Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sad Disney merchadising...where is Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore?

My goddaughter is a major Eeyore fan and is getting married very soon. Being a Premium pass holder and DVC member for over 20 years and DVC member I am very familiar with Disney merchandise. I spent a very hot day at Disneyland an CA Adventure going through "all the shops in all lands", Downtown Disney, the Grand, Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier trying to find a kitchen, bath or home gift. There is nothing for wedding gifts. I finally purchased a Mickey cookbook and Mickey Just Married ornament. Cast members at the stores and even City Hall told me that Winnie and friends are being phased out due to low demand!! Disney store has nothing...Disney Merchandise has nothing...Delivears has nothing...Ebay has nothing...Amazon nothing...Overtstock nothing...and even the outlets have nothing. I was hoping to purchase bowls, platters, towels, nice glasses, toasters, dishes, etc. Now I am frustrated with Disney. Is it me or am I overreacting?

Re: Disney merchadising...where is Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore?

Try and find some Mr. Toad merchandise...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I used to (and sometime still do) collect Tigger stuff. It got to the point where I had pretty much every Tigger thing available at the Disney parks (stateside at least).

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by Lanmon View Post
    Cast members at the stores and even City Hall told me that Winnie and friends are being phased out due to low demand!! Disney store has nothing...Disney Merchandise has nothing...Delivears has nothing...Ebay has nothing...Amazon nothing...Overtstock nothing...and even the outlets have nothing. I was hoping to purchase bowls, platters, towels, nice glasses, toasters, dishes, etc. Now I am frustrated with Disney. Is it me or am I overreacting?
    I'm sure Disney Consumer Products would be thrilled to know that CMs are offering guests their personal takes on the company's merchandising views. Here's what their focus is and why:

Merchandise Inspired by Winnie the Pooh:
    Winnie the Pooh began his life as a plush toy and the best friend of Christopher Robin. Since then, his story has been told through a range of innovative products inspired by Pooh storytelling throughout the years. Pooh products can be found in numerous categories:
    • Apparel — Apparel, accessories and footwear for newborns, infant, toddlers, preschoolers, junior and adult women
    • Disney Interactive Studios — Preschool learning, software, games and activity titles
    • Home — Infant bedding and nursery dιcor, snacks and beverages, personal care products; party products
    • Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment — Home video/DVD titles in release or development
    • Stationery — greeting cards, party accessories, gifts and collectibles
    • Toys & Electronics — Infant toys, plush and preschool toys, electronic learning toys, wheel goods, games and puzzles
    • Publishing — developmental, leisure and keepsake books
    Based on:
    • Pooh remains one of the top animated characters in the world with $6.9 billion in global retail sales1
    • Nearly 100% familiarity among moms of K2-5 2
    • The No. 1 preferred character for expectant moms, gift givers & mothers of infants and newborns 3
    • The No. 1 Disney character among preschool moms4
    1Disney Consumer Products Retail Sales Data
    2 US Cartoon Q Study, Spring 2006
    3Internal Disney Study, Fall 2006
    4 US Cartoon Q Study, Spring 2006
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

I've never had a problem finding Pooh & Friends merch in general, but it doesn't seem that unusual that there aren't a lot of 'household wares'-type materials for them. Those would tend to be higher-cost, lower-selling items. Aside from Mickey himself, I can't really think of any Disney franchise that has much variety in housewares - even Disney Princess, which has merchandise coming out of its ears, doesn't appear to have much - and what exists is mostly items for children.

I think it may be somewhat optimistic to expect dishware and appliances to exist for all Disney franchises. There are lots of nice collectables out there though - perhaps you could go this route instead?
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

It's that Pooh overload that was throw at us back in the 90's... it's coming back to bite Disney in the butt.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    It's that Pooh overload that was throw at us back in the 90's... it's coming back to bite Disney in the butt.
    Pooh remains one of the top animated characters in the world with $6.9 billion in global retail sales1

That must be what's been holding them back.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Honestly Disneyland likes to focus on the plush/clothing department for certain characters lately.

I don't think I've ever seen authentic adult character plates at any Disney store I've ever been to.

(And just a little reminder, Disneyland is still a vacation destination, even though the place is getting dominated by locals. If you treat it like a mall you will be very disappointed.)

• is too darn hot.

There are tons of Pooh family plush available. Look in the toddler shop on main street and look in the Emporium for some adult clothes.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Just Engaged!

There is lots of stuff in Pooh Corner. The Tigger and Pooh Salt and Pepper Shakers and a frame would be a nice wedding gift!

• watch what happens

Can you say mis-informed cast member? Always has been one of my pet peeves, when cm's give out false information. the Winnie the Pooh franchise is a MAJOR money maker for Disney. Esp with a New Winnie the Pooh Movie announced for 2010/11. Critter Country in Disneyland has a store devoted to Winnie the Pooh merchandise, Pooh Corner! Variety of clothing, jewellery, plush dolls and my favorite, the new mickey mouse ears with Pooh's red attire! And don't even get me started on Tigger!

• Collision speed....FULL!

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Try and find some Mr. Toad merchandise...
    YES! I was about to say, I am fed up with the extreme lack of Mr. Toad stuff!

• Mickeyfan3

My complaint is that there is never enough Pluto!!! Plenty of plush....some toys, etc. But on the great aluminum travel mugs? Nope. I'd buy 2 of those. There have been lots of things I'd be tempted to buy if my favorite cartoon pooch was on them!
    Counting the minutes......next trip ??????!!!! (to far away!!!)
    That is current Puppy in Training for Guide Dogs for the Blind, TIKI!!!!
    Hoofprints On the Heart Adaptive Riding Center

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Disney store hs some Eeyore mugs and cereal bowls, a shower curtain and cookie jars
    Disney Home | Eeyore | Disney Store

Some ebay stuff...
    winnie and friends tea pot
    Disney Tigger Eeyore Winnie Teapot Dish Washer safe - eBay (item 370249112475 end time Sep-21-09 16:30:47 PDT)

eeyore soap dish
    eeyore SOAP DISH winnie the pooh - eBay (item 370248652835 end time Aug-31-09 14:01:25 PDT)

2 nice eeyore soup bowls
    Winnie The Pooh Disney Pooh Bouquet Soup Bowl Eeyore - eBay (item 350134177193 end time Sep-27-09 11:14:31 PDT)

Disney Poohtanicals Rim Soup Bowl EEYORE - eBay (item 140319617687 end time Sep-05-09 23:22:39 PDT)

A lamp
    Disney Winnie The Pooh And Friends Table Lamp Home Decor -...

salt nad pepper shakers
    Paul Cardew~TIGGER & EEYORE~Salt & Pepper Shakers~DISNEY~GIFT~Collector~HOME DECOR

Actually, I founnd a lot of nicer dishes at replacements.com. You can try to find out if they sell sets of them anymore.
    This series is called Pooh Bouquet
    DISNEY POOH BOUQUET at Replacements, Ltd

Simply Pooh:
    DISNEY SIMPLY POOH at Replacements, Ltd

This one is Poohtanicals - it has pooh characters and flowers
    DISNEY POOHTANICALS at Replacements, Ltd

Royal Daulron has a lot of differnt types of tableware
    ROYAL DOULTON WINNIE THE POOH COLLECTION at Replacements, Ltd

Hope this helps somewhat!

Like AliasD posted... t's all targeted toward kids. Hard to find grownup Pooh items. Hard to find much variety at all
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

My son always drags us into Pooh corner after a breathtaking whirl (j/k) through the Pooh ride. There are a lot of Pooh and friends things in there.

There seemed to be a slight shortage when they were trying to push some merchandise from that awful "My Friends Tigger and Pooh" show on the Disney Channel, but that stuff didn't seem to sell and last time I looked I saw more standard Disney Pooh and a little bit of "classic" Pooh as well.

CMs are sometimes less than helpful and occasionally wildly mis-informed about things, especially merchandise. I've helped a few guests who were looking for something a CM hadn't heard of or said was unavailable, just by pointing them to a spot where I'd just seen the item. (I'm not bashing CMs)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast