fantasmic I don't think I've ever seen a prince walk around the park (well aside from the Beast) and I've been going since 87 (I was 3 though so I don't remember if I saw any walking around then)
    Yeah, I've never seen them either! Good Grief!!!!

Yeah someone told me the Beast, but we all know that one doesnt count!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyboii View Post
    omg mandypandy were just thinking about this and we were both very mad! I think prince eric is the best! he should hang around PP when TLM opens
    Glad I'm not the only one, I agree with Capt. Hook, we all need to write to Disneyland!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    I think we all need to write to Disneyland and let them know we want the Prince out more for meet and greet. They can put them in Princess Fantasy Faire or have them around the castle. I have meet all the Prince but Eric I even have ask Ariel why he is never around but Fantasmic. She gives me he's likes to stay at his castle until Fantasmic time. I really hope this Christmas we get them out and hope we see them more in 2010 for Disneyland's 55th.
    They told me during Christmas so that'll be fun to see them. LOL they always have that response of "he's watching over the castle" or something like that! Anyway I just wanted to start this thread because it'd be cute to have the Prince and Princess walk around together... Just like the beast and belle use to do. But again the beast doesnt count as a Prince, and I dont think Aladdin does either.

I guess we all shall see when it comes to Christmas time!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast